Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mulletproof

Post Mortem this game

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

It's always the ones you want to record, but I'll try and keep the telling as unbiased as possible.

Map- Okinawa

Ship- Kagero, Full stealth build.

Dispersion- Fleets sits mostly abreast BC. A is the long island isolating it from the other points.

I'm closest to A. and there are DDs that are closer to B/C. I literally say in chat that I'm yoloing A since there are no CVs in game. I also say DO NOT SUPPORT. If A goes bad, it can be a meat grinder and I have the stealth to hopefully get out. Likewise, I assume the rest of the fleet can handle CB and push A later. Just as I get there, the point is being taken by red and I was about to cut and run when I see three allies- two CAs and a BB following. With about half the red team is now visible on their side of A. :(

I'm not eager to get into a gunfight with the American DD there or within LOS of so many red, so I stay dark and work on area denial via torpedoes. Our BB pushes and the ARP Takao skirmishes. I think the remaining CA turned back or got killed. Within LOS of so many enemy ships, the BB gets put down before I can get into position to smoke him, leaving the Takao as the lone survivor. meanwhile BC is a mess. The team can't seem to push, but I'm really not paying attention. I abandon A and move to help extract the Takao, smoking him on the boarder with just under half health left while about three ships and the DD push through. I kill one with a torp spread but even under smoke, the Takao can't seem to angle out and even blind firing is enough to bracket him and kill him.

Now I'm way out of position and my team is dropping like flies for some reason. They can't seem to hold at B and now I'm being stalked by a Mahan. Did I mention my healthy respect for American rifles? I stay purpindicular to the capture points and send enough spreads down range to get him to finally to f*ck off and turn into B. By this point I have a few vocal shipmates [edited]about how I need to capture points and spend too much on the edge of the map. This is true, but not quite in the lazy incompetent manner being supposed. I pick the closest allied BB to me under fire and smoke him, hoping to rally him and support the last remaining ship on the cap. At this point, I start kicking [edited]and taking names. The DD pops back up with only about half health and roll for initiative, taking him down with a few gun salvos. Our CA on the cap dies, but I put more torpedoes into another victim. Unfortunately, the BB I'm hiding behind as it was so eloquently put dies as well. I'm on my own. I put a Der Grober out of action for kill number four, leaving an Amagi at full health as the lone survivor as we pass the 60 second mark. I'm only close enough for gun and he's camping the checkpoint. No way was I going to kill without more time.

Time reaches zero, but I did receive helpful, if high in sodium content advice. I should uninstall the game. Should have taken capture points. Etc. Seriously.

About the only thing I could think to have done differently was to play selfishly and let the initial BB and CA hang for having followed me to A. That's what put me out of position, but I would like to think that THREE QUARTERS OF OUR FLEET should have been enough to put up a decent fight at B. The BB I smoked in the end was the only ship to receive more than one kill. I shouldn't have to be responsible for killing a quarter of the enemy fleet by myself.

Yeah, I'm here because I'm feeling defensive, i guess.

And the screens--

shot-16.12.26_14.13.39-0411.jpg

shot-16.12.26_14.18.19-0049.jpg

shot-16.12.26_14.13.52-0682.jpg

• Cool 1

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

So, another "No teamwork" thread, then? I feel your pain, but pretty much anyone has figured out that it's Potato Tiem, added to the existing lack of communication and teamwork. I'm not knocking you, I'm just stating the facts. I'm sick of getting destroyed for trying to provide teamwork, I prefer ranked battles, there's teamwork there.

*Also: One cannot simply "fix stoopid."

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon

[-KIA-]
Members
823 posts
12,434 battles

It's always the ones you want to record, but I'll try and keep the telling as unbiased as possible.

Map- Okinawa

Dispersion- Fleets sits mostly abreast BC. A is the long island isolating it from the other points.

I'm closest to A. and there are DDs that are closer to B/C. I literally say in chat that I'm yoloing A since there are no CVs in game. I also say DO NOT SUPPORT. If A goes bad, it can be a meat grinder and I have the stealth to hopefully get out. Likewise, I assume the rest of the fleet can handle CB and push A later. Just as I get there, the point is being taken by red and I was about to cut and run when I see three allies- two CAs and a BB following. With about half the red team is now visible on their side of A. :(

I'm not eager to get into a gunfight with the American DD there or within LOS of so many red, so I stay dark and work on area denial via torpedoes. Our BB pushes and the ARP Takao skirmishes. I think the remaining CA turned back or got killed. Within LOS of so many enemy ships, the BB gets put down before I can get into position to smoke him, leaving the Takao as the lone survivor. meanwhile BC is a mess. The team can't seem to push, but I'm really not paying attention. I abandon A and move to help extract the Takao, smoking him on the boarder with just under half health left while about three ships and the DD push through. I kill one with a torp spread but even under smoke, the Takao can't seem to angle out and even blind firing is enough to bracket him and kill him.

Now I'm way out of position and my team is dropping like flies for some reason. They can't seem to hold at B and now I'm being stalked by a Mahan. Did I mention my healthy respect for American rifles? I stay purpindicular to the capture points and send enough spreads down range to get him to finally to f*ck off and turn into B. By this point I have a few vocal shipmates [edited]about how I need to capture points and spend too much on the edge of the map. This is true, but not quite in the lazy incompetent manner being supposed. I pick the closest allied BB to me under fire and smoke him, hoping to rally him and support the last remaining ship on the cap. At this point, I start kicking [edited]and taking names. The DD pops back up with only about half health and roll for initiative, taking him down with a few gun salvos. Our CA on the cap dies, but I put more torpedoes into another victim. Unfortunately, the BB I'm hiding behind as it was so eloquently put dies as well. I'm on my own. I put a Der Grober out of action for kill number four, leaving an Amagi at full health as the lone survivor as we pass the 60 second mark. I'm only close enough for gun and he's camping the checkpoint. No way was I going to kill without more time.

Time reaches zero, but I did receive helpful, if high in sodium content advice. I should uninstall the game. Should have taken capture points. Etc. Seriously.

About the only thing I could think to have done differently was to play selfishly and let the initial BB and CA hang for having followed me to A. That's what put me out of position, but I would like to think that THREE QUARTERS OF OUR FLEET should have been enough to put up a decent fight at B. The BB I smoked in the end was the only ship to receive more than one kill. I shouldn't have to be responsible for killing a quarter of the enemy fleet by myself.

And the screens--

I feel your pain...

This happened to me last 3 hours ago

shot_16_12_26_09_27_39_0205_by_ph_pennys

When your doing your best but your team cant do crap...

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Guess I read it differently from other posters but from what you described, you left a pushing BB out to hang, spammed some skill walls, and ran from an enemy DD you perceived to be superior to you.

Pretty typical of a lot of DD players and nothing special either way worth performing a post mortem on.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
596 posts
6,464 battles

Guess I read it differently from other posters but from what you described, you left a pushing BB out to hang, spammed some skill walls, and ran from an enemy DD you perceived to be superior to you.

Pretty typical of a lot of DD players and nothing special either way worth performing a post mortem on.

*eyeroll*

Members
848 posts
6,915 battles

I know how you feel, it happens sometimes. I won a game in my Kamikaze when it was 2 vs. roughly 7 enemies by capping out their entire base, not that far from enemy ships. The only one who bothered to try to run back to reset was a Kongo almost 15 kilometres away. We won (tbh, I was hoping that the friendly battleship, which was under heavy fire, would die so that I would get Solo Warrior).

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

*eyeroll*

This is why just adding the replay would be of much more help than simply screaming about it...

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

This is why just adding the replay would be of much more help than simply screaming about it...

Yeah, ive resolved to turn on the flight recorder back on after this.

Disabled it while trying to troubleshoot frame rate issues a few weeks back.

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Map- Okinawa

And the screens--

The excerpts in bold are why I said what I said.

Not eager to get into a fight with an American DD so I worked on area denial to me indicates spamming torp walls (aka skill walls)

BB Pushes but because he was worried about staying dark and spamming torps he wasn't in position to support the BB push and it was killed before he could move up to assist

Another reference to a fear of engaging a ship class that the class he's playing is arguably most equipped to fight against (when there's no rapid firing cruiser in the neighbor hood to do so anyway)

There's more but I think the above suffices to support my point.

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

The excerpts in bold are why I said what I said.

Not eager to get into a fight with an American DD so I worked on area denial to me indicates spamming torp walls (aka skill walls)

BB Pushes but because he was worried about staying dark and spamming torps he wasn't in position to support the BB push and it was killed before he could move up to assist

Another reference to a fear of engaging a ship class that the class he's playing is arguably most equipped to fight against (when there's no rapid firing cruiser in the neighbor hood to do so anyway)

There's more but I think the above suffices to support my point.

I asked, so i cant really b*tch about what i get. I will clarify some points, however.

First, skill wall? Really? Because that ceases to exist as a rule at around 7 and above. Enemies that travel in straight lines are hardbto come by. Second, skill wall in a kagero? Come on. I know you're looking at this through the lens of pessimism, but 2x4 launchers every minte thirty doesnt exactly call for that level of salt, let alone the wall of torps you must be envisioning. I could get away with that on the old fubuki or minekaze. On the kagero? lol.

As far as the lone bb goes, i didnt tbink he would actually push against the numerically superior enemy.  With only the ARP and me as his backup, he shouldn't have pushed at all. As soon as i saw him commit, i hit the boosters and tried to intercept him for smoke. He died within 2km of me, so i switch to salvaging the takao.

To the american dd point, yep. I fully admit avoiding that particular battle until my position shored up. With pre patch ijn guns i would have taken my chances. 5.15?  Ill wait for an edge and it wasnt like he didnt nearly eat a torp salvo. I wont apologize for playing to my strengths. But frankly, the game was already over by that point. Most everything we had at B got its teeth kicked in. They still had at least five ships to counter me with in any cap cat and mouse game, rendering that helpful advice suspect at best.

And just a final note, i carry smoke for a reason and not the torp booster. Because i try to be an asset to the team, not a lone wolf head hunter.

Definitely time to reenable the flight recorder.

Edited by Mulletproof

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I thought this was going to be WoWS improvement thread based on the post mortem Red Teaming technique...

Slightly disappointed.  I had a game earlier where I scored 11x torpedo hits with Ognevoi though.  That should tell you about how that went.  I feel your pain.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Advice here Mullet and no disrespect. We've all been through the same situation. You could have fought 3-4 battles in the time it took you to vent. Concentrate on fighting bud ok.  Feel your frustration.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

Here's the thing about random games.  You should NEVER rely on teammates to do what they SHOULD be doing.  Instead you have to recognize what your teammates ARE doing and adapt to it.  You can't force people to play the way you think they should be playing.  

Sign in to follow this