You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW

Instead of catering to new/bad BB players....

233 comments in this topic

WG tends to cater to whinny BB players that are usually new or just plan bad with cyclones and bastion mode.  Both of these things are loathed by nearly every skilled player I know.  So instead of bending game mechanics around these potatoes I have come up with a solution!

LOCK THE BB CLASS ALL TOGETHER UNTIL AN ENTIRE CA OR DD LINE HAS BEEN PLAYED TO 10.

Just hear me out for a min.  When people get this game, their first thought is "I want to shoot the big guns!".  I know that is what I did, and guess what, I was god awful at it.  I could barely hit a ship and had a 42% W/R after my first 1k games.  BB is not a forgiving class.  If you miss, 30 sec of no damage.  If you make a mistake with positioning, you get punished severely.  This would force these players to learn game mechanics like concealment, angling, dodging, ect.  Nothing hurts a team more then a t10 BB missing every salvo 24km away from the fight.  It is not their fault!  They literally don't know any better!  The natural human thing to think is "I have 30km range!  I better use it!."

Playing DD/CA actually shows you the ropes of BB play.  Since playing DD/CA lines, I can now use CONCEALMENT IN A BB!!!!!!!!!.  YES!!!.  When I'm getting focused, instead of dying via BBq and blaming WG, I crawl in a smoke cloud or duck behind an island, or even just stop shooting and disappear!  I can actually land shells reliably because i got plenty of practice in and now understand how ships move!  I rarely eat torps because I know where the DDs are and know how to avoid the dreaded wall of skill!

I personally think that this solution is far far better then gutting CA/DD lines because stubborn BB players refuse to learn the game and get better.  There is nothing wrong with smoke or stealth firing or torp walls.  The problem is players are drawn to a class of ships that is somewhat more advanced.

Please FLAME and RAGE.  Please call me a DD main or CA main.  This would hurt me more then you!  I love farming bad BBs!  That and I prob have played as much BB as you.

Thank you for reading, your feedback is appreciated.

P.S.  I'm not trolling.  

• Cool 5

AraAragami    5,024

Take every class except for BBs out of the game. Problem solved. 

WG is already doing that.

To the OP: Just a hamfisted attempt to get more cruisers to farm for free damage in your battleships

Kolchak_26    571

WG tends to cater to whinny BB players that are usually new or just plan bad with cyclones and bastion mode.  Both of these things are loathed by nearly every skilled player I know.  So instead of bending game mechanics around these potatoes I have come up with a solution!

LOCK THE BB CLASS ALL TOGETHER UNTIL AN ENTIRE CA OR DD LINE HAS BEEN PLAYED TO 10.

Just hear me out for a min.  When people get this game, their first thought is "I want to shoot the big guns!".  I know that is what I did, and guess what, I was god awful at it.  I could barely hit a ship and had a 42% W/R after my first 1k games.  BB is not a forgiving class.  If you miss, 30 sec of no damage.  If you make a mistake with positioning, you get punished severely.  This would force these players to learn game mechanics like concealment, angling, dodging, ect.  Nothing hurts a team more then a t10 BB missing every salvo 24km away from the fight.  It is not their fault!  They literally don't know any better!  The natural human thing to think is "I have 30km range!  I better use it!."

Playing DD/CA actually shows you the ropes of BB play.  Since playing DD/CA lines, I can now use CONCEALMENT IN A BB!!!!!!!!!.  YES!!!.  When I'm getting focused, instead of dying via BBq and blaming WG, I crawl in a smoke cloud or duck behind an island, or even just stop shooting and disappear!  I can actually land shells reliably because i got plenty of practice in and now understand how ships move!  I rarely eat torps because I know where the DDs are and know how to avoid the dreaded wall of skill!

I personally think that this solution is far far better then gutting CA/DD lines because stubborn BB players refuse to learn the game and get better.  There is nothing wrong with smoke or stealth firing or torp walls.  The problem is players are drawn to a class of ships that is somewhat more advanced.

Please FLAME and RAGE.  Please call me a DD main or CA main.  This would hurt me more then you!  I love farming bad BBs!  That and I prob have played as much BB as you.

Thank you for reading, your feedback is appreciated.

P.S.  I'm not trolling. 

60517539.jpg

• Cool 9

atPrick__    3,486

Hwp1xZo.gif

iirc Battleships were supposed to be the "Skill" class during Alpha/Beta, what they have become is the Class players default to if they want to stay alive in a match imo.

• Cool 6

SireneRacker    1,434

Going by that logic I wouldn't have been able to play a BB until now and would be locked for at least two more months. My highest ship is Mogami with ~50k to Ibuki. And I already have 2k battles under my belt and have good results in Battleships.

• Cool 1

AraAragami    5,024

I have a tier 10 battleship and no other tier 10s so I guess I lose all my battleships 'til I finish the grind on Yugumo if OP gets his way.

Going by that logic I wouldn't have been able to play a BB until now and would be locked for at least two more months. My highest ship is Mogami with ~50k to Ibuki. And I already have 2k battles under my belt and have good results in Battleships.

Actually you preform worse in BB then any other class outside of CVs.  Thank you for helping to prove my point.
  • Cool 2

Batwingsix    989

The BB Ripple effect

1: CV's turned into an endangered species (BB's whining that they are getting focused by CV's)

2: DD's being nuked (okay, some really needed it... but now look at the KM DD's... ) because BB's complaining they cant see them.

3: CA's at high tiers are rare because nobody wants to be focused down immediately. (I run my Roon and Hinden a lot and I am always the first target for every BB because I am squishy) and it has become BB / DD fests which are causing more more complaints which are leading to number 2.

• Cool 1

RipNuN2    1,933

Locking out classes is a terrible idea. There are poor players among all the classes and in this free to play game anyone can fail upwards. It's a fact of life. 

Darthvader_9    37

I have a tier 10 battleship and no other tier 10s so I guess I lose all my battleships 'til I finish the grind on Yugumo if OP gets his way.

it will never happen, cause then WG will have to stop selling BB's as premiums to noobs and that will never happen

hawkai    133
I don't know if I would so far as the grind a ca or dd line all the way to X, but I kind of have to agree with you, that experience in other lines make you a better BB player, I don't fear DD at all in my BB like I see allot of player do, I played CA/DD only for my 1st 3k game, only BB I had where premiums, I use to try to take my trip into rank during season 2 cause I saw so many people tearing people up but my play in it was so bad I would not take it out, after about the 3k game mark, I had all the DD and CL on all lines, and tons of xp and credits sitting and they put IJN and USN BB on discount, so I bought them all and started playing them, surprising I have don't really good in them, I have really good stats in my BB and I think that is because of all the experience I had in CA and DD, give a DD player a BB with torps, take about fun
Edited by hawkai

AraAragami    5,024

Unfortunately we would have to grandfather you in. 

Yes I'm sorry I'm not a purple unicum in Yamato with a 100% survival rate and 400k average damage.

My average performance is heavily affected by a reliance on teammates.

I'm so sorry my stats have offended your unicum sensibilities.

I'll flog myself for pennence later.

• Cool 5

Kolchak_26    571

Actually you preform worse in BB then any other class outside of CVs.  Thank you for helping to prove my point.

So you are stat shaming another player on the forums? Wow

Darthvader_9    37

Yes I'm sorry I'm not a purple unicum in Yamato with a 100% survival rate and 400k average damage.

:teethhappy:

Yup blame your team.

That's a big fat NO. I'll play what I want thank you.

Another prime example of what I'm talking about.

IronWolfV    6,626

Yup blame your team.

Another prime example of what I'm talking about.

Yeah pal catch a clue. It would KILL THIS GAME. Then there's nothing to farm and no stats to show off.  Sorry pal, the big draw are the big guns and you want to lock them. No just no.  Again:

0J5BLjl.jpg

Instead of being bad in a BB, they'd simply be bad in a DD or CA/CL and you'd rant all over again. Sorry pal, bad logic is bad regardless of your stats.

Edited by TalonV
  • Cool 3

Th3KrimzonD3mon    1,249

I lol'd, read it again, lol'd harder.