You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NeonPeanuts

Thoughts on WGNA since I've returned

20 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
6,062 battles

Now that I've been back for almost a month, I think that I can accurately form an opinion on how WGNA is operating. I have to say, I've never been so happy with how a gaming company has handled communication and community interactions. There is so much new content that honestly adds so much to this game: containers, campaigns, even more forum contests, events, and missions.

Despite claims that the game was dying when I left, player populations at peak times have increased dramatically. This might be because of the Christmas season, but I feel as if it was because of the added content.

Keep up the good work.

• Cool 6

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Now that I've been back for almost a month, I think that I can accurately form an opinion on how WGNA is operating. I have to say, I've never been so happy with how a gaming company has handled communication and community interactions. There is so much new content that honestly adds so much to this game: containers, campaigns, even more forum contests, events, and missions.

Despite claims that the game was dying when I left, player populations at peak times have increased dramatically. This might be because of the Christmas season, but I feel as if it was because of the added content.

Keep up the good work.

How much did you get paid to say that? 

And the population increase appears to be due WG bringing in kids with issues, random is a mess beyond anything I've ever seen. :amazed:

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Is it better than most places? Yes. Fantastic?

Umm... Communication... Alabamagate, anybody?

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Playerbase interaction seems to have improved drastically in recent months, despite a few hiccups.

I'm just waiting for whoever got these improvements pushed through to be fired and replaced with another corporate yes man who knows nothing about gaming or gamers to run it back into the ground.

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

"And the population increase appears to be due WG bringing in kids with issues, random is a mess beyond anything I've ever seen."

Ain't that the truth!

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Random is a mess, but more players are on for sure.

Had a Tier X BB that never left a certain line (spawn line) the entire game while the whole team melted away to advancing enemy.... then a DD call everyone noobs after he sailed against the edge with his guns pointing into another map half the game. Not sure whats up with some of these people (let alone how they have managed to fail their way up the tiers) but the game is still going strong. The containers are a blessing if nothing else.

Members
3,929 posts
20,877 battles

The real irony is that despite no discernible changes to pVe (besides new bot names) there has been an increase to the pVe playerbase. 

Edited by yUPPatriots

[SALVO]
Members
16,367 posts
10,159 battles

The real irony is that despite no discernible changes to pVe (besides new bot names) their has been an increase to the pVe playerbase. 

For a moment I tought you were pointing to the proposed nerf to bots due to the increase in bot's WR%.

Members
3,929 posts
20,877 battles

For a moment I thought you were pointing to the proposed nerf to bots due to the increase in bot's WR%.

I hope you're joking.

b/c if you're not, you leave me no choice but to bring out the teddy bear.

Careful.

Edited by yUPPatriots

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Keep up the good work.

i like how you specify WGNA to rub salt in the poor wounds of our EU brethren
  • Cool 1

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

Things seem more than a little salty across the pond.

Having done some spelunking into the archives (dredging up the bones of Club Wargaming for an article I wanted to work on), it's amazing to see how much of a night and day difference there is in communication between now and then.  Is it perfect now?  Well, no.  No, it's not.  But things have improved a great deal.  Some may point to the USS Alabama issue as a failure, but with what I was privy to behind the scenes, it was more of a triumph of WGNA going up to bat for their community rather than a miscommunication.  The firestorm that NA players started was heeded and the turnaround time between the issue being raised and the resolution being proposed wasn't bad -- previously they may have simply ignored us (see the long history of World of Tanks NA customer relations).  Wargaming is trying and I appreciate that.  They get some leeway in my books for effort, but they must not breech that trust.

Anway, welcome back, OP!  Enjoy the crates.  Have fun with the missions and make sure you hoover up the freebies as they become available!

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,068 battles

Things seem more than a little salty across the pond.

Having done some spelunking into the archives (dredging up the bones of Club Wargaming for an article I wanted to work on), it's amazing to see how much of a night and day difference there is in communication between now and then.  Is it perfect now?  Well, no.  No, it's not.  But things have improved a great deal.  Some may point to the USS Alabama issue as a failure, but with what I was privy to behind the scenes, it was more of a triumph of WGNA going up to bat for their community rather than a miscommunication.  The firestorm that NA players started was heeded and the turnaround time between the issue being raised and the resolution being proposed wasn't bad -- previously they may have simply ignored us (see the long history of World of Tanks NA customer relations).  Wargaming is trying and I appreciate that.  They get some leeway in my books for effort, but they must not breech that trust.

Anway, welcome back, OP!  Enjoy the crates.  Have fun with the missions and make sure you hoover up the freebies as they become available!

Don't even get me started on WGNA Tanks relations mouse. I got 5 years of baggage there.

[RLGN]
Members
19,120 posts
35,145 battles

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Well, not ALWAYS; but yes, quite often.

Like going to smoke up a BB so it can break off from a bad fight, getting hit by ONE shell, perhaps even a friendly secondary hit; getting your rudder or engine knocked out and you die instead of the battleship.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
6,062 battles

Basically what Mouse said. Things are a lot better on WGNA then EU. They can learn something from our team.

[SALVO]
Members
16,367 posts
10,159 battles

I hope you're joking.

b/c if you're not, you leave me no choice but to bring out the teddy bear.

Careful.

You know the saying "a teddy bear a day keeps the saltness away"

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I posted a buddy code for any of those guys who want to reroll lol.  I feel bad for the way they get crapped on.