Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LeVrier

Questions about cap circles

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,427 battles

So I I have been playing a lot in the past 4 days I have noticed something. in the early minutes of the game teams will push for the captain circles but just as they get to 1K of it they turn and go out wards. only DDs or BB players like me ever go in. most CAs and BBs just never push in early . 

I wonder about the  psychology of it. why do they turn giving easy sides to there opponents. my scharn loves being up front and getting the easy damage. but my team never pushing in with me to get the point. leaving me out front and often the only one in the cap. 

It's not that I go off by me self ethere. half the team is behind me. but there like fish. a school of fish is more appropriate. I would love to see a over lay of all the maps and see what the average movements are on all the different maps. 

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Most cap circles on maps are situated inside islands or in a channel. This makes it hard for bigger ships to have escape options. If it is an open cap, then moving into it will also makes you closer to the enemies. You will be up front so most of them will be shooting at you, and thus it will be much more dangerous to turn away.

Think of it this way, you don't need to be inside a cap to control it. Simply applying support for your DDs to be able to get it, and then lying in wait for foolish enemies that try to retake it is far more effective than advancing into, around or beyond it.

Beta Testers
302 posts
2,583 battles

German BBs cannot be reliably punished unless a good player is able to land large penetrating hits on your upper armor while broadside. For everyone else they must keep a specific distance so they have enough time to angle and not be stuck bow on into a crossfire.

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,427 battles

I understand being up front is dangerous. but what I am curious about is why people turn and give there side to the other team. do they all do it when one dose it. like follow the leader. I would love to see the analysis of this behavior. 

Some cap circles do have narrow areas. and that can scar players into not risking there ships. but I have found that the team that gets the two first caps will often times win. 

The DDs that can get that early cap will almost always win the game for his team. 

I have seem almost the hole team push one side but they all stop at the edge of a cap and never go in then they lose on points. 

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,427 battles

German BBs cannot be reliably punished unless a good player is able to land large penetrating hits on your upper armor while broadside. For everyone else they must keep a specific distance so they have enough time to angle and not be stuck bow on into a crossfire.

that's why I push with my German BBs. but after a 1000 games from T1 to T9 I have noticed that players act like a school of fish. maybe WG have noticed this and made the mascot a gold fish. lol 

[RLGN]
Members
19,120 posts
35,145 battles

I seen it happen both ways; cap early and win; and cap early, get shot to bots, enemy takes the caps and you lose.

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,427 battles

I seen it happen both ways; cap early and win; and cap early, get shot to bots, enemy takes the caps and you lose.

it dose happen both ways but the early cap games have a higher chance of winning . but there is no way to really know the true numbers unless WG gives us a lot of data. I wish they would. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,368 posts
10,159 battles

it dose happen both ways but the early cap games have a higher chance of winning . but there is no way to really know the true numbers unless WG gives us a lot of data. I wish they would. 

It boils down to the price paid for that circle. Was the lemmon worth the squeeze?. If your teams expends a significant and relative amount of DDs or firepower to get one cap, them it was probably a bad deal.

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,427 battles

It boils down to the price paid for that circle. Was the lemmon worth the squeeze?. If your teams expends a significant and relative amount of DDs or firepower to get one cap, them it was probably a bad deal.

I said in the original post that the team to cap the second circle most often wins. also your forgetting that the other time is losing on points and possibly ships. let's say that both teams are losing ships at a equal rate. then the team that has or had two is ahead on points. 

Beta Testers
156 posts
1,427 battles

Oops - I thought you said crop circles.

crop circle are why no one go's into the cap points. call CNN

Sign in to follow this