Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kaptain_Konrad

HE still isn't a problem

202 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

Little of a rant because so many of my BB matches are becoming this crap and it sucks the fun out of the game. can fire either do not as much or maybe just max 2 fires at a time. I had 9 and I don't think it includes the fires that were auto extinguished from DCM II.

Is the only way to counter this to stay back? I don't want to sit back but dear God the damage you take even with flags and modules. I just put a anther three points into BoS and Fire Prevention.  

Untitled.gif

Edited by Kaptain_Konrad

Members
236 posts
2,358 battles

I'm sure they are willing to edit the game and help out your BB as soon as they take your ability to delete cruisers from the game with one salvo...

I'm sure that is working as intended as far as your concerned and brings a smile to your face every time you crush a cruisers game at the start of the match, well guess what, it brings a smile to said cruiser players face when he sits in smoke and burns your ship leaving you mad and headed to the forums to cry so that the devs turn on god mode for BBs.

• Cool 11

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

I've played BB more than any other line, and I don't personally consider fires all that menacing. Only BB drivers who normally complain are those who don't know when and when not to use damage control party.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,655 battles

Pretty much as said above, do you feel sorry for the poor cruisers you ruthlessly annihilate?

Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

I play cruisers the most, I don't tend to get deleted unless I'm showing side. i'm fine with BB damage getting lowered or something to help cruisers.

I only use repair fire when i have two or more. I think both are issues, just one is more frustrating than the other. You can control Cits to a degree.

So please don't assume I only play BB's and don't feel bad when a cruiser get hit by a cit when he isn't showing broadside.

Edited by Kaptain_Konrad

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Honestly, the only situation I know in a battleship where I'm lit by fires to panic levels is when I'm being focus fired by a hell of a lot of ships. And if that's the case, I'm already gonna go down fast, with or without fires.

Fires are not a primary threat. They're harassment and a detection range increase.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,750 battles

Any BB driver who doesn't sit at the back and snipe knows fires are the single largest deterrent to pushing there is to a BB.  Torps are an issue but fire is absolutely completely skillless nonsense that cannot be angled out of.  If someone hits me with torps I say good job, if someone sets me on fire over and over I'm not thinking they are super skilled I'm thinking they are lucky.

Fire is not an issue if you sit at the back.  You can move away from it and let your repairs and heals deal with it. If you are pushing caps and supporting your team in that 10-15km range every he spammer [edited]is clicking you and you simply can't repair fast enough to survive or be effective.  I'm hopeful the new captain skills reduce this affect some as I do realize it has some place in the game but right now it's terrible especially at high tiers.

• Cool 1

Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

Well, I was the focus of a lot of hits, or at least it felt that way. But 50k in fire damage seems extreme when I died in probably the first 5-8 min of the match. I know people don't like that cruisers get deleted, but their weakness is BB's correct? BB's cit damage could go a little lower, but it still has to be high that way they still fulfill their CA counter roll. If anyone can realistically defend that much fire damage in such a short time, I'd like to hear it, besides DirtyDigglers [edited]respone.

Edited by Kaptain_Konrad

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
8,141 battles

I've played BB more than any other line, and I don't personally consider fires all that menacing. Only BB drivers who normally complain are those who don't know when and when not to use damage control party.

This and I'm a BB main. While playing CAs and the Bismarck I've noticed so many BB players that still put out 1 fire and use their Damage Control ineffectively.

Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

This and I'm a BB main. While playing CAs and the Bismarck I've noticed so many BB players that still put out 1 fire and use their Damage Control ineffectively.

I never put out one fire unless I know I wont be hit until it's back.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

So lets make cruisers impotent against BBs. Sure why not. Not like the USN cruiser branch which doesn't have torps most of the line needs to be kicked down any harder right?

• Cool 5

[PNP]
[PNP]
Alpha Tester
1,033 posts
3,237 battles

I hate facing Zaos and Atagos. Bloody things do at least 3k damage from HE alone, and set at least 1 fire. Every other cruiser I can deal with just fine.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,177 posts
14,749 battles

So lets make cruisers impotent against BBs. Sure why not. Not like the USN cruiser branch which doesn't have torps most of the line needs to be kicked down any harder right?

I hate facing Zaos and Atagos. Bloody things do at least 3k damage from HE alone, and set at least 1 fire. Every other cruiser I can deal with just fine.

I find the damage just from the HE is as much of a problem an the fires and the UK CL's do just fine without fire. All 8" HE does heavy damage even without fires and 6" HE is like a grinding wheel. The real problem is the all or nothing with fire fighting. I would like to see damage control reworked from a switch to a chance to put fires out or stop flooding with each tick of the damage and only one fire or flooding can be stopped per chance.

Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

Why not just make HE shells do more consistant damage to offset the lost fire damage. Fire in it's current state is a bad design, like TurboT stated. Besides, why do you need more than two fires at a time. You complain about getting deleted but aren't you just doing the same thing to BB's that have three fires on them. You can reduce Cits for the most part by angeling but fire is just hurdur, I shot fire at you. Cruisers can delete Cruisers just as fast as BB's can delete them, people don't pay attention to that. except maybe Russian Cruisers, their AP feels lower. 

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,655 battles

I play cruisers the most, I don't tend to get deleted unless I'm showing side. i'm fine with BB damage getting lowered or something to help cruisers.

I only use repair fire when i have two or more. I think both are issues, just one is more frustrating than the other. You can control Cits to a degree.

So please don't assume I only play BB's and don't feel bad when a cruiser get hit by a cit when he isn't showing broadside.

One is more frustrating than the other, huh? Let's dig deeper, shall we? 

You suffered 50k fire damage from a total of 9 fires, how long did it take to lose all that health? Was it instantaneous like say a multiple citadel hit on a cruiser from a battleship? Or was it over a period of time somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-10 minutes? What tier did you play, 8? You managed to sustain 92k damage before you were sunk through the use of multiple heals, and keep in mind fire damage can be fully (or almost fully) healed. How many cruisers get to heal back the citadel damage you crush them for regularly? You'll have to forgive me if I don't cry for you, Argentina. Battleships are fine, HE is fine, fires are fine - just because you ran into one game where you suffered a lot of fire damage (through no fault of your own, I'm sure :sceptic: ) does not mean we need to rush out the nerfs that (surprise, surprise) also serve as a significant battleship buff.

• Cool 6

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

Why not just make HE shells do more consistant damage to offset the lost fire damage. Fire in it's current state is a bad design, like TurboT stated. Besides, why do you need more than two fires at a time. You complain about getting deleted but aren't you just doing the same thing to BB's that have three fires on them. You can reduce Cits for the most part by angeling but fire is just hurdur, I shot fire at you. Cruisers can delete Cruisers just as fast as BB's can delete them, people don't pay attention to that. except maybe Russian Cruisers, their AP feels lower. 

Takes well over a minute to burn a BB to the ground even with 4 fires going. Takes one broadside to delete a cruiser.
  • Cool 6

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

The BB hate, is real. It almost reminds me of a racial divide the divide that BB drivers and cruiser/DD drivers have.

• Cool 1

Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

One is more frustrating than the other, huh? Let's dig deeper, shall we? 

You suffered 50k fire damage from a total of 9 fires, how long did it take to lose all that health? Was it instantaneous like say a multiple citadel hit on a cruiser from a battleship? Or was it over a period of time somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-10 minutes? What tier did you play, 8? You managed to sustain 92k damage before you were sunk through the use of multiple heals, and keep in mind fire damage can be fully (or almost fully) healed. How many cruisers get to heal back the citadel damage you crush them for regularly? You'll have to forgive me if I don't cry for you, Argentina. Battleships are fine, HE is fine, fires are fine - just because you ran into one game where you suffered a lot of fire damage (through no fault of your own, I'm sure :sceptic: ) does not mean we need to rush out the nerfs that (surprise, surprise) also serve as a significant battleship buff.

5-8 min in game, probably 4-5 in combat. What do cruisers have to do to get cit? stupidly show broadside, and have the BB aim somewhat correctly. What do BB's have to do to burn? Be there. Cruisers don't use anything to put things on fire. At least Cruisers can dodge, angle or not show broadside to reduce the chance of a cit happening, all BB's can do is pray to RNJesus that they don't become a bonfire with a no skill ability.

Again, I play more Cruisers and I can see its a problem. People don't want to give up on the mondo, easy mode fire. Cruisers defend fire and complain that BB's snipe when the reason BB's sit back and snipe is the thing they are defending (fire).

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,750 battles

Takes well over a minute to burn a BB to the ground even with 4 fires going. Takes one broadside to delete a cruiser.

So don't sail broadside in a cruiser, don't get deleted in one salvo.

there is nothing I can do in a BB to not get set on fire over and over. No angle, no wasd hack, nothing.  Knock my ship start fire.  My only option is to hide at the back as to not get shot, which means no tanking, no pushing, no support for friendly cruisers.  It's so bad BBs are shooting HE because easy mode shell does damage any time and sets fires.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
30,523 posts
5,705 battles

So don't sail broadside in a cruiser, don't get deleted in one salvo.

there is nothing I can do in a BB to not get set on fire over and over. No angle, no wasd hack, nothing.  Knock my ship start fire.  My only option is to hide at the back as to not get shot, which means no tanking, no pushing, no support for friendly cruisers.  It's so bad BBs are shooting HE because easy mode shell does damage any time and sets fires.

Oh come on, most cruisers can be overmatched right through the bow. Tell that to the poor Omaha I deleted right through his bow with an Arkansaas beta.  Or the Kirov I crushed in my Arizona, or that poor poor New Orleans my Bismarck ate alive.

Fire suck? Sure, but it's managable. Citadel damage, that's not so much.

Sign in to follow this