You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Kamikaze et all... what will they do to counter her in the near future?

13 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,115 posts

As far as OP ships go - which there's no denying, the Kamikaze three variations are OP heh heh... there will be more of them on the servers than probably any other OP ship.

If that's a safe presumption... or if they are even second or third in the population count, "out on the seas", while WoWS wont be messing with their data, they will eventually need to do something to counter her. I'm thinking the RDF was their rather "ham-fisted" attempt at doing exactly that - countering the OP destroyer(s). 

What do you guys think? Will they do anything? As always, tia :-) 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

There's no need to specifically 'counter' Kamikaze. If WG aren't selling her anymore, then over time the Kamikaze population will naturally diminish as players come and go.  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,115 posts

There's no need to specifically 'counter' Kamikaze. If WG aren't selling her anymore, then over time the Kamikaze population will naturally diminish as players come and go.  

Sounds good... I have seen however, WoWS accounts "for sale" on the net... kinda like instant coffee... pre-ground and all... but yeah, you are probably correct. 

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,970 posts
22,205 battles

Change MM so Tier 5 can see Tier 8

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,115 posts

Change MM so Tier 5 can see Tier 8

Yeah... that'll do it ... you know there's a lot of folks who'd like to see that happen :-) 

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,178 battles

The counter to Kamikaze are aircraft and other destroyers with better guns. Her AA is exceptionally poor, and she'll get steamrolled by the USN, USSR, and probably even the German destroyers if they are smart enough not to sail straight and can actually use their guns.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,115 posts

Her best bet is concealment and torp use... guns are a last minute effort... or a "see ya bye" just before torps land. :-) 

[UDEAD]
-Members-
417 posts
14,125 battles

I personally doubt anything will be done to "counter" the Kamikaze series of ships. If they are not going to sell her the population will eventually dwindle out.

As it is a Kamakaze class DD is an uncommon sighting with all the tree DDs in game

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

only time I seem to play lower tier   Premium ships now is for  captain retraining. (and that is rare enough)    Kami is pretty strong though  t7MM and CV do reduce her a lot.  at T4/5  you do see lot more CVs.

[BMBF]
Members
208 posts
16,007 battles

I don't see a counter coming.

Unless they give New York Radar/Sonar. Since BBs need more help

/sarcasm

Edited by Espinoza75

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts