Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zhadum101

KM DD line... WG what were you thinking?

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

So I am now up to T6 in the KM DD line.

Guns

Reload is quick.

Rotation is quick and it goes over 360 which is nice

Range is not good at all, it only becomes tolerable when you get AFT

Torpo's

Has the least torps at most tiers

Range is on the short end

Speed gets better and better

Armor

These KM ships for some reason like to take full pen damage all the time from cruiser or BB fire.  If a single BB shell (one shell in the entire volley) hits you prepare to lose 30-40% of your life. Basically do NOT get hit by a BB and don't roll RNG against BB dispersion, you will lose way more often than you win.  Also a CA/CL will wreck you quick as well, with higher than normal damage (as compared to other DD).

***Basically just don't be seen by anything but a DD or your dead quick.

Speed and Maneuverability

These ships have very sorry turning and maneuverability. They handle rather poorly.  Long range fire and dodge is only viable at 11Km range and only against a BB.  Against a CA/CL you will lose this.  Also against a BB it is only viable against one at a time.  Make it 2 BB and one will get lucky and hit you and that's it your dead.

Stealth

Basically USN and IJN are better, only Russian are worse

Smoke is TERRIBLY SHORT

Detection while firing the the worst in the game.  The penalty on this is absolutely punitive.

Summary

Use guns against BB at long range when they are the only target that can shoot at you.  Your HE sucks so expect to do CRAP damage.

Use guns on DD at any range when they are the ONLY target that can shoot at you.  <-this is basically all your good for.

Don't count on smoke for anything but a retreat it sucks.

If two ships can shoot at you NEVER FIRE AND RUN AWAY AND SMOKE UP.

Expect to have super low damage every game.  

Don't cap in domination because your stealth is bad.

Would I recommend this line?

It is COMPLETE CRAP compared to all the other DD lines.  DO NOT BOTHER WITH IT.

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
11,099 battles

Detection while firing the the worst in the game.  The penalty on this is absolutely punitive.

there removing invisifire expect this

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

I have heard that they are doing this.....  I don't understand why?

Why would the class with LOWEST DAMAGE and LOWEST SURVIVAL RATE need more nerfs?

[STEC]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
6,122 battles

What were they thinking?

"Is german so make it bad"

I would think it's more along the lines of "If these are better than the USN DDs, we'll never hear the end of it from the NA server."

As others have stated, this is the first step WG is taking in reducing the presence of stealth-firing in the game.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

T8+ are very workable. Just have to find the playstyle that fits them, because playing them like any other DD won't work. But get used to no invisfire, because it won't be here for long. And they're getting rid of it for all classes, not just DDs. Zao will lose the ability to sneak up as well. But the devs said that all ships that need invisifiring to be competitive will be buffed in other ways to keep them competitive.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

They nerfed them right before release without any further testing, shouldn't be a surprise that they aren't all that...

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

Personally, I left this line alone at T4. I didn't even bother purchasing the T5.  Too much work as opposed to everything else.

I'm leery about the whole stealth firing issue. A number of premiums can do it and the thought is WG wouldn't nerf them.

Ive been wondering why they decided to make the Gremyashchy available at Christmas with a higher % chance of attaining one. If they were going to nerf across the board I guess it would make sense from a money standpoint to get it out before its nerfed.

• Cool 1

Members
195 posts
786 battles

These KM ships for some reason like to take full pen damage all the time from cruiser or BB fire.  

Well, the KM DDs are rather fat so I wouldn't be surprised with the pens.

[RLGN]
Members
19,165 posts
35,200 battles

As insane and lunatic as it is, my best games today in V-101 have been suicide close; where the scrum was so bad you were just as likely to run over or torp an ally as an enemy.

Yes, a BBs secondaries can give you hell, but I'm running an anti-detonation signal and haven't had much trouble, and when you're that close a BBs main guns can't (normally) track you. I passed so close to a Nassau in one battle the crews could have jumped between the ships with a good running start, really surprised we didn't collide with each other actually...

I've also had lots of practice using terrain to mask my approach, so it's not as if I'm running across open water begging to be blown up,

Still not a huge fan of the German DDs; I think the forward torp launch guides are distracting; but they are growing on me.

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Why would the class with LOWEST DAMAGE and LOWEST SURVIVAL RATE need more nerfs?

BBers were whining about invisifire.  

Sums it up....

BB's have had CV's nerfed into the ground, now they are taking the hammer to DD's. Give it about a year and it will be world of 20km BB battles

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

What were they thinking?

"Is german so make it bad"

Well, German BBs are the strongest in the game up to T9-T10. So not true.

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Because the game is designed to pander to the mongoloid masses, and those masses want World of Battleships.
Edited by RevolutionBlues

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I don't know what they were thinking. What I do know is that I should be careful what I wish for. This line is the closest we have to my pipe dream, a universal jack of all trades, and yet it's also unbearably underpowered from my experience of encountering them so far. I suppose the right recipe for a powerful line is not only to be universally capable to some extent but also very importantly to have an exploitable go-to advantage. These ships have none that I can see. Although they are not bad at anything, they're also good at nothing other than perhaps being a torpedo boat and those are rarely fun to play outside of low tiers.

I expect some buffs as soon as next patch.

[MAR_U]
Members
667 posts
8,117 battles

Still not a huge fan of the German DDs; I think the forward torp launch guides are distracting; but they are growing on me.

Those aren't on the rest of the line after tier 4, so starting with the T-22 you have the conventional mid ship setup for torp racks.

Beta Testers
460 posts

The problem is they basically designed these ships to take advantage of invisifire, then nerfed them and released them with no further changes.

If they really were planning on removing invisifiring this whole time then they should have seriously re-considered the balance of these new German destroyers before launch. Unfortunately incompetence like this is the norm for WG most of the time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

Well, I think they might be removing invisifire.

What were they thinking?

BBers were whining about invisifire.  

It isn't just the BB players, there is effectively no defense against it if the firing ship has a good sized buffer to invisifire. What should be done is for the detection range to increase with every shot/volley so that eventually the firing ship will be detected if they don't go silent for extended periods.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
460 posts

there is effectively no defense against it if the firing ship has a good sized buffer to invisifire

Well we could just make CVs more viable and fun to play again. If every match had a CV in it and the importance/reward of scouting was increased then that would naturally provide a counterplay to invisifiring and wouldn't require completely removing it from the game. They could even increase the air detection range when shooting to make this more effective as well (without changing the sea detection range).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

Well we could just make CVs more viable and fun to play again. If every match had a CV in it and the importance/reward of scouting was increased then that would naturally provide a counterplay to invisifiring and wouldn't require completely removing it from the game. They could even increase the air detection range when shooting to make this more effective as well (without changing the sea detection range).

I don't disagree, with each change to CV's they have pushed the average players farther and farther away. They need to make it accessible to those that are not iChase's and I don't think the UI change will be enough.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,672 battles

They WANT to remove invisifire. The question is CAN they? The KM DD line shows quite clearly that just removing invisifire is simply not an option.

Stealth matters, even to VMF DDs. A VMF DD that closes in with an isolated ship and finishes them off will usually be able to disappear once the enemy ship is dead. If a VMF DD is getting focused, many can simply turn away and open the range a bit to disappear.

Many DDs will need significant buffs to survive the removing of invisifire.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

It isn't just the BB players, there is effectively no defense against it if the firing ship has a good sized buffer to invisifire. What should be done is for the detection range to increase with every shot/volley so that eventually the firing ship will be detected if they don't go silent for extended periods.

I agree with the whole invisifire thing, but to make a major change to a class right before release and do no further testing?

Seems obvious the WG is desperate to get more lines out, but don't seem to have the manpower to do it properly,,,:unsure:

Sign in to follow this