You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Sang

Anyone have really close games?

23 comments in this topic

[RST]
Members
835 posts
21,846 battles

Out of 4700 games I've had 2 Draws - can't get any closer than that.  

Last one came down to me alone versus a Yamato.  I was dying fast and wasn't going to win that duel, so I rammed him - draw.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,666 battles

I really, really wish that my replays had not been disabled in a recent patch, or at least that I had known about it before this game last weekend:

27y372e.jpg

It was a very close game that was headed to a loss when a 73hp Atago made the mistake of firing off a salvo at me and revealing himself (they were up on points/caps with time expiring), I shot at him, hit and killed him and secured the win (barely) and my second Solo Warrior.

Edited by Brohk

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
533 posts
4,994 battles

"I reallyreally wish that my replays had not been disabled in a recent patch, or at least that I had known about it before this game last weekend:"

Ive been using Geforces one

Edited by Sanguedolc3

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
9,600 battles

I was playing my Shokaku in epicenter, won by 1 point when battle time expires, 665-664, along with was a New mex and 10 dead player vs 1 Lexington, after capping the entire epicenter i though we lost and blam won by 1 point.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,666 battles

Ive been using Geforces one

Yeah, I have that as well but for the longest time I had replays enabled for WoWs and it wasn't until I went looking for the replay that I found they had been turned off - so it never occurred to me to use GeForce. :(

[CAFE]
Members
394 posts
11,074 battles

Most games are blowouts lately, though a couple days ago I (14k Fletcher) had to kill a 3k Hipper and ~60k Iowa with four minutes remaining. An enemy told me to torp myself as it was hopeless. After disposing of the Hipper I managed to maneuver so the Iowa was sailing towards me and rushed him, sinking him with roughly 20s left. No solo warrior, but it sure felt good to hard carry via sinking ships.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,165 posts
5,836 battles

I died in this game, but a game that my team won was by points...against five battleships.  Our team only had a destroyer with 10% health left, but we won the game as they fired a volley at our last ship.

[BBICT]
Members
3,886 posts
4,243 battles

I just had one...it came down to a one on one BB fight at center map on Shards. Me (Bayern) vs a Kongo. Epic! I won! :):)

[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,751 battles

Recently won a domination match by a couple of points. If the game had gone on 10 seconds longer we would have lost on points.

Members
5,436 posts
10,508 battles

it wasn't until I went looking for the replay that I found they had been turned off - so it never occurred to me to use GeForce.

Something happened with your install then - I have not had to re-enable replays for the last 4 patches at a minimum - probably more like 6 patches. 

[WOLF2]
Members
437 posts
9,389 battles

Was on the bad end of one earlier today.

A lone New Mex just had to survive the end of the match. Our team was literally at like 998 points and was just about to win.

The New Mex was told to not show broadside and he seemingly wasn't.

Then for some crazy reason he shows his broadside to a Bayern who kills him....... a total wth moment at 998 points.

Edited by khan1670

[ONE38]
Members
3,781 posts
13,380 battles

Yeah, actually it seems like I've had unusually frequent close ones in the last 10 days or so. I had one the other day that we barely pulled out in the final seconds of the battle. Our last standing ship, an Atlanta which was hanging on by a thread, took out the last red DD, also with a sliver of remaining health.

Edited by lemekillmister

[JADED]
Members
91 posts
1,467 battles

I still have an old Benson replay from version 0.5.11 which was one of the most thrilling matches i have ever played (and carried to a win). It was on Two Brothers, Standard Battle and it started well for us, both teams pushed the opposite flanks, killed a couple of ships on both sides and started to cap the enemy base. We capped faster and it looked like an easy win when the close game kicked in. The cap progression indicator was already at 100% and one last tick was missing when a blind shot hit me and resetted the cap. Because the enemy team capped our base at the same time with 4 ships they were suddenly on the winning side. Luckily a last salvo from a dying friendly BB hit an enemy ship to reset their cap progression also at only 2 seconds before the cap finnished! So they started to cap all over again, because they still had 3 ships in our base and our remaining ships started to drop like flies. So i had to rush back to our base through the canal and started to fight the 3 ships (1 DD, 1 BB, 1 Cruiser) in my Benson. When the cap progression against us was -again- almost complete i could detect and reset that DD who was holding the cap progress. It was a hard fight, but in the end i killed them all and we won very close by points after 20 minutes.

This game was absolutely crazy with 3 times cap reset for both sides with only seconds remaining and in the end we won by points, because the enemy team had only a Cruiser left and we had a BB plus an afk CV. I guess this was a once in lifetime game in terms of it can't get any closer than this.

But i agree, close games became very rare and the vast majority of games is a roflstomp for one team.

[WOLF4]
Members
895 posts
12,330 battles

Had a couple good, close ones today - one while playing a Clemson.  Got called out by the two surviving red battleships, as I was the last surviving player on our team. 

We were ahead on points and owned two caps, so I politely declined in chat - and harvested an ocean full of salt in return - ha ha!  Couldn't help but feel for them, though - one of those BBs had had an excellent game.  still - I'll take the win!

The other was on North while playing the Bismarck.  It was down to an Atago on the red team, and myself and a KM DD on our team - they were ahead on points and caps.

Time was waning - and I was very nearly dead - the Atago made her move - and...well...

https://wowreplays.com/Replay/26600

[BOTES]
Members
2,228 posts
8,516 battles

Rarely. Only a handful of games are close because MM is random. Can't have competitive games if you don't account for skill. This weekend, I've had nothing but lopsided games. Rounds take 5-8 minutes and my team either loses by having points reduced to 0 or we do the same thing to the enemy.

[SMOKD]
Members
149 posts
28,264 battles

Yeah, I have that as well but for the longest time I had replays enabled for WoWs and it wasn't until I went looking for the replay that I found they had been turned off - so it never occurred to me to use GeForce. :(

Explain GeForce?  Never heard of it, but if it allows u to play replays that are outdated due to newest patch, I'd love to try it.

[SOV]
1,868 posts
8,666 battles

Explain GeForce?  Never heard of it, but if it allows u to play replays that are outdated due to newest patch, I'd love to try it.

It's part of GeForce Experience, I don't actually use it myself because I have (had) in-game replays enabled so honestly I can't speak to it's capabilities.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/share

[WOLF4]
Members
895 posts
12,330 battles

I'm taking a guess at this - but I believe he is talking about the free game recording software that comes with the Nvidia Geforce graphics cards,

It works pretty well - and can be used to stream live, record gaming sessions, record the last 20 minutes of gameplay, or be used to record whatever is happening on the desktop.

I generally use the latter.  If I have a good game, or one I want to keep - I'll start the replay at the end of my gaming session and record it with the Nvidia software.  Then I can edit and keep the recording, even though the replay will no longer be playable once the client updates.

So - no - it doesn't allow you to open outdated replays.

However - LittleWhiteMouse had a system that allowed her to continue to open replays long left behind by client updates, but I forget the specifics.  Do a search for it on the forum, and you should be able to dig up her explanation of how she managed it.