Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Crap_Shoot

Tip: Which Graf Spee task to repeat

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
422 posts
6,659 battles

So we get 2 tasks worth single pins, and need 3 to go to the next stage.  So, we have to repeat one of them. Which one?  Simple.

Repeat Task 1 ("After Modifiers")!

WG has been handing out premium camo and signal flags like candy the last few weeks.  You probably have a massive stockpile. Type 6 (or equivalent) camo and ESCL signals will net you 2.5x times normal XP rates.  And that's not even with premium time.  You can easily get about halfway through repeating task 1 before you accumulate enough base XP to complete Task 2 once.

And you might as well throw free/captain XP modifiers on (NY camo won't be as useful here) and you can pull some crazy progress during this event.

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
173 posts
11,842 battles

I repeat both just in case I can finish one over the other.  After that I just cancel the remaining task.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I repeat both just in case I can finish one over the other.  After that I just cancel the remaining task.

but generally you should finish the modifier inclusive task before you finish the base exp task. 

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,979 battles

i finished both about the same time.  but id expect the modified one is a little easier.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,638 battles

Yea. With my Gearing and T10 camo/flags I finish task 1 twice by the time I get task 2 finished once.

Members
7 posts
702 battles

I got news for you, there is a third task, it does not appear until you complete the first 2.  Then task is to play a game on the 28th of December, which has past, don't get the keys they want you to buy the ship.

[SYN]
Members
336 posts
16,541 battles

Repeat which ever one you finish first?

This seems so obvious, yet these threads keep popping up.  I don't get it.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

I ran both and just took the one that completed first for the 3rd star.

^^^

Members
1,684 posts
20,008 battles

The 500k credits one. At two pins each I only need 3 games in my Missouri. I use gamescon camo because I need the credits and usually get 1 million gross per match.

I really dislike the t8 upwards BB meta because torpedo soup ruins it. But the credits have been great.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,675 battles

I got news for you, there is a third task, it does not appear until you complete the first 2.  Then task is to play a game on the 28th of December, which has past, don't get the keys they want you to buy the ship.

You are so incorrect it hurts, though to be honest there are many confused players on this issue.  I think WG assumed everyone would have already figured out how campaigns work before the Graf Spee campaign went live.

When you complete the first two tasks, you still have to complete one of those two tasks a second time in order to get the third 'pin' and unlock the 'final task'.  It sounds like you understand this part well enough, but lots of people haven't gotten the memo yet.  This task is to play a game, and it can't be done *before* the date listed on the final task.  It *can* be done at any time after - it is not *only* on that day. 

This is done to "time-gate" the missions so that you can't get the ship in a week or something, which gives an advantage to those folks who ponied up the cash to buy Graf Spee earlier.  Pay big bucks to get her on the first day and you have a month-ish to do the other campaign that rewards the tech tree Tier VI ships and the "special" perma-camos.  Or earn the ship for free, and only have a week or so to work on the other campaign. I know which one I'm doing...

Sign in to follow this