Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Discussion - Breaking out of Slumps

21 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,466 battles

You do have a point.

We all have slumps. I take a walk, or play a game of Go, or go to a lower tier, or even to Coop to wreck stuff without a care, then back to the fray.

Edited by alexf24

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

tier one coop most relaxing carefree thing in the game just pure pew pew bliss

Honestly if you are in a slump or feeling a little brunt out give it a try 

Edited by Triela50

[SALVO]
Members
16,497 posts
10,221 battles

tier one coop most relaxing carefree thing in the game just pure pew pew bliss

Honestly if you are in a slump or feeling a little brunt out give it a try 

Do you know how sad it is if you loose a coop match while in a slump?

haven't tried tier 1 though.

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

Just play a few Nikolai games. Its a sure way to turn a losing streak around.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

Do you know how sad it is if you loose a coop match while in a slump?

haven't tried tier 1 though.

if you loose a tier one coop match honestly just uninstall this is not the game for you.

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

I switch over to World of WarPlanes.  There's nothing like getting shot down in the first 10 seconds of battle to remind me how much I love playing Ships.

Members
1,228 posts
6,330 battles

I'll take a break, play another game, or play some low tier. Bog, St. Lo, Sveitlana, Konig Albert things like that.

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

So what do you do to break out of slumps?  

I take a break, do some stuff on my IPad, watch some YouTube videos, and try to figure out where I went wrong. I've found it works quite well. For example, when I first got my North Carolina, I couldn't get the hang of her. I couldn't aim properly, I was rushing forward and getting focused down like an animal, I simply couldn't win. I got angrier than I've ever been at this game. I even nearly broke the door to my room by slamming it shut really hard. However, once I calmed down by stepping away from my computer, I figured out what I needed to do to aim better and that I needed to be more cautious in the NC than I was in the Colorado. It worked, and now I'm consistently having 90-100k damage games in my NC and I'm staying alive a lot more. In short, a brief period of venting followed by a longer period of calming down and reflection on what you can do better is what I've found works best.

P.S. Zoup, I've found something that, knowing where your name comes from, you'll quite like. A picture and explanation of what I'm referring to can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108889-i-think-wg-might-be-seinfeld-fans/page__p__2660978#entry2660978

Edited by 1Sherman

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I don't have slumps...

shot-16.12.26_17.17.36-0290_zpsz5lns3la.

Just bad teams. :P

No citadel hits. I take it you're an HE spammer then?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I just go play another game 

Same. Usually War Thunder, Overwatch, or DOOM.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

Just play a few Nikolai games. Its a sure way to turn a losing streak around.

Sadly that requires ownership of it and I am not going to spend hundreds of dollars buying gifts for myself to get one.

[FROGS]
[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
2,016 battles

Take a week or two away from the game.

It seems that the more I care about winning the less it happens. IDGAF attitude produces more wins for me.:tea_cap:

Members
1,695 posts
8,942 battles

Take a week or two away from the game.

It seems that the more I care about winning the less it happens. IDGAF attitude produces more wins for me.:tea_cap:

usually have my best games when I don't care.

Members
1,695 posts
8,942 battles

I take a break, do some stuff on my IPad, watch some YouTube videos, and try to figure out where I went wrong. I've found it works quite well. For example, when I first got my North Carolina, I couldn't get the hang of her. I couldn't aim properly, I was rushing forward and getting focused down like an animal, I simply couldn't win. I got angrier than I've ever been at this game. I even nearly broke the door to my room by slamming it shut really hard. However, once I calmed down by stepping away from my computer, I figured out what I needed to do to aim better and that I needed to be more cautious in the NC than I was in the Colorado. It worked, and now I'm consistently having 90-100k damage games in my NC and I'm staying alive a lot more. In short, a brief period of venting followed by a longer period of calming down and reflection on what you can do better is what I've found works best.

P.S. Zoup, I've found something that, knowing where your name comes from, you'll quite like. A picture and explanation of what I'm referring to can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108889-i-think-wg-might-be-seinfeld-fans/page__p__2660978#entry2660978

much appreciated!  Thanks for the read!

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

be silly and play the Krispy Kream and spam "FEAR THE MIGHTY DOUGHNUT OF DOOM" just for giggles 

Sign in to follow this