• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

176 posts in this topic

That will be done! In the name of RNG, big Kabooms shall make their way into the code. And the sky in this future update will shatter (along with my gaming chair) when I am blessed with Detonation:izmena:

I like big booms and I cannot lie. I look forward to this.

That will be done! In the name of RNG, big Kabooms shall make their way into the code. And the sky in this future update will shatter (along with my gaming chair) when I am blessed with Detonation:izmena:

If only the mechanic didn't completely suck, lol.

What's funny is when I actually jump when I get detonated.

Well just put detonation flag on your boats, that you get when you detonate 

Was detonated multiple times in my first 5 matches yesterday, running mag mod 1 in each match (all dds). This mechanic is bad

It's a crap mechanic that serves no game function and harms teams unfortunate enough to suffer from them. It is only there to shorten the matches. 

Now that WG is releasing the Kaga and we are going to see more CV games, perhaps they will find the courage to remove that completely unethical garbage mechanic from the game.

But I doubt it.

It's about time this is being added... got detonated in my Kurfust again yesterday with very little fireworks to show for it, lol.

Could you imagine if we had nuclear powered ships in game?  Now that would be a stupendous detonation.  Even better if it blinded half the map for a moment.  I want Bikini Atoll level detonations.

It's a crap mechanic that serves no game function and harms teams unfortunate enough to suffer from them. It is only there to shorten the matches. 

Now that WG is releasing the Kaga and we are going to see more CV games, perhaps they will find the courage to remove that completely unethical garbage mechanic from the game.

But I doubt it.

I think your line of logic there is somewhat flawed...

How can it "only" harm the team that suffers the detonation? Wouldn't it benefit the team that fired upon the ship that just exploded? Take one/Give one? 50/50....  Ship type aside (barring CV's), *insert ship here* can detonate *insert ship here* at *insert Tier here*. Random is indeed Rndaom (purposefully misspelled).

No one likes getting detonated, but the flags are a nice "well, here ya go". Though, I don't seem to recall outrage and disgust in chat when people detonate others, only when they get detonated. But I digress a bit. It is what it is and they've stated many times, it's not going anywhere. I personally don't mind it, it's neither here nor there for me. I don't have any stats to say I've been detonated 1.7% of my 6,800+ matches or anything of the sort as I don't keep track. Though, I do know I rarely get detonated and I get detonated on DD's, CA/CL's and BB's in all Tiers. Does it happen? Yup... Does it happen often? Nope.

Just my opinion though.

How can it "only" harm the team that suffers the detonation? Wouldn't it benefit the team that fired upon the ship that just exploded? Take one/Give one? 50/50....  Ship type aside (barring CV's), *insert ship here* can detonate *insert ship here* at *insert Tier here*. Random is indeed Rndaom (purposefully misspelled).

No one likes getting detonated, but the flags are a nice "well, here ya go". Though, I don't seem to recall outrage and disgust in chat when people detonate others, only when they get detonated. But I digress a bit. It is what it is and they've stated many times, it's not going anywhere. I personally don't mind it, it's neither here nor there for me. I don't have any stats to say I've been detonated 1.7% of my 6,800+ matches or anything of the sort as I don't keep track. Though, I do know I rarely get detonated and I get detonated on DD's, CA/CL's and BB's in all Tiers. Does it happen? Yup... Does it happen often? Nope.

Just my opinion though.

Quite hilariously, I've had my CV detonate a destroyer with its secondaries. I support keeping detonations, even though they only really happen to destroyers. And this is coming from someone whose highest-XP ship is a destroyer. Detonations are such random events and easily prevented with the proper signal flag that they're the least of my concerns.

Could you imagine if we had nuclear powered ships in game?  Now that would be a stupendous detonation.  Even better if it blinded half the map for a moment.  I want Bikini Atoll level detonations.

The Indianapolis carried the first two atomic bombs, welded to the floor of the Admiral's quarters.

The crew was told that if the ship was sinking, THESE go into the lifeboats first.

The core of Fat Man was transported by plane, so it wasn't complete.

However, Little Boy was very volatile and could detonate if struck just the right way.

We only made two bombs like Little Boy.

The second one was disposed of at Bikini Atoll.

I would imagine an 'unlucky' detonation in this case would also detonate any other ship within 4KM, and set every other ship on fire for 15KM.

Edited by AVR_Project

During my maiden voyage in La Galissonniere I was detonated by a single round...100-0 by a single "golden BB".  The only game mechanic more broken than the Matchmaker is the one WG uses for detonations...total [edited]

I blew up a Nuremberg with a HE shell from 6 km away and he was bow no on I fired at her. I'm fine with detonations, but I want a pillar of fire first then the big KABOOM!

Just my opinion though.

Detonations are an anti-skill, anti-fun mechanic. There is no reason to have them in the game as they are. 

Last detonation...  Me in the Lo Yang in January...

In chat:  "Thanks for the Flags !!"

I still want the ability to toggle off causing detonations to opponents, I have yet to enjoy detonating an opponent and fail to see why the only control on them is on the receiving side.  We get flags and modules to increase, reduce, or negate receiving them, why can we not have the same for causing them?

Detonations must stay. If you get a detonation, it's because you just had bad luck on that match. Without detonations, the game would be missing something.

I have a question about the damage when you score a devastating strike on a ship that is 100% and you destroy the ship.  Instead of receiving all the HP the ship had you only get a fraction of it.  Today I destroyed a cruiser at the beginning of the battle.  It was a hail Mary shot at max range and the ship detonated as far as I can tell.  I was the only ship that fired at the target and the only one that scored a hit.  The ship was 100% but of the HP I only received 5700 HP for the damage of a ship that that had about 40k HP.  Shouldn't the player that destroys a ship with a devastating strike receive all the remaining HP unless other ships made hits at the same time your rounds struck?

I'd like to say that along with a detonation visual.. devastating strikes should also get a good visual.... it would make sense! 

I demand when getting detonated, there is a 50% chance a voice says "BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" Honestly, it's the only thing that comes to my mind when i suddenly go up in flames. I just wanna hear somebody say that for fun.

On 6/17/2017 at 6:14 AM, Umikami said:

could we make the explosions ... bigger?

Yes

26 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Yes

YAY!!

YAY!!

YAY!!

YAY!!

(thank you Pigeon)

1 hour ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Yes

I want to see turrets entering orbit. Maybe the odd boiler or turbine set too for a particularly catastrophic one. 

If I'm gonna get RNGesus'd I want to at least have fun doing it.