You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skeem689

Why does Belfast have the Concealment Module?

55 comments in this topic

[KIA]
Members
1,856 posts
7,765 battles

Really? I don't think Belfast needs it, plus it's a module for T8s only. 

Why is this a thing? It's a pretty silly idea considering how Belfast is already strong and giving the module could help other ships (i.e., Pensacola) instead. 

Edited by Skeem689

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Because reasons.

I think it's mainly because without a heal, Belfast needs as much concealment as possible to stay alive. She's a good ship, but without it, I think she would be less good for sure.

Edited by SergeantHop
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Edinburgh, its sister ship, is T8, that's why.

[KIA]
Members
1,856 posts
7,765 battles

Because reasons.

I think it's mainly because without a heal, Belfast needs as much concealment as possible to stay alive. She's a good ship, but without it, I think she would be less good for sure.

With Smoke, Sonar, Radar, and a base concealment of 11km (10.7 with the camo) I think she has more than enough to tools to survive. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,887 battles

1) Give T7 preferential matchmaking

2) Release very strong T7 premium ships

3) Profit!

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

With Smoke, Sonar, Radar, and a base concealment of 11km (10.7 with the camo) I think she has more than enough to tools to survive. 

Radar isn't really a survival tool. Hydro can be if you're parked in that smoke to an extent. But, without a heal, defensive fire, or some way to hide while the smoke is gone or on cooldown, she'd be in a bad way. Perth has similar issues. The ship itself is fine, with a neat gimmick, but without a heal and without even that little bit of extra concealment, it's not doing well. Sure, no radar either, but having the catapult fighter does a similar job to an extent.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Because reasons.

then why not just lower her concealment.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

I'd rather they gave Belfast  Propulsion Mod 2 for quick getaways from torps aimed at your smoke instead of concealment.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

I think she has the module for a couple reasons. The first one is she is kind of squishy as has been said, and needs it to help survive.

The second one is that it gives her a unique feature as a premium which makes her more attractive to buy. If she was just the sister ship of the Edinburgh no one would buy her.

As far as the HE, that is just a hold over from before they finished balancing the UK ships, because what she does not have is the British AP (the SAP shells) all the other CL cruisers have in the line. She has normal AP shells, and without HE she would struggle. This is what the UK ships were like to start

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,046 battles

Better question, why is Belfast allowed to be overpowered? They will just sweep it under the rug like they did with some other premiums, and hope people forget after they just disappear from the store and the developers stop talking about them.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Better question, why is Belfast allowed to be overpowered? They will just sweep it under the rug like they did with some other premiums, and hope people forget after they just disappear from the store and the developers stop talking about them.

In all fairness, she does have a reasonably high skill ceiling, it's not Nikolai. You need to understand how she plays before you start getting any reasonable results.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

It's OP in skilled hands, but it also dies really quickly if you mess up.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,069 posts
30,849 battles

Actually, The fiji performs better than belfast in statistics, it is not overpowered for everyone.

Without torpedoes, positioning is more important for Belfast.  Fiji even camped out in smoke has the insurance of torpedo launchers when someone wants to rush her smoke.  Belfast doesn't have that "sawn-off shotgun" for such a case, so the user must read when and where is a good time to smoke up.
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Belfast is unique and i like it

You consider her OP? so just buy her. 

If it ever goes on sale again...

I don't really think it will.

Actually, The fiji performs better than belfast in statistics, it is not overpowered for everyone.

Where Belfast just excels at, is killing DDs.

It's also good at burning ships down, but it has no torps, which proves to be problematic at times.

I think there are a fair number of average players that quit RNCL long before reaching Fiji, which keeps its stats inflated compared to Belfast.

[SOFW]
Members
1,445 posts
7,897 battles

I'd rather they gave Belfast  Propulsion Mod 2 for quick getaways from torps aimed at your smoke instead of concealment.

British CL's have PM2 built into their stock performance, one of the many gimmicks they resorted to to cover up how badly they overtiered the hulls.

Matt

Members
3,014 posts

I run Belfast and she has become my goto boat.  But a concealment module?  I'm not aware of any concealment module- albeit I don't put alot of investing into any concealment perks across my fleet save a couple of destroyers.  I've found it better to just add another level 4 skill to the co.