You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Crap_Shoot

I don't understand the scheduling of Graf Spee Missions/Tasks

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
422 posts
6,659 battles

I'm not exactly sure what is going on in the Graf Spee Missions.  They're staggered, but there are 3 days that are impossible to progress on:

Mission 1 (Begins 12/22/16)

Final Task:
Fight a Random battle in a tier V or higher ship after 12/28/16

Mission 2 (Begins 12/27/16)

Final Task:
Fight a Random battle in a tier V or higher ship after 1/2/17

Mission 3 (Begins 1/1/17)

Final Task:
Fight 1 battle in a tier V or higher ship after 1/9/17

And then the last one:

Mission 4 (Begins 1/8/17)

Final Task: Fight 1 Random battle in a tier V or higher ship after before 1/18/17

Notice a pattern here?  The final task of each mission opens up...the day after the next stage opens.  But you can't start a new stage until you finish the final stage of the preceding mission.  So we have 3 days that are basically wasted as progression is going to be impossible, because we will have an open stage we can't start, blocked by a final task that isn't available yet.  Only is the final task shows a "complete before X/XX date", but it's the final deadline, anyway,

Anyone trying to win the Graf Spee for Santa's Convoys is going to be on a major time crunch already, (9 days to complete I believe) and on top of these the schedule is going to force us to burn 3 days with no way to progress.

• Cool 1

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

Anyone trying to win the Graf Spee for Santa's Convoys is going to be on a major time crunch already, (9 days to complete I believe) and on top of these the schedule is going to force us to burn 3 days with no way to progress.

Yes I just cracked and bought mine. Dreadnought in first battle seems a pretty good omen. :)

[best torpedo arcs I have seen!]

[-H-]
[-H-]
Beta Testers
454 posts
16,310 battles

I noticed this as well and I think it's a bit silly. I completed Mission 1 in a single day plus I think 2 or 3 battles to finish the rest of the second 12,500XP the next day. Yet I can't progress until Dec. 28th. They are only giving us about 3 or 4 days to complete each mission. My guess is that they know things are going to be tight by Mission 4 and they want to force people to spend money to buy the ship.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,165 posts
35,200 battles

I noticed that.  I just think they didn't want fantastic players to knock this out in an afternoon.

~B

Seem like it. That and wanting people to get impatient and open their wallets. Nothing really wrong with that in a strict business sense, but I've already decided not to be accommodating.

If I can't finish the Christmas Convoy? Oh well, my choice.

• Cool 2

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Also, it's timegating so that people will have to do the later missions, which are conveniently the harder ones, when they return to school, which could be another way that they're being pressured into buying it.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

The entire setup is to pressure people into buying the ship, while still saying "Well, you don't have to buy it, so don't blame us if you can't get the missions done."

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,466 battles

For the impatient ones to buy.

I can wait and play on this schedule. No biggie. When and if it comes I'll be happy.

In the meantime, grinding Free XP for a certain ship (getting closer everyday)

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Unless you're willing to splurge on the Graf Spee bundled with loads of crap, there's no other choice but to wait. I'll just play Witcher 3 while waiting for 28 December.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

I am slightly annoyed with the time gate-ing, I am willing to wait. If I get to the point where I don't think I'll be able to get the Spee and complete the Convoy mission for free, I am willing to buy the Spee, but not for more than $50.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,300 posts
9,133 battles

Pretty much a way to get people to buy the big bundle so they have enough time to get all those permanent camos. If you could just get the standalone Graf Spee now to be able to get all the camos now, I bet a lot of people would do it.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,650 battles

Seem like it. That and wanting people to get impatient and open their wallets. Nothing really wrong with that in a strict business sense, but I've already decided not to be accommodating.

If I can't finish the Christmas Convoy? Oh well, my choice.

This. Exactly this.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

lol you all want it admit it. Spee is a must-have. I bought it full blast because I was ready for some money and premium time anyway. Couldnt be arsed for the contest grind after winning the Mikasa, and the seeing this new pain in the butt contest. There's no other ship I would have done this for before, just before New Year's I mean, frankly.

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

Is spee actaully fun to play for the average person?  My aim kinda sucks, lol.