You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Is this a reportable offense?

56 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I was just playing with my Tirpitz and when the enemy had only a Bismarck BB left, a Cleveland CL which was in the same team with me and the player driving it knowingly ran into my torps and he was using chat to openly admit that he was going to protect the enemy's Bismarck BB from being sunk by torpedo, is this a reportable offense?

Edited by Mr_Alex

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

So, a friendly cruiser ran into your torps to protect a hostile Bismarck?  Or a hostile cruiser shielded a hostile Bismarck from your torps?

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

depend what team he was on. If he was on your team, you can report him for physic abuse

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I was just playing with my Tirpitz and when the enemy had only a Bismarck BB left, a Cleveland CL and the player driving it knowingly ran into my torps and he was using chat to openly admit that he was going to protect the enemy's Bismarck BB from being sunk by torpedo, is this a reportable offense?

English? You mean a team mate ran in front to protect the enemy? Then yes, it might be actionable...But that's assuming that WG actually enforces it's rules....:trollface:
Edited by awiggin

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

...No?

I would body check torps for my teammates too in that situation.

Guess that's what they call "teamplay" and "tactics"

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,147 battles

If the enemy cleveland bodied your torps then no, no it's not and you're a sour bastard. If it was a friendly however then yes, yes it is. 

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

depend what team he was on. If he was on your team, you can report him for physic abuse

The person was in my team, he openly admitted that he was going to intentional run into my torp run and protect the enemy's Bismarck via chat

Beta Testers
803 posts
5,058 battles

wut? was it a enemy or teammate that rook the torps? If it was a enemy then no he didn't do anything wrong. If it was someone on your team then yeah report him, doubt anything will happen though.

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

...No?

I would body check torps for my teammates too in that situation.

Guess that's what they call "teamplay" and "tactics"

I agree, if the enemy Cleveland shielded the enemy Bismarck, then that is fine. Who won the game? Did taking the torps make it closer?

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

The person was in my team, he openly admitted that he was going to intentional run into my torp run and protect the enemy's Bismarck via chat

Oh so a green Cleveland took torps on purpose to protect a red Bismarck? Report him

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Report him and send in the replay.  It probably won't make a difference if it's a one off, but somebody this clever probably has done this before...

The dingbats are out this week, I had a friendly Scharnhorst shoot me at point blank range in my Shiratsuyu for some reason last night and another teammate (in a Scharnhorst) fire torps in my direction at the same time last night.  The second guy swore he didn't mean to fire at me, but given his torp range and the fact that the enemy team had nobody within 10km at the time it's pretty hard to tell the difference between awful and griefing, but your new friend doesn't appear to be quite so subtle!

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Should've kindly asked your whole team to report that Cleveland. If that indeed cost you the match, I'm sure they'd be upset over foregoing the 50% bonus for winning. Selfish imbeciles such as those should just stick to Co-Op.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

This kind of behavior has been growing with the server population. You'd almost think WG was advertising on the Disney channel. :unsure:

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Should've kindly asked your whole team to report that Cleveland. If that indeed cost you the match, I'm sure they'd be upset over foregoing the 50% bonus for winning. Selfish imbeciles such as those should just stick to Co-Op.

Correction:  Selfish imbeciles like that should stick to crappy Facebook games.  We don't want them in Co-op, either!
  • Cool 3

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

If it was a friendly Cleveland that blocked the torps, that was a prick move.  But why bother reporting him?  Just move on.  We really do spend too much time trying to force others to behave the way we want them to.

• Cool 1

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

If it was a friendly Cleveland that blocked the torps, that was a prick move.  But why bother reporting him?  Just move on.  We really do spend too much time trying to force others to behave the way we want them to.

Well, it depends. If it was just out of spite, or bliss ignorance, no need to report him. However, if he says out loud that he actively did it to "save" the red team's ship from getting torped, then yes, that is reportable and that guy should get banned.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I doubt it being intentional, so not sure why it would be report worthy.

Read?

" he was using chat to openly admit that he was going to protect the enemy's Bismarck BB from being sunk by torpedo"

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,578 battles

This is the only time I have ever said this.... report that [edited] 

Beta Testers
237 posts
12,560 battles

If he was able to run into your torps then you fired them from the wrong side, so the fault is with you.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I doubt it being intentional, so not sure why it would be report worthy.

If the friendly Cleveland stated so, then why do you doubt it?