You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Jeeeez- how do you random guys stand it???

41 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I've seen more defeats snatched from the jaws of victory tonight...

Just this last match 9/10 of our team was pushing hard for the East cap on two brothers- only to come to a screeching halt.

Because there was ONE destroyer in the cap.

ONE.

An entire team held captive by one friggin destroyer...

We could have swept the thing off the map, and swarmed in on the disorganized enemy below- it would have been glorious!

Instead, they milled around aimlessly, refusing to push- while this DD had all the time in the world to take the cap right under our noses, and sink 2 or 3 ships with torps.   By that time, the reds had gotten their stuff together, and were forming up to come at us.

I was so disgusted with this nonsense, I sailed broadside to the whole of the enemy team- in my cruiser- and none of them could hit me!! ( seriously, it was just like that scene in the beginning if Dances With Wolves)

I was GLAD when enemy torps found my ship- just so I could end that stinking match... ( Strongly considered thanking the enemy who shot them.)

Been like this all night...  I've got several new holes in my tongue from biting it.

How do you guys stand this??

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
14,209 battles

Look at this from a DD main's perspective: Free Exp, Credits and other stuff from capping out and killing stuff. From the other team's perspective, a DD means great walls of skill. Nobody wants to deal with it, so they stay back at whatever range they think is outside of skill-wall range. Unless the DD fires his guns, then the DD can either A.) Cap out, or B.) Force the enemy team to come to him, and thus come closer to his walls of skill and closer to the guns of his team. The mindset of most players is survival not victory. Frustrating as it may be, you can't fix stupid. You can only put a band-aid over the hole and hope it gets the job done 

Edited by BlueMistPvP

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,618 battles

Yes that sort of foolishness happens often, even in high tier matches, unfortunately.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I stay out of there when vacation or weekend time comes around. That and mostly just play during the day on my days off. If I venture in during the evenings I'm divisioned up. I do these things to keep my sanity :)

I've just been trying to do the campaign missions, so I have to play there.   A couple of days ago, it wasn't too bad, but yesterday and today... Fuggeddaboutit.

Divisions sound cool, but I don't know anybody that plays...  I guess I'll just be happy that the Graff mission can be done in Co-op- it'll take longer, but at least it won't be like that, lol.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles
I get frustrated by my teams, a lot, but then I realize that I've thrown a lot of games myself as well, not too long ago I threw a game in my V-25 (70k damage, Kraken) because I couldn't aim straight and didn't reset the cap in time, people are as easily frustrated by me, as I am by others, so there's a bit of an (un)happy balance.

Members
169 posts
9,481 battles

Ya this nights been horribly so far.Not sure if its the xmas thing? or people have their stocking pulled over their head....

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

I've got a slightly stoic personality about these things. I try to fix what can be reasonably fixed, apologize if I fall short, and do my best not to mind things that simply can't be helped. Human folly (that is to say, stupidity) is one of those things that simply can't be fully fixed, and no manner of whining and wasting my energy is going to change an inevitable end result. Some kind advice, maybe a commendation if people do things right goes a long way to helping people get the motivation or direction to win. But if it's still not happening, well... Just wasn't meant to be and off to the next fleet engagement I go, if I did the best I reasonably could, then there's nothing more I can ask for.

Members
6 posts
10,617 battles

Had a game on Two Brothers today in my Scharn.

Reds sent a NC, Biz, Gneis, Bayern,  Myoko and Yorck down the channel from spawn.

I did 122k and Kraken in about 5min. It was glorious. Manual secondaries, kept targeting bbs with them and switching once they were on fire, wide torp spreads to both sides, main guns targeted crusisers. Chat lit up. No salt from reds, all laughs. Was a blast.

Last 4 days have been very difficult tho. Frustrating enough to second guess how much time I play this game. Today made up for it tho!

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I just ignore my win rate. Once you start thinking about your win rate, your mental health takes a turn for the worse. 

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

Everyone has bad runs and sometimes we have good runs. Hang in there. If you really want to div up look at joining one of the clans they seem to be on the look out for new members.

For me today has been a good one. Even where I have potatoed my teams have managed to come through.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Everyone has bad runs and sometimes we have good runs. Hang in there. If you really want to div up look at joining one of the clans they seem to be on the look out for new members.

For me today has been a good one. Even where I have potatoed my teams have managed to come through.

I've pondered that,  I'm just afraid they'll take one look at my random stats and laugh themselves into a hernia, lol.   Only 400 some odd games, and most were when I was a newb.  Win rate reflects that, lol.   3850 and counting in pve, though.

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
29,057 battles

I stay out of there when vacation or weekend time comes around. That and mostly just play during the day on my days off. If I venture in during the evenings I'm divisioned up. I do these things to keep my sanity :)

You are a smart man....I have now learned to do just the same thing.
  • Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

get good enough to carry hard, or don't play for win rate. 

What he said.

My back hurts trying to solo carry my way for ~2300 games. 

Edited by aether_tech

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles

Have been in many games just like that,am sure everyone has there own take on who did what when .. myself with only playing random when I see that happening and all is lost I throw all strategy out the window and go for as much damage as I can .. kinda fun 

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

I've pondered that,  I'm just afraid they'll take one look at my random stats and laugh themselves into a hernia, lol.   Only 400 some odd games, and most were when I was a newb.  Win rate reflects that, lol.   3850 and counting in pve, though.

Most I've seen are not too concerned about stats, more about getting a good fit for their clan.

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles

Despite what the signature shows over the last two days I've been under 50%.  I've been doing fairly well not really playing my strongest classes like normal so I'm sticking with MM.  The thing is win or lose it's been very one sided in all but a few matches.

Twice after horrible teams I got a satisfaction survey, needless to say it was strongly dissatisfied.  I just hope WG understands that is because of the players I happened to be matched with and no other reason. 

Members
760 posts
16,080 battles

I get frustrated by my teams, a lot, but then I realize that I've thrown a lot of games myself as well, not too long ago I threw a game in my V-25 (70k damage, Kraken) because I couldn't aim straight and didn't reset the cap in time, people are as easily frustrated by me, as I am by others, so there's a bit of an (un)happy balance.

If you're making the effort, most of us aren't going to be mad.

If you're just sitting there not taking the shots, or hiding, or going all the way around an island first, or some other crazy thing - that's what makes me rage.

Trying and failing is to be expected. Refusing to get the paint on your shiny ship scratched is infuriating.