• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

188 posts in this topic

Lots of players on the forums like to demand that detonations go away. Lots players on the forums would like to see them stay. 

Well, since detonations are not going anywhere anytime soon (though they may get a rather, we'll say large visibility improvement), I have been told I am allowed to reveal how they work, though many figured it out a while ago, it's nice to have more official information. 

So here are the details: 

- Each ship (battleship, destroyer or cruiser) has magazine modules. Each time the module receives damage, detonation chance is calculated. 

- The chance of detonation increases with damage taken to the magazine modules. Magazine modules are similar to other internal modules like engines - it has some protection and can be damaged with direct AP hit or close HE/Torpedo explosion (splash damage). 

- When a magazine loses all of its hit-points, the chance of detonation increases to its maximum value (however, it is still not 100%). The relation between magazine hit-points and explosion chance is set for each ship individually.

Flags and Modules can reduce your detonation chance. Examples include:

- The signal flag Juliet Charlie reduces the chance to 0% in all scenarios.
- The equipment Magazine Mod.1 gives it 0.3 multiplier.

"Visibility Changes"

Hmm...

please be my ship rips apart and a mushroom cloud appears 

That's what I'm hoping for.

*snark activate* I thought they worked like this :trollface: . . .

M031cO7.jpg

Edited by RipNuN2

Wait wait wait, who on earth wants detonations to stay? I want direct quotes in context before I believe that.

But can't you still get detonated with the -100% chance to detonation flag if your not using any of the other Flags that increases your chance to detonate?  I've heard people say they had the flag on while getting nuked.

Wait wait wait, who on earth wants detonations to stay? I want direct quotes in context before I believe that.

i want detonations to stay because they are funny when a nc sailing broadside to a yamato gets free flags :3

Thanks for the official explanation.  

The size of the AoE of splash damage from HE/Torp/Bomb and if it can/how it does pass through objects (such as hull and modules), are those values simply unpublished, or is that data confidential?

You mean like this? 

4l4piMD.jpg

The magazine detonation of Yamato able to be seen nearly a hundred miles away on Kyūshū. (Japan's southern most Island)

I've heard people say they had the flag on while getting nuked.

People have been claiming that and never followed up with proof when asked for, to my knowledge. I'll believe it when I see a replay of it happening.

Considering that every poll (and there have been quite a few) always end up with "keep detonations" winning over "do away with detonations" I'd say that is proof enough.  But if it is a direct quote you want, I for one have said on record in multiple threads that I prefer having detonations.

Considering that every poll (and there have been quite a few) always end up with "keep detonations" winning over "do away with detonations" I'd say that is proof enough.  But if it is a direct quote you want, I for one have said on record in multiple threads that I prefer having detonations.

Y'all are nuts.

Y'all are nuts.

People are nuts for having a different opinion than you?

Why shouldn't detonations stay in game ? it's too arcade as it is

(though they may get a rather, we'll say large visibility improvement)

Oooh, can't wait! :happy_fish:

Hoping to see visuals as dramatic as this (as an option for rigs that can handle it, of course)

People are nuts for having a different opinion than you?

Of course. That's why I said it.

Y'all are nuts.

Why not keep them. At least you get a few flags instead of nothing when you are vaporized by a huge strike and they are rare even without the flag or upgrade.

In larger vessels, I'm taking the anti-detonation module, but DDs and light cruisers get the flags, and the weapons protection module.

Getting a gun knocked out isn't as big a deal on the larger ships due to the long reload times.

On the smaller ones, that's a huge chunk of immediately needed DPS - as you are usually in an intense fire fight when it happens.

As with any problem - learn to deal with it, adapt, and move on.

Why not keep them. At least you get a few flags instead of nothing when you are vaporized by a huge strike and they are rare even without the flag or upgrade.

Why keep them? Then we can get rid of the flags and upgrades and not ever have to worry about taking one random hit and go from full health to zero. They are not "fun and engaging" as WG claims they are. They are just silly.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:48 AM, RedSeaBear said:

ungNIYh.png

It had to be done. 

The difference between mine and the rest:

This originally started as a Explanation Thread. Though I will say going forward, I would like to keep it that way. If it begins to turn into one of those opinion threads, posts will start disappearing.