Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

New Year Medal Madness - did you catch the Dec 25th update?

21 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Information updated 12/25: Please note, Containter rewards are "standard" random containers, article has been corrected. Apologies.

Containter - ahahaaaa... ahem.... hahahahaaaa.... tainter winner, tainter loser, just a tainter for taters... ahahaa...

No seriously though... please note they were always "standard" random containers, which I must interpret as meaning, "No Super Containers". 

you? 

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

They might've just fixed it from Commander's Presents to regular containers, not necessarily meaning there's no supercontainers from them.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

They might've just fixed it from Commander's Presents to regular containers, not necessarily meaning there's no supercontainers from them.

Could be... but then me... slightly picky about such things... would have anticipated the question and said "regular containers with the same odds of receiving a super container"... 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Because WG realized that giving us $1 presents was absolutely unacceptable and definitely fired the guy that implemented that.

..Woot, more 5 flag containers, thanks WG.

• Cool 3

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,755 battles

Because WG realized that giving us $1 presents was absolutely unacceptable and definitely fired the guy that implemented that.

I know, right?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Punishment for the Alabama Whine fest....:teethhappy:

I mean, us whiners certainly don't deserve anything more than a regular crate, for the gold awards.....At least last year we got duplicate  rewards for gold, not a weak crate than I haven't seen an SC from in over 90 opening now....:B

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

Members
5,450 posts
21,017 battles

The regular container I got when the first Holiday Achievement turned gold was 3 flags + 3 flags + 3 camo. 

I also noticed the wording change. 

Members
397 posts
5,967 battles

I mean, us whiners certainly don't deserve anything more than a regular crate, for the gold awards.....At least last year we got duplicate  rewards for gold, not a weak crate than I haven't seen an SC from in over 90 opening now....:B

we should all be like oliver in oliver twist and say, pleas sir, can I have some more, cuz I really want some cheese

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,205 battles

now the next 1 turned gold but I didn't receive the container

Same here, no container number 2. 

But my first regular container ended up being a super container. 

So you can still get them..... maybe not now though lol

[RE]
[RE]
Members
501 posts
24,877 battles

Same here, no container number 2. 

But my first regular container ended up being a super container. 

So you can still get them..... maybe not now though lol

wow that must have been a surprise

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Well you're right on the second gold medal... I got nothing in my container stack... wanna bet it takes a human bean to click something somewhere, kinda like the Pearl Harbor flag? Probably did not count on us doing it you know... 

I think the logic is they are giving so much away that to double the awards might well encourage some of the NA players to uh... play more... no wait... that doesn't work... 

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

Well you're right on the second gold medal... I got nothing in my container stack... wanna bet it takes a human bean to click something somewhere, kinda like the Pearl Harbor flag? Probably did not count on us doing it you know... 

I think the logic is they are giving so much away that to double the awards might well encourage some of the NA players to uh... play more... no wait... that doesn't work... 

Maybe it takes an update.  Ha ha ha ha he he he he ROFLOL

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

So funny... we got an update this morning... my first crate was invisible! Collected it, nothing shows but option to open. Click open, told I have no containers... but amazingly... you ready? 

Three. Three. Three. Wow - I'm to the point with these "bonus containers", I do believe they are handing us coal. 

Congrats WoWS - you really know how to excite the player base, to "Go For The Gold".  Yup. Give Coal. Nice. Practical. 

2016's Christmas Metal Medal Meltdown aka Give 'em Coal. 

Good luck fixing this wound. I am so underwhelmed why... 

Nonetheless... Merry Christmas to you all two days after. May your New Year far surpass your Old Year! tia

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

I'm done with the entire broken container / Super Container / Present / whatever else they stuff in boxes.  

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,205 battles

I opened the container from the second gold achievement, and got 10 flags and 500 free XP

Not to shabby at all really considering I got therm for doing absolutely nothing.

I also got all the achievements for just playing the game! and more FREE stuff just for doing that.

honestly I have nothing to complain about, sometimes I think I don't fit in here... maybe I need to complain more :trollface:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,834 posts
30,521 battles

I have had no problems with containers, received both of the containers for achievements going gold and have had some handy stuff in them so I am happy. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Well... there are three gold now... as of 4:44 pm EST on the NA server..  and wonkiness in the third container... 50K (one match in a Tier X ship), 5 flags and 3 camos.

Sweet Mary and Joseph! Start ringing those church bells! How'd they know that's exactly what I needed? :rolleyes:

:red_button:

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

I know, right?

Because getting a free Graf Spee wasn't enough, they added in the ability to get a free camo for it as well as for the Tirpitz.  Man, you all would cry if they gave you every ship ever made.

Sign in to follow this