You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW

Instead of catering to new/bad BB players....

233 comments in this topic

I don't think it's the BB player's problem, some players just suck at this game no matter what ship class they play.

Imagine those potatoes playing DDs and CVs in random matches make me want cry.

SireneRacker    1,442

Im looking at your total numbers.  Click the little arrow by W/R, it drops down you stats for each class.

Yet WR is still no relevant factor like I said from the very beginning. We are speaking of sample sizes mostly below 100. These are by no means representative. Especially not when the difference between Cruiser and Battleships is at 0.8%. That is nothing. If you want to argue that the complicated classes should be blocked, you should suggest your idea considering Carriers. Because they are hard to learn. Battleships are more forgiving than Cruisers.

Interesting fact, Warships.today uses wrong numbers for me. It tells me I have 397 battles in DDs while it actually is 573.

IronWolfV    6,632

Yugumo is the new #1 dd at t9 ffs.  Exaggeration but it is really good. 

Yugumo is number 1 DD at tier 9? That's funny.

Warships today show it dead last on ALL servers for the last week in Damage, W/R, Average XP and Kill/death.  number 1 DD at tier 9?

That's cute.

Yet WR is still no relevant factor like I said from the very beginning. We are speaking of sample sizes mostly below 100. These are by no means representative. Especially not when the difference between Cruiser and Battleships is at 0.8%. That is nothing. If you want to argue that the complicated classes should be blocked, you should suggest your idea considering Carriers. Because they are hard to learn. Battleships are more forgiving than Cruisers.

Interesting fact, Warships.today uses wrong numbers for me. It tells me I have 397 battles in DDs while it actually is 573.

but it isnt a sample size of below 100.  You have 1000 ca games 600+bb games 300+dd.  Thats what it is drawing from.  I would show you prime examples of what im talking about, but that would be naming and shaming.  people with 1000s of battles in BBs with a 50+% survival rate and a 9% hit rate.  That is what I'm trying to avoid.  If said player got some experience besides buy tirpiz and then buy a montana he would hit 20+%

IronWolfV    6,632

only funny cause you cant play it well.

Can't play what I don't have genius. Do you even look at the stats? Are you just spouting out crap and just using your stats to justify it? Edited by TalonV

Can't play what I don't have genius. Do you even look at the stats? Are you just spouting out crap and just using your stats to justify it?

no im not looking at its stats.  It is a good ship.  People will learn to play it.  Far easier to yugumo then izumo.  And that is what we are arguing right?  You think DD is harder then BB.  That is laughable.  Since I have more DD games then anything else that makes me a DD main right.  So I'm literally saying BB mains are more skilled then me.  Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW

AraAragami    5,028

Yugumo is the new #1 dd at t9 ffs.  Exaggeration but it is really good. 

#1 at...what, exactly?

vGCkFnS.png

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

Fletcher is superior to Yugumo for sure. Yugumo is nice, but Fletcher just does it better, and doesn't get smacked as hard when dealing with anti DD consumables. The F3s are probably better than the Mk16s, but closing the range to a point where you won't miss even if the enemy makes a change of course which starts putting distance between you and them, puts you WAY too close of you get spotted or detected. It's a high risk high reward, the problem is that it isn't consistent enough, while the consistent option, the Type 93s, are relatively easier to dodge compared to the Mk16s, and fewer of them are in the water.

Fletcher is superior to Yugumo for sure. Yugumo is nice, but Fletcher just does it better, and doesn't get smacked as hard when dealing with anti DD consumables. The F3s are probably better than the Mk16s, but closing the range to a point where you won't miss even if the enemy makes a change of course which starts putting distance between you and them, puts you WAY too close of you get spotted or detected. It's a high risk high reward, the problem is that it isn't consistent enough, while the consistent option, the Type 93s, are relatively easier to dodge compared to the Mk16s, and fewer of them are in the water.

it is the HUGE stealth fire window.  15.5 range with 9.3 stealth fire.  Pretty easy to burn that Iowa that likes to reverse.  Torps blow on every DD.  Torps are more RNG then BB salvos.  Think about how much has to go right for torps to land.  Torps have to not get spotted.  You have to not get spotted.  They have to drive into them. Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW

murdock762    13

IMO - the thinking behind the idea has merit even if the solution is a bit extreme.

May I propose a compromise.  No changes to tiers 3 and 4 since they are now "protected" anyway and are ships for players new to the game and casual players.

But adjust the economics (for BB) at higher tiers so that good players can still make a little money but (consistently) really poor games cost a lot of credits.  So really bad players will not be able to afford to keep playing mid and high tier unless they can reach some level of success.  

I am basically suggesting BB become more of a prestige class.  To a great extend WG already does this by locking most ships for new players until they get some games of experience.  Everyone still free to use whatever ships they have unlocked, but players at the extreme bottom of the group will be forced into playing other classes or lower tier.  I am not sure if we are talking about the bottom 5%, or the bottom 25%. 

I know everyone loves all the new crates and freebies but what it really did was make it easier to fail up to the high tiers even quicker.  The overall quality of game play has naturally suffered as a result.

Maybe this post will give some other people a starting point for a workable solution.  I think there is more then enough variety from tiers 1 - 10 to make a place for everyone.  New players, casual players and more hardcore.  I think the OP is suggesting something to nudge the players to assess what level they are currently performing at and choose the right tier and ship for their abilities. 

• Cool 1

IMO - the thinking behind the idea has merit even if the solution is a bit extreme.

May I propose a compromise.  No changes to tiers 3 and 4 since they are now "protected" anyway and are ships for players new to the game and casual players.

But adjust the economics (for BB) at higher tiers so that good players can still make a little money but (consistently) really poor games cost a lot of credits.  So really bad players will not be able to afford to keep playing mid and high tier unless they can reach some level of success.  

I am basically suggesting BB become more of a prestige class.  To a great extend WG already does this by locking most ships for new players until they get some games of experience.  Everyone still free to use whatever ships they have unlocked, but players at the extreme bottom of the group will be forced into playing other classes or lower tier.  I am not sure if we are talking about the bottom 5%, or the bottom 25%. 

I know everyone loves all the new crates and freebies but what it really did was make it easier to fail up to the high tiers even quicker.  The overall quality of game play has naturally suffered as a result.

Maybe this post will give some other people a starting point for a workable solution.  I think there is more then enough variety from tiers 1 - 10 to make a place for everyone.  New players, casual players and more hardcore.  I think the OP is suggesting something to nudge the players to assess what level they are currently performing at and choose the right tier and ship for their abilities. 

I can get on board with that.  +1 Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW

AraAragami    5,028

it is the HUGE stealth fire window.  15.5 range with 9.3 stealth fire.  Pretty easy to burn that Iowa that likes to reverse.  Torps blow on every DD.  Torps are more RNG then BB salvos.

Funny then that torpedoes are supposed to be an IJN destroyer's main source of damage, and yet are harder to use than a battleship's main guns per your own admission..

And yet per your own admission destroyers are easier than battleships, who have the armor to survive being spotted and the guns to make whatever spots them regret it.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

Funny then that torpedoes are supposed to be an IJN destroyer's main source of damage, and yet are harder to use than a battleship's main guns per your own admission..

And yet per your own admission destroyers are easier than battleships, who have the armor to survive being spotted and the guns to make whatever spots them regret it.

Yeah but i can still pull 60k in gun/fire damage a game or more.  That mind state of "I'm a torp boat" is why most people are bad at that line. Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW

IronWolfV    6,632

no im not looking at its stats.  It is a good ship.  People will learn to play it.  Far easier to yugumo then izumo.  And that is what we are arguing right?  You think DD is harder then BB.  That is laughable.  Since I have more DD games then anything else that makes me a DD main right.  So I'm literally saying BB mains are more skilled then me. 

That just because you have good stats does not make you right.

Infact you've been wrong, and you continue to BE wrong. BBs are pretty much the easiest class to play.  Cruisers by far are MUCH harder to play.

wadavid    180

Even I know Shimakaze's engine is made out of glass and the optimal IJN destroyer build can only afford to grab Last Stand at 17 points. Which still makes it slower than Fletcher due to the penalty with a broken engine.

How is there such a thing as and "optimal" dd build (regardless of nation) that doesn't have Last Stand?

But the point of this thread devolved into anti-elitist "hey I'm good shut up and let me play my BB" yelling. The Grandmaster's point is that BB play is the distilled, concentrated form of what makes this game unique. WoWs = chess + shooter, and the chess part of it is the most important to giant unstealthy unmaneuverable ships that can't quickly hide/reposition. The forethought that makes it so difficult to play a BB at a high level is something that takes way more time to learn than most of the other skills in the game. That was WWW's point, not "I'm purple, uninstall tha game, noobs" or whatever people thought he was saying.

Although tier 10 might be a bit extreme for an entry point (maybe 8 makes more sense, as suggested somewhere previously), it would lead to a better experience for players entering the class, as those chess skills would be better developed before playing ships that rely on them more than any other class in the game.

• Cool 1