You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oz2506

Cooperative Gameplay

94 comments in this topic

[2506]
Members
1 post
1,652 battles

Playing Random battles is ... great and everything. However, just playing some for-fun games with a friend to relax at the end of the day would be nice. Making the cooperative mode actually worth the time would be awesome. Increase the experience earned, make the choice between game modes more a choice of preference than of necessity.

Maybe we can get some objectives thrown in there as well. Land targets or attacking an enemy convoy or something. The game is fun, it's a great game as a whole, but it tends to get a little stale.

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

coming eventually..... till then enjoy your lack of participation in this weeks,and this months events.

Why would you get to participate in them? Co-op is easy mode. Dedicated co-op players usually have a win rate of 90%+, so don't even act like it isn't easy mode.

Members
790 posts
6,339 battles

Coop is actually a training mode. It's where I go to learn my new ship and get used to the guns. I've never taken it to be a game mode the same level as random.

[WOLF7]
Members
741 posts
19,340 battles

Playing Random battles is ... great and everything. However, just playing some for-fun games with a friend to relax at the end of the day would be nice. Making the cooperative mode actually worth the time would be awesome. Increase the experience earned, make the choice between game modes more a choice of preference than of necessity.

Maybe we can get some objectives thrown in there as well. Land targets or attacking an enemy convoy or something. The game is fun, it's a great game as a whole, but it tends to get a little stale.

Assault mode was tried 6 months ago. 8v12 with 2 caps. The major flaw with it was they just put out an update that made 50% of your team bots as well so more of 4v10 and most players had dd's or bb's due to the reward event on the pt server. Have not heard from it since. Then convoys have been talked about, coming soon.  They have also mentioned talk of adding subs and mines to Co-op events.

Of course replying to the OP's topic is hard for you 3. :P Nice try though.

Members
1,819 posts

Why would you get to participate in them? Co-op is easy mode. Dedicated co-op players usually have a win rate of 90%+, so don't even act like it isn't easy mode.

So what? We pay for the game same as you. We play the game the same as you. 

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

Because then it would make ops unbelievably easy. You may play the same game, but you play "fight stupid bots easy mode" where you get a 90% winrate. Lol, try going onto the WoT forums and saying "we should be able to complete ops in the bot training mode!" and have fun while they laugh in your face.

Members
1,819 posts

Because then it would make ops unbelievably easy. You may play the same game, but you play "fight stupid bots easy mode" where you get a 90% winrate. Lol, try going onto the WoT forums and saying "we should be able to complete ops in the bot training mode!" and have fun while they laugh in your face.

World of Warships seems to have a much bigger community of coop players. And for some reason, the devs here want our money more.

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

World of Warships seems to have a much bigger community of coop players. And for some reason, the devs here want our money more.

Please prove that the coop community is bigger. I don't believe that at all.

Members
1,819 posts

Please prove that the coop community is bigger. I don't believe that at all.

queue into coop in the middle of the night at tier 2-7, it will register you into a match before you even have a chance to hit the exit queue button. I know this has happened to me when I hit the button then realize I still need to go do the dishes.... maybe more than once.

Also they poll match opinions about every 1 in 20 or so matches, so they obviously are concerned.

They also have promised improvements and new modes, havent delivered them yet, and ohh yes.. they said they have a large and growing base of coop only players.....

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 2

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

queue into coop in the middle of the night at tier 2-7, it will register you into a match before you even have a chance to hit the exit queue button. I know this has happened to me when I hit the button then realize I still need to go do the dishes.... maybe more than once.

That happens to me at every tier in random, so that doesn't prove anything.

Again, please prove that the coop community is bigger.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,529 battles

Here we go again...

I get the desire to play co-op, even though I revile co-op like poison, and I would never presume to tell you how to play and enjoy the game but co-op cannot have increased experience rewards as it stands right now. Why? Three reasons; first of all it's way too easy and the reward needs to be proportional to the challenge. 90-95% win rates are very common in co-op which hardly screams "challenge". Second, the current mode is designed more as a training mode than a stand alone mode. Lastly, making the current iteration of co-op yield increased rewards would draw players away from random battles who are looking for the path of least resistance.

Wargaming has teased possible changes to co-op/pve so wait and see what (if anything) they roll out. Until then, no.

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

I don't give a damn how big the easy mode community is, you are not entitled to the same rewards as players who play the real game mode.
  • Cool 2

Members
1,819 posts

Bigger than random probably not, bigger than the coop in WOT, almost certainly, which was the point.

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

Bigger than random probably not, bigger than the coop in WOT, almost certainly, which was the point.

That's irrelevant.

So why should coop get the same rewards as random players, when farming bots is easier than farming players?

Members
1,819 posts

That's irrelevant.

So why should coop get the same rewards as random players, when farming bots is easier than farming players?

Because we pay the same money as you do... Id like to see you even try to argue with this one.

Why should we get an inferior experience? Even though we pay as well.

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

Because we pay the same money as you do... Id like to see you even try to argue with this one.

Why should we get an inferior experience? Even though we pay as well.

The game is free to play. Citing your choice to spend money on a free to play game as the reason why you should receive rewards is ultimately irrelevant. You don't have to pay anything to begin playing the game. If it was a pay to enter game like Elite Dangerous where there was solo and open modes, you'd have a point. That's not the case with WoWs where someone can play to the end of a line without having to pay anything.

You kill bots which are easier to farm giving most coop players a higher win rate and better overall stats than their random counterparts, where you're playing against less predictable human players.

So again, why should coop get the same rewards as random?

Edited by jabberwalkie09
  • Cool 2

Members
1,819 posts

The game is free to play. Citing your choice to spend money on a free to play game as the reason why you should receive rewards is ultimately irrelevant. You don't have to pay anything to begin playing the game. If it was a pay to enter game like Elite Dangerous where there was solo and open modes, you'd have a point. That's not the case with WoWs where someone can play to the end of a line without having to pay anything.

You kill bots which are easier to farm giving most coop players a higher win rate and better overall stats than their random counterparts, where you're playing against less predictable human players.

So again, why should coop get the same rewards as random?

Stats are tracked seperately.. so its meaningless to make comparisions.

They also send mixed messages, like we get to participate in the important events like Graff spree, but get left out of ones that award 500 experience and 25k credits...

Members
648 posts
3,799 battles

Stats are tracked seperately.. so its meaningless to make comparisions.

They also send mixed messages, like we get to participate in the important events like Graff spree, but get left out of ones that award 500 experience and 25k credits...

You're right, they are. However, that doesn't mean that the high degree of success isn't indicative of the difficulty.

Really, if you want the rewards it's easy to go click the button for game type and select random. God forbid you have to put forth some effort to get the reward against actual players.

Edited by jabberwalkie09

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

You're right, they are. However, that doesn't mean that the high degree of success isn't indicative of the difficulty.

Really, if you want the rewards it's easy to go click the button for game type and select random. God forbid you have to put forth some effort to get the reward against actual players.

I would just stop arguing with him. One of the most asinine and fact-rejecting people I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to hold a semi-sophisticated debate with.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,220 posts
23,581 battles

I play Coop exclusively and do not want the rewards to be the same. Personally I think that if you play PvP you should get more not because it is harder, its because it is a terrible gaming environment. PvE is much more fun, people having a great time laughing and blowing crap up. Win or lose its a fun game mode and the rewards are appropriate. I played PvP and ranked, did not find it especially difficult, just more aggravating with all the nastiness and IMHO it just wasn't any fun. Besides the games last forever, que time is long, and the teams are huge. Its boring and populated by enough nasty individuals that it becomes a miserable experience. I don't pay for miserable experiences. I can't even recall how many times I left a PvP game before my ship was destroyed, because the atmosphere was just too toxic for the game to be fun. I have been playing online multiplayer games since the original MUDS and MUSHS, and the petty nastiness of WoWS is probably the worst I have ever encountered. BTW never played WoT but hear it is worse. Just looking at the nastiness of the responses just affirms I made the right decision by ignoring PvP in this game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

Members
2,300 posts
5,512 battles

Prove to me that there is air. Can't see it. Can't reach out and touch it. But you know it's there. WG will NEVER EVER release that accurate info on how many Co-Op vs Random players there are. The reason? Because if they did, the Random players would be screaming bloody murder and demanding the elimination of Co-Op mode. So WG quietly takes the $$$ of Co-Op players, but keeps the exact numbers hush-hush. Some WG "estimates" from dubious sources list the Co-Op membership as 30-40%. That "estimate" has been floating around for a while now, and I doubt it is very accurate. Most likely much larger than that. 

Oh yeah...I see the "usual subjects" have checked in with their anti-Co-Op propaganda. Things like "it's a training mode". That's quite hilarious, since WG also has a TRAINING ROOM to train in. Two training modes. Wow. Pretty impressive.

"Co-Op is "Easy Mode". <Sigh>....I wish people that came into Co-Op from Random to pick up their "easy" pickings actually had the competence to substantiate this. Every dam time some nitwit from Random comes into Co-Op, he sports all kinds of special flags, and runs the "BB shuttle bus" at the back of the map, popping off sniper shots and doing pretty much nothing to help the win. And supposedly these people care more about wins than Co-Op people. I sure don't see that. 

Finally, if Random "is where the big boys play", why is the forum overflowing with complaints FROM Random players about terrible game play and terrible games? Even a loss in Co-Op doesn't send me running to the forum to piss and moan about terrible game play in Co-Op. 

• Cool 3

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,529 battles

Oh yeah...I see the "usual subjects" have checked in with their anti-Co-Op propaganda. Things like "it's a training mode". That's quite hilarious, since WG also has a TRAINING ROOM to train in. Two training modes. Wow. Pretty impressive.

WG themselves called it a training mode.

"Co-Op is "Easy Mode". <Sigh>

The average win rate for bots is somewhere between 5-10%, enough said.

why is the forum overflowing with complaints FROM Random players about terrible game play and terrible games? 

Bots lack the ability to come to the forum and complain.

You are just all wrong in your assertions about co-op. It never was intended to be a stand-alone version of the game and it really is that easy. You've played (before your stats went private) 1,935 games in co-op and have a 96.33% win rate. Ninety freaking six in almost two thousand games. I have nothing against people who choose to play co-op but this victimization/woe-is-us nonsense just needs to stop. The rewards are proportional to the challenge and WG is looking into the idea of expanding co-op, just be happy with that and stop whining FFS.

Edited by Brohk
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles

Pay yes, play no.

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

WG themselves called it a training mode.

The average win rate for bots is somewhere between 5-10%, enough said.

Bots lack the ability to come to the forum and complain.

You are just all wrong in your assertions about co-op. It never was intended to be a stand-alone version of the game and it really is that easy. You've played (before your stats went private) 1,935 games in co-op and have a 96.33% win rate. Ninety freaking six in almost two thousand games. I have nothing against people who choose to play co-op but this victimization/woe-is-us nonsense just needs to stop. The rewards are proportional to the challenge and WG is looking into the idea of expanding co-op, just be happy with that and stop whining FFS.

'Nah man. It's hard. We deserve full op rewards.'

I think it's ridiculous they get a free Graf Spee with win rates like that. I can't believe people claim that game mode it hard, while they're winning 1857 games out of the 1935 they've played. People.