Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Wows Offline client (what if?)

10 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

There was a recent thread about Wows offline mode as a joke for battleship board game and it got me thinking

what if Wows really did make a offline client? So here is My idea for a offline Wows client

1. Make Wows a offline version that can be bought with money as a download (maybe a one time buy of 15$?. the only reason why I said it should cost money, because making a new version of the game that cost money and WG time to make. it should be fair of they get something in return.) Then WG update the offline client 2 months after Wows live client get their update for new ships (this will give WG time to rewrite the codes for these new ships and transfer it to offline client).

2. Have the offline game completely PvE only(this will save a lot of gigabytes when you don't need the multiplayer files) 

3. The bots are automatically generated by the game, not the server. Do not use the same bot coding from the live client, make a new one for offline mode.

4. Completely rewrite the game codes/files for Wows offline version. (to avoid new hacks from appearing on the live server)

5. Make the maps 10 times bigger and 10 times the enemy, since the game won't be using the server. So therefore a much bigger battle can happen. 100 vs 100 mode. Have a time limit an no time limit option. I can see myself playing on a 400km map with no time limit.

6. Add a new PvE mode for Offline client only.

Quick idea of my PvE mode.

a. Time limit of 90 mins to complete the mode or all enemy is destroyed (you can have the option to have no time limit till mode is

complete)

b. Allow respawn of 30 second to nearby objective islands or location(no more then 20km away, most battleships can handle that

gun range)

c. The enemy will attack in waves of 10-15 enemy each. 100 enemy total. Your bot team will have the same (- your ship). let say the

enemy attack in wave of 10 ships, you get 9 bots to help you fight.

d. Once you successfully defend/destroyed the objective, the game will give you a new objective to defend/attack. The bots will start

moving toward to the new objective. (Total 5 objective)

e. The Exp earned in the offline client is 10x then Wows due to possible longer matches. 3k exp become 30k exp

f. your objectives will have huge amount Hp of 300-500k and can be light on fire. Ap shells does twice the damage to objectives

then enemy ships.

Defenses mode

1. You get a objective of an area/object/building you need to defend on the world map(gonna to call it the world map, since it gonna   

to use 300+ km maps) example: defend the Airstrips on Midway island

2. Once you successfully defended the objective, the game will give you a new objective to defend. The bots will start moving  
            toward to the new objective. (Total 5 objective)

3. one of the objective random objective can be, "Stop the enemy convoy before the reach their target)

Attack mode

1. The bots will be defend their shores/islands from the invaders. They will not attack till you get within range of their   

guns.

2. They will be set up near the objective as a defensive shield or naval blockage. You must destroy the some(assuming you can

break through their defensive) or all the ships to get to your objective.

3. There could be a objective, where you can attack a retreating convoy (they will be slow, 20knots) before they get to their escape 

route. Or defend your Attacking Convoy fleet to their target.

just a few random ideas that came to mind and thought it would be cool to have

thoughts?

• Cool 5

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

I just wish that we could have a base for modders to really take off on in terms of adding new vessels and tweaking every aspect of the game. Give them full access to the files to work with.

Make a separate version where people could host dedicated mod servers (independent from progress in the actual game) that let you do cool stuff, like how mods work for CoH and CoH2.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

I'd love it.  Jsut have it as training modes and stuff.  a PVE version, and aim practice.  itd be a lot of fun.  if its easy to hack, then no rewards.  But if not, you could even get coop levels of exp and stuff for it. 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I'd love it.  Jsut have it as training modes and stuff.  a PVE version, and aim practice.  itd be a lot of fun.  if its easy to hack, then no rewards.  But if not, you could even get coop levels of exp and stuff for it. 

my other idea is to make all premium and gift ships available on the offline version(unlockable from missions). Even the famous kitakami from closed beta

Members
5,450 posts
21,054 battles

There was a recent thread about Wows offline mode as a joke for battleship board game and it got me thinking.

Hey I resemble that remark. 

The Sinksalot Fleet spreading fires, floods and laughter. 

Even starting thoughtful discussions. 

:D

Members
665 posts
5,459 battles

Excellent idea, but I somehow doubt it would be implemented due to the potential negative effect on the population online.

But on the flip side it may attract more players, some of whom would eventually venture into online play.....bit of a catch 22.

The idea of full modding would be great though, am surprised there is not more options for this.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I don't see WG making an offline client.. they get nothing in return.

I just wish that we could have a base for modders to really take off on in terms of adding new vessels and tweaking every aspect of the game. Give them full access to the files to work with.

Make a separate version where people could host dedicated mod servers (independent from progress in the actual game) that let you do cool stuff, like how mods work for CoH and CoH2.

WG has very detailed assets... it would be a shame if those were stolen.

Edited by DarthDoge

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

I don't see WG making an offline client.. they get nothing in return.

WG has very detailed assets... it would be a shame if those were stolen.

what if they made it so you can only progress online? :hiding:

Sign in to follow this