Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

How was your weekend spree?

6 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles

Currently reached T4 in VMF and KMS DDs, and finished my weekend spree with a Kraken in the G-101. Died a lot more than usual--low tiers known for that.

Inched closer to the freddy, but hurting for credits from above two lines as well as outfitting my NC which I repurchased, so largely using my T7-8 ships for farming credits. :sceptic: If someone would please gift me premium time, that'd be much appreciated, but it's just a game, so won't rampage if I don't get that present.

I'm at 64 containers, so after I get 1 more today, I'll record opening them. I'll be sure to mark when I open the 2 SC I have stashed. Except for 1 credit and 1 consumable box, rest are the TYL.

Did find to my amusement that even an AA-specced DM can be reminded not to yolo in Taiho, simply by using my TB to make him turn where my DB have an easy time blowing up his AA, then letting my reserves bring another angry wave he can't shoot down as well. Though as usual, ridiculous AA drives me nuts, can see why many CV players switched to low tiers where AA is fair and balanced.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Finally brought the Moskva for a spin, I don't do well in this ship at all because it's so different from the Donskoi. It'll take a while adjusting to how ridiculous the change in playstyle turned out to be. I think I found my favorite DD in the Fletcher this weekend, and I guess I got lucky because this is the first holiday since joining this game that my WR is not taking a steep nosedive.

It's been a fun Xmas

vMQt4kO.png

[HELLS]
Members
2,970 posts
39,936 battles

Saw Admiral Graf Spee was to too rich for my budget, got a barebones Scharnhorst instead, and I like my choice a lot. Be a good ship for farming credits once I get the hang of her. Got all seven New Years' medals and over 150 good cammos that will make the grinds a bit easier on those ships without premium cammo. Plus I got Emden in the Santa lottery, which is a blast to play at low tier. Fun times!

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

Grinding the Shiratsuyu, pretty good run in it too.

JJhhero.jpg

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Didn't hardly play this weekend, had other things to do.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

It had it's ups and downs, that's for sure!

Friday was meh, didn't play much.   Saturday was unspeakably horrid.

Yesterday was a bit of both.   Some truly awful play was seen match after match in pvp- to the point that I gave up on the campaign mission in disgust.   Switching back to pve was a LOT more fun, if less rewarding.  Don't get me wrong- there are plenty of players doing stupid stuff in there, too- with a sea of pinkies to prove it.  It's just that it seems like more players are there for a good fight, and play more aggressively- leading to a ton of med to close range brawls.   And anyway, the bots leave you with little choice, they're coming at you no matter what!

It's the reason I love to play my Nassau even though i'm into tier 8 with BB's: the ship wants to be played stupidly aggressive- and rewards you for it!   Secondary kills galore!  You can even safely ignore ships that are very close to you, as long as they have no torpedoes.

Despite all of this,  I managed to finish 4 grinds: Colorado; Izyaslav; Caledon, and V25.  I'm on part 4 of the Science of Victory Campaign-having started it Friday.   And completed step 3 of the ARP mission last night.  I was literally showered with loot by WG most of the weekend, lol.

I was also damn lucky with the Secret Santa presents, getting both Gremmy and Nik.  My camo and signal coffers are now mighty full, too!

Much of the SoV campaign was done with Yorck, and it's quickly becoming my favorite cruiser to play- man I love that ship!  

North Carolina, I have very mixed feelings about.  On the one hand, it can be a beast, smashing everything in sight, and racking up hillarious plane kill totals- even without manual AA, or even designating the squadrons!  They just melt away!  On the other, the ship has a glaring fatal flaw that's readily exploitable- and worse, it sticks with you from now on up the line.  You HAVE to play it bow on- or you die.  A rather irritating development for a brawler like me- and a huge drawback in pve, where your foes charge aggressively and keep coming until they ram you or drop torps you can't avoid.  Kiting is not very effective, either as you only have 1 rear turret, and soft rear armor.  A really stupid design-putting all the armor in front, and leaving the citadel horribly unprotected ( not to mention way too big).  And one none of it's tier 8 contemporaries are saddled with- and they are just as powerful.  I won't be bothering with Iowa or Monty because of it.

Damnae is simply all around crap.  So bad, it's not worth playing at all.  I'll either free xp past it (when I get that coffer filled back up again- what free xp Missouri didn't take, all those new ships wiped out! lol), or just not grind this line any farther.  Simply not acceptable for a tier 4 cruiser to be this bad.

With 93 ships now in port, I'm waiting for the current sale to end so I can clean out some deadwood and free up a bunch of credits!

On the bright side, I had an awesome time in V25.  Once upgraded, that tiny ship is a killer!  So small, and so fast, that's it's a royal pain to hit, and the upgraded guns do very good work.  Atago was a very fun ride this weekend, too.  That cruiser is just evil!

Sign in to follow this