Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pugilistic

Option to Refuse less than 12 v 12

6 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
3,494 posts
23,162 battles

Who would be interested in this? I would accept the disclaimer that the time limit to start a match would be waived.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,675 posts
19,799 battles

Smaller matches only happen when you play too low or too high tier during off hours. You already have an option to avoid that: play mid tiers during off hours.

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
9,828 battles

No.  Hand picking MM, maps, specific ships, etc., makes us all wait more.

Edited by LuckyOtter

[A-I-M]
Members
3,494 posts
23,162 battles

Smaller matches only happen when you play too low or too high tier during off hours. You already have an option to avoid that: play mid tiers during off hours.

​True, and I pay attention to that. But it also happened with 12k players on the server today, and in my recent experience isn't uncommon with a good population number. I would accept the longer wait time to play a full match (or even at least 9 v 9) with tier II or X.

Its a minor kvetch, no biggie, but if it had support I wonder if it would be a big deal to insert into the game, considering that Ranked battles already have unlimited wait times.

Oh, and looking forward to your results on the Tier V matchmaking project. Thanks for undertaking that.

Edited by Pugilistic

Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,822 battles

Teams smaller than 12v12 (usually) only happen when CVs sit in queue longer than 5 minutes.

It's selfish really and akin to pitching a temper tantrum. "I'm going to get my CV game and I don't care who has to suffer for it."

Of course, low-pop games can occur at very low or very high tiers as well; usually very late at night or very early in the morning when player population is down. 

Sign in to follow this