Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Yavuz

Calling all Texans and/or history buffs! (posted on r/WorldOfWarships)

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,165 posts
5,813 battles

I'm not the person who originally made this post on the reddit, but I think people on this forum might find this important. 

No, it's not a meet up. I'm asking y'all to be just a tad political today in the name of USS Texas.

As this link details, the Texas is in dire need of repairs. The funds originally provided for her dry berthing have been completely burned up just to keep her afloat. She needs more funding, and now is the time to act.

For those who don't know much about politics or Texas politics, the Texas legislature meets only once every 2 years, and then only for a few months. This is done fire a variety of reasons, but it makes it so that getting stuff done is very difficult and rushed.

As it stands, the Texas legislature meets for the first few months of this year, starting next week. This is where you come in. Use this link to find your state rep and state senator. Send them an email. Send them mail. Meet with them. Make it clear to them that people care about and need the Texas to be saved. She's the third oldest BB in the world, ffs. We need to fund her restoration.

This crapis important, y'all.

P.S.: I'm considering starting some sort of petition for the out of state people to demonstrate that there's at least some economic benefit to keeping her around. If y'all are interested, let me know.

EDIT: If you know another subreddit/community that would be interested, please copy paste this post or cross post or whatever. We really, really need to get this word out to as many people as possible. I don't give a [edited]about karma or whatever so feel free to downvote any of my posts or comments to equalize, I just want to get this visible and sadly I'm not part of many communities that would be interested.

I definitely hope they can keep Texas afloat.  Heck!  WG could probably make this into a PR stunt and turn Texas into a recruitment station of sorts for the game.  However, I am not in charge of WG's PR, though this might be interesting to them as well as the players of this game.

Original Thread:

• Cool 8

Members
629 posts
2,230 battles

If I lived in Texas I would totally write, but as a Yankee I don't think I should be writing to a Texan senator/rep.

Doesn't mean I don't think they should give funding, I 110% agree that they need to save the Texas!

Petition to save the Texas:
https://www.change.org/p/9924203/preview

Edited by AnderZENZ_IowaClass
  • Cool 1

[TF11]
Beta Testers
23 posts
3,920 battles

If I lived in Texas I would totally write, but as a Yankee I don't think I should be writing to a Texan senator/rep.

Doesn't mean I don't think they should give funding, I 110% agree that they need to save the Texas!

Petition to save the Texas:
https://www.change.org/p/9924203/preview

Yo that link doesn't work.

I've already written my state rep (op from reddit) but I'd like to sign the petition as well (and link it in the post).

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

You would think if everyone signed the petition on the forums alone, it would be done. Should repost this to General Discussion. This is far from off-topic and far to important to be bumped out of the eyes of everyone, by the random drivel of OT.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,165 posts
5,813 battles

You would think if everyone signed the petition on the forums alone, it would be done. Should repost this to General Discussion. This is far from off-topic and far to important to be bumped out of the eyes of everyone, by the random drivel of OT.

I reposted it in General Discussion.  I hope seombody can shut down this thread so it doesn't clutter up the website :).

Thanks for your suggestion.

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
962 posts
3,473 battles

This is something that needed to be posted alot sooner! Tex is the last dreadnought(superdread or otherwise) and should be preserved for generations to come. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,322 posts
7,756 battles

That was filmed in the area near the Chatooga river in Ga... fantastic whitewater rafting... Arkansas is where you'll find folks like him....

Sign in to follow this