You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fast_Battleship_Iowa

Kiev missing upgrade.

20 comments in this topic

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Currently, the Kiev is missing an upgrade. Secondary Battery Modification 2 is available on all ships (except Kiev) starting at tier 5. The mod does not state any exceptions to this rule.

ZgewQI1.png

Every other tier 5 and above ship with secondaries receives this upgrade. However, the Kiev has secondaries and does not.

fE8j3BE.jpg

My formal request: please give the Kiev what it deserves, Secondary Battery Modification 2.

Why?

• Because Kiev deserves it, just like every other ship possessing secondaries past tier 5. It's just fair she gets it too!
  • A secondary spec Kiev would be useless, but entertaining. Perfect for people with too much time and credits.

If you're crazy enough to support this, I made a signature!

QHWcmXR.png

• Cool 8

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Lol, secondary spec Kiev.... I wonder if that would actually help in a knife-fight.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Lol, secondary spec Kiev.... I wonder if that would actually help in a knife-fight.

I've gotten a CQE kill with my Kiev.

With the signal and AFT, it actually has 6.6km range. Not too bad really.

Edited by SergeantHop

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

even if it doesn't make it a stealth gun boat... it will still help the ship which atm, is about dead average in ratings

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

even if it doesn't make it a stealth gun boat... it will still help the ship which atm, is about dead average in ratings

Realistically, you don't want to get in that close with the Kiev. She doesn't have enough health to deal with a brawl, unless you already have a significant advantage in HP over your enemy.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

if all the ships have the upgrade, i think she should too.  While the line is quite good, the next tier... Tashkent is abysmal.  Its not too much to ask.

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

Yes I demand the ability to have a full secondary spec Kiev. 

Secondary module or riot! :izmena:

:3 

[PUSHD]
Members
200 posts
21,961 battles

Someone has to do a manual secondaries Kiev. Please upload to YouTube. :)

Beta Testers
2 posts
6,425 battles

Well I think its clear in the name, "Manual Secondaries" Kiev does possess a secondary, but only one.  Clearly the mods designed for multiple so no go.

So really you should be asking for them to add a Manual Secondary mod, for ships with only 1 secondary :P

In all seriousness I assume the comment about it only being on the top hull is correct.  As modules are tied to ship and not to individual hulls, unlike consumables.

Edited by Myrmidal

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Do those secondaries fire AP? If they fire HE, they won't do any damage to anything. 1/6 of 85 is 14 mm, and as far as I know, no ship has such thing armour. 

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Russia is laughing at us very hard right now I bet. Why should they respect us at all when people ask for something that goes against all reason and logic where this ship is concerned? You people undermine this community every time you post something this absurd. 

Edited by Rounne

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Russia is laughing at us very hard right now I bet. Why should they respect us at all when people ask for something that goes against all reason and logic where this ship is concerned? You people undermine this community every time you post something this absurd. 

And some of the stuff you post isn't absurd?

cbhjJOa.gif

• Cool 3

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

I rushed a Nagato yesterday with my own Kiev (he was busy firing at something else). I forgot the secondaries existed, so imagine my surprise when I started hearing the dull "poomf" noises of the secondary gun going off. XD

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I've gotten Close Quarters achievements in this thing more often than I care to remember. That single 88mm secondary does more damage than people give it credit for. It also hits a lot more than you'd expect a single secondary to hit after playing battleships and seeing what those secondaries do.

• Cool 1

[-SKI-]
Members
323 posts
14,792 battles

Have also gotten CQE with this. Shoots HE, so no damage on anything bigger, but chance of fire is there, and against DD's who want to close the range, bonus pew pew pew.

Worst part is having more secondary hits than the cowardly lions BBs hiding in the back. Played it a week or two ago and had maybe 10 secondary hits. Had a Nagato and Colorado on the team; Nagato was just hiding, but the Colorado took themself out of the game sailing around an island (they even said as much and apologized). I had more secondary hits than either of them at that point.  :P

Besides, I like getting to click on secondary targets in a DD. I think just this and stock Umikaze hull have any.

Members
263 posts
3,866 battles

I think this post is funny as hell, because of that I will support this. Unexpected and it brightened my day :great: