Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

too many DDs is not fun either

21 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

high tiers recently has just been infested with way too many DDs

played 3 games in udaloi, nothing less than 5 DDs on each game

2 games with 5 DDs on each side, another one with 5 dds vs 6 DDs!!!!! thats just insane!!!

anyone dares pushing into cap gets cross torped to death!!

the torp soup is literally impossible to avoid!

high tier DDs are way too OP and needs a serious nerf mostly the Fletcher and Gearing, among other DDS

edit:  OH AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HIGH TIER BASTION MODES WHERE ONE TEAM GETS 4 USN DDS VS 3 IJN DDS. 

I THOUGHT THIS crapWAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by behindurback

Members
1,819 posts

The problem isnt DD's its cruisers.

Cruisers are bad, pushing players into BB's which is turn pushes other players into DD's to counter the BB's. Which in turn pushes players into DD's to counter the DD's. This is all because cruisers arent fun or rewarding to play for 95% of the market.

Edited by Kconvey_1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

I agreed with the first part and then the post just turned into really promising bait.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Damn, you have to have variety in how you approach situations based on what the matchup is like? How stupid.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,612 battles

In those matches where MM matches one of the enemy's DD for a lower tier cruiser on your team, who has the advantage?

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

I agreed with the first part and then the post just turned into really promising bait.

again how is it a bait,

why are there so many high tier DDs at the moment?  is it not due to the extremely powerful stealth they have, and the mobility and the ultra powerful torps that can just wreck any ship while remain unspotted??

particularlly the USN tier 9 and 10 DDs have stealth, have good guns in a close range brawl, have really really good torps

if they are not OP they why is that high tier is world of DDs right now

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

My biggest issue with a lot of DDs in a game, while playing a battleship--especially a slow US battleship, is that the DDs eat all the food before I can even get into position to shoot at anything.

Members
1,819 posts

again how is it a bait,

why are there so many high tier DDs at the moment?  is it not due to the extremely powerful stealth they have, and the mobility and the ultra powerful torps that can just wreck any ship while remain unspotted??

particularlly the USN tier 9 and 10 DDs have stealth, have good guns in a close range brawl, have really really good torps

if they are not OP they why is that high tier is world of DDs right now

The reason there are so many high tier DD's is because there are so many battleships, the reason there is so many battleships is because cruiser captains are walking the plank and quitting them.

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

Damn, you have to have variety in how you approach situations based on what the matchup is like? How stupid.

what variety, the only variety there is is whether theres more fletchers or more gearings

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

I would like to know, just out of curiosity, and because OP didn't mention it or provide a screenshot, how many BB's were on each team in these games?

( inquiring minds wish to know ! )

I'd also like to know why the 5 or 6 DD's on OP's team didn't counter the 5 or 6 red DD's.

When there are 5 or 6 BB's on one team, and I lose, I don't blame all BB's.

( just the ones on my team who didn't do crap)

people shouldn't let their lives be ruled by fear and hate

Edited by Umikami

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

*Plays a DD*

*Complains about too many people playing DDs*

seems legit.

This part actually is legit and not self-contradictory.

Imagine a hypothetical MMO in which the Paladin class is massively overpowered. Further imagine players whining about too many Paladins in the game while playing the class themselves because everything else sucks. Obviously this is not a direct analogy, but logically speaking he's not making a contradictory statement.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

This part actually is legit and not self-contradictory.

Imagine a hypothetical MMO in which the Paladin class is massively overpowered. Further imagine players whining about too many Paladins in the game while playing the class themselves because everything else sucks. Obviously this is not a direct analogy, but logically speaking he's not making a contradictory statement.

Not exactly what the OP is saying though, he's saying that many DDs make a match unfun, not saying that DDs are OP individually, he also never says that the Udaloi is OP (the ship OP is playing), but rather the Fletcher and Gearing are OP. I do see how your point is correct, but IMO it's not 100% applicable in this scenario.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,378 posts
14,206 battles

Nice bait. :popcorn:

As DD main, I find this to be hogwash

An Udaloi or Khabarovsk captain who's even slightly competent will tear a Fletcher or Gearing to shreds

Edited by BlueMistPvP

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

Damn, you have to have variety in how you approach situations based on what the matchup is like?

That's crazy talk! Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! :trollface:

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Nice bait. :popcorn:

As DD main, I find this to be hogwash

An Udaloi or Khabarovsk captain who's even slightly competent will tear a Fletcher or Gearing to shreds

Pretty much just stay outside of 10km lol.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,378 posts
14,206 battles

Pretty much just stay outside of 10km lol.

Not even. About 8km will do:izmena:

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

I would like to know, just out of curiosity, and because OP didn't mention it or provide a screenshot, how many BB's were on each team in these games?

( inquiring minds wish to know ! )

I'd also like to know why the 5 or 6 DD's on OP's team didn't counter the 5 or 6 red DD's.

When there are 5 or 6 BB's on one team, and I lose, I don't blame all BB's.

( just the ones on my team who didn't do crap)

people shouldn't let their lives be ruled by fear and hate

surprisingly there were only 2 BBs on each side for the most part, not more than 3 

and yes for the whole game they were sitting in the back sniping, and with that many DDs with super long range torps i really dont blame them

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

Not exactly what the OP is saying though, he's saying that many DDs make a match unfun, not saying that DDs are OP individually, he also never says that the Udaloi is OP (the ship OP is playing), but rather the Fletcher and Gearing are OP. I do see how your point is correct, but IMO it's not 100% applicable in this scenario.

bc ppl once said if you cant beat them join them

The over abundance of DDs needs to be fixed at high tier, but at the mean time i am gonna play DDs cuz they are just so good at the moment

what is the point of playing other ships and torturing myself, aka Cruisers?

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

Talks about other DDs being OP and needing nerfs, yet drives one of the two most OP DDs in the game. Yeah, seems legit...

cant beat them join them right?

Sign in to follow this