You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MurphyVonMauler

Buy $5 presents gifts for Gremyashchy, not $3 or $1, late night gives better RNG for Gremyashchy

31 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Beta Testers
60 posts
23,258 battles

Six of my friends and I have all won a Gremyashchy tier 5 DD from Santa presents from buying the $5 Wargaming Santa presents using this strategy.

I know of people who have spent over $300 on $3 dollar presents and only received a handful of ships getting mostly camouflages instead.

ONLY $5 presents gives you the special Restless-Fire camouflages that has a 250 percent multiplier on XP

ONLY $5 presents gives you Dragon Flags that give 333 percent multiplier on XP

ONLY $5 presents gives you the chance to win a YEAR or 180 days of premium time

I spent about $100 on Wargaming Santa presents that gave me over 500 days of premium total, a Gremyashchy and several high value ships such as the Prince Eugen, along with about 18,000 gold doubloons. So I earned many times the value of the money I spent by opening Wargaming Santa presents very late at night.

I am part of the group Suntzu Warriors of the Art of War and we have around 210 members as of Christmas, we found people that spend around $50 on $5 dollar presents either got a Gremyashchy or a high value ship they had wanted from going late at night.

Want to join our gaming group? We do giveaways, like FREE ships or amounts of doubloons to members. We are a fun and relaxed group, we have game nights Tuesdays and Saturdays. http://suntzuwarriors.com/

Some in our group and other clans we game with have said opening late night gives better RNG for winning high value ships and rare ships as few people on gives better chance for winning the high value items. If you have 12 people who want a slice of cake at a party or 4 people at party, which party group gets a larger piece of cake? The same logic goes for Wargaming Santa presents, if fewer members are on late at night, it gives a greater chance for winning more of the best prizes. This was proved true for myself and 6 of my friends from our group this week, who all won a Gremyashchy through $5 Wargaming Santa presents!

I would argue to buy only $5 Wargaming Santa presents for best return on investment and to open them late at night like I did. Also the great items happened for me about every three presents I opened, so I would contend that buying in groups of three is a good plan. Below is a screen shot confirming some of the great items I won.

I could be completely wrong, but my friends found buying late night helped us.

Wargaming THANK YOU for this great opportunity and hope people get as much enjoyment as I did through Wargaming Santa presents.

Treat yourself to the chance at greatness, before this opportunity vanishes!

Members
319 posts
5,581 battles

Sorry, but I beg to differ.

I got my Gremaschy and Nickolai out of $3 boxes.   I've also recevied Dragon Flags and Restless Fire camo out of $3 boxes.

All the $5 boxes do for dubloons, flags, and camo is generally increase the quantities awarded.  This being said, I've received just about 35,000 dubloons from $3 boxes.   The majority of this came from receiving 3ea Schnarnhosts in a row in one set of 5 $3 boxes that I bought, so the spare 2 ships were converted to Dubloons (19,000).

Ships are strictly a function of RNG, which works the same day or night.

I also thank WG for this great promotion.

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

:facepalm:

Players thinking a few minor data points constitute a way to "game the system".....

This is why WG does so well.....

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

$5 boxes actually lessen your chance of getting Gremy or Nikolai. They do give you a higher chance of winning a premium ship, but the prize pool also expands to tier 8. $3 boxes are the way to go if you're buying them for previously mentioned ships. You can also win 90 days of premium time from the $3 boxes.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

I could be completely wrong

You are. :)

The only trick that actually increases your odds of getting a premium ship is buying containers in small batches in order to avoid duplicates.

• Cool 1

Members
319 posts
5,581 battles

As a test, I bought 7 more $3 boxes at 2:00 pm cst today

• Murmansk, which I sold for $2,250,000 credits.   I'd already solf the one I'd received earlier, as it's not in my play plans and I don't need another Russian training ship; as I've also received Kutuzov, Molotov, Gremaschy, and Nickolai among previous boxes.
  • 20 Ocean Soul
  • 50 Equal Speed Charley London
  • 1000 Dubloons
  • 25 Dragon Flag
  • 1000 Dubloons
  • 25 Dragon Flag
Edited by ikeystonei

Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,822 battles

$5 boxes actually lessen your chance of getting Gremy or Nikolai. They do give you a higher chance of winning a premium ship, but the prize pool also expands to tier 8. $3 boxes are the way to go if you're buying them for previously mentioned ships. You can also win 90 days of premium time from the $3 boxes.

I received a Prinz Eugen in a $3 box. The statement above implying that you can only get tier 8 premiums in $5 boxes is false or misleading at best.

[ADR]
Members
4,448 posts
16,088 battles

ONLY $5 presents gives you the special Restless-Fire camouflages that has a 250 percent multiplier on XP

ONLY $5 presents gives you Dragon Flags that give 333 percent multiplier on XP

ONLY $5 presents gives you the chance to win a YEAR or 180 days of premium time

All if this is completely incorrect.     I have obtained all of this in the $3 presents.     I got 90 days in the $3 so yea,  180 might only be in the $5

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I received a Prinz Eugen in a $3 box. The statement above implying that you can only get tier 8 premiums in $5 boxes is false or misleading at best.

I too received a Prince Eugen from a $3 box. So you don't need to buy $5 boxes to get tier 8s.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles

25 dragon flag boxes drop from $3 boxes....

All premium ships on the Santa list can be gotten from any of the three levels.

$1 boxes are only good for farming for premiums, bad camo, and xp flags.

$3 boxes are good for decent camo, and some flags., and better doubloon drop. Dragon flags, 25 count boxes.

$5 have better camo, no flags, 333 dragon flag drops.

Science here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/109204-100-boxes-for-science-observations-on-secret-santa-2016/page__p__2664838#entry2664838

Edited by aether_tech

Members
556 posts
8,405 battles

I've gotten Texas, 90 days premium, Blys, Gremy, Lo Yang, 2 Marbleheads in a row in two separate transactions, Arizona, some 10000 doubloons and the Kutuzov from $3 presents and Warsprite from a $1 present.

This is all very anecdotal but I've yet to get a single ship from a $5 present although granted I haven't gotten many of those.

Personal experience says its best to go for $3 presents unless you've got very deep pockets and don't care how much money you pump in.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

OP your unfortunately incorrect.

All boxes have a chance to drop the Gremy though I do believe that the more expensive gifts have a higher probability of dropping a ship.  Also you can get dragon flags from all of them and camos.  You can also earn premium time from all of them as well it is just a shorter duration of premium time. 

I got almost all my ships out of a $3 box.

Tirpitz

Prinz Eugen

Atlanta

Indianapolis

Lo Yang

Anshan

Warspite

Texas

Emden

Nikolai

Which are all the ships I didn't previously own that were available to win.

I also got some repeats:

Texas (Was a duplicate from the same batch of 5 $3 boxes)

Emden (Bought a few extra $3 boxes trying to score one of the higher tier ships as a duplicate for the gold.  Moral of the story, don't by $3 boxes after you got all the ships because all you seem to get is Emdens after)

Then got a repeat Warspite out of a $1 box last night.

I also got about 250 total Dragon Flags from the $3 boxes (25 flags per box that awarded them) including, 90 days premium time and about 400 +100% Bonus to XP camos from them.  Also plenty of 1000 Doubloon rewards from the $3 box and 300 Doubloon Rewards from the $1 box.

The $1 boxes seem to have low chance of awarding a ship and the camos you get aren't really worth even a dollar though.  They are the +200% to free XP camos with no other bonuses so not sure what I would actually use them on.

So I got all that plus with the duplicates around 27,000 Doubloons for $174 invested. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,904 posts
36,566 battles

Nikolai from $3 box bought mid-morning.  

I want a Gremy so badly...

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[PVE]
Members
1,713 posts
8,061 battles

Got my Gremy in a $3 box.

Yep me too, plus I also got a Sims, Blyskawica, Murmansk, Marblehead and Arizona, all out of $3. boxes

[TSF_1]
Members
49 posts
3,654 battles

After looking at this thread and after already spending $200 on this I decided to buy 3 more $3 dollars in hope of getting an Atago or Prinz Eugen bc I have a lot of other prems and not thoese two.

My haul was nuts

Box 1: 1000 doubloons

Box 2: Atago

Box 3: Atago (good for 10,700) doubloons

bang. 

For some reason if you buy a couple boxes at a time seem to get repeat ships. But if you buy them separately you don't get repeat ships, meaning if you have a lot of the other ships they are giving away you have a greater chance to get the ones you don't have.

[TSF_1]
Members
49 posts
3,654 battles

another WG employee encouraing players to get the most expensive box

such underhanded tacticx...............

Haha yeah that could be true.

I just opened 3 more $3 boxes cause I was cocky. Didn't get crap, should have quit while I was ahead. 

Members
4,296 posts
3,255 battles

I had a buy of 5 $3 boxes. Got a Prinz Eugen, Gremmy, Nikolai, 1500 doubloons, and a second Prinz Eugen

Also a lot of Dragon flags from $3 boxes on other buys

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,442 battles

I atago and tirp from three dollar boxes. The restless fire camo, though, has escaped my feeble grasp, and, at this point, I would rather have that camp and more dragons.

Members
26 posts
6,703 battles

20 3$ boxes, got a nikolai, an atago, a kutuzov, an Indianapolis, an atlanta, a blyskawica, a sims, and an emden. Funny enough, i almost get camos and i kinda wanted them espeically the good ones. 

[HEROS]
Beta Testers
60 posts
23,258 battles

Thank you for the replies, so if I am reading this feedback, $5 gives you better chance at higher prizes, but if you are going to spend a lot, go $3 boxes, which gives you best chance to farm ships, so if you have those ships, it creates a lot of gold for your account.

Best regards,

Murphy

[5D5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
153 posts
19,977 battles

I got the following ships from $3 boxes:  Arizona, Anshan, Atago, Lo Yang and Prinz Eugen.  So, by the logic of the original poster here, only $3 boxes will get you these ships.  I've also been able to determine that if you want a ship who's name starts with the letter "A" you have to buy a $3 box.