You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AirshipCanon

3 Dollar Crates are Best Crates

21 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,165 posts
35,200 battles

For those who think of Emden as a prettier version of Dresden, and who use it as such; Emden is a perfectly fine ship,

For everyone else it's a nice port decoration and extra doubloons if you drawn more than one from a gift container.

• Cool 2

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

For those who think of Emden as a prettier version of Dresden, and who use it as such; Emden is a perfectly fine ship,

For everyone else it's a nice port decoration and extra doubloons if you drawn more than one from a gift container.

And for those who think the Emden is a prettier version of Dresden and hate the Dresden more than Kawachi?

[edited]it and all it stands for.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

And for those who think the Emden is a prettier version of Dresden and hate the Dresden more than Kawachi?

​One Emden is the equivalent of 300 useless doubloons though, just sell it and you have 300 doubloons worth of port slot. :trollface:

[RLGN]
Members
19,165 posts
35,200 battles

I will concede a certain amount of bias...

My 'niche' in WoWs seems to be liking and doing reasonably well is what are generally considered to be 'bad' ships.

[USCC1]
Beta Testers
69 posts
17,812 battles

bought 15 of them, and no ship just flags and paint, oh well.  10x1 dollar, 3x3 dollar, and 2x5 dollars.  will not do it again in the future just a waste of my money.  should have used it for prem. time, lol 

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

bought 15 of them, and no ship just flags and paint, oh well.  10x1 dollar, 3x3 dollar, and 2x5 dollars.  will not do it again in the future just a waste of my money.  should have used it for prem. time, lol 

You are a fool if you thought you would be getting a T8 ship with 1 dollar crates. The drop chances are super rare on them. 

The 3 dollar ones are the best. I have gotten about 100 bucks worth of ships and i spent no where near that much on the boxes. 

Members
31 posts
1,116 battles

I have bought 10 x $1, 4 x $5 and 13 x $3  in crates. Got tons of flags and camo, about 4k in doubloons.

But only the $3 crates gave me these:

1. Lo Yang

2. Anshan (this was in a gift $3 crate from a friend)

3. Blyskawica

4. Indianapolis

5. Arizona 

My dad bought one $3 crate for himself and got an Indianapolis!

[BOTES]
Members
741 posts
5,248 battles

My dad bought one $3 crate for himself and got an Indianapolis!

I was highly suspect about buying an Indy. But I played it after getting it from a crate and I swear I love the thing.

The AP is just awesome and they are pretty dang accurate. 

Members
327 posts
14,961 battles

A friend of mine sent me two $5 crates.  One was paint, the other was the Ishizuchi.  Another friend gifted me a $5 - paint.  Bought myself a $5 crate - Murmansk.  Bought ten $3 crates - X7 paint or flags, X2 gold, X1 Anshan.  Gifted both those two friends equally - all three crates were $5 and all three got paint.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
28 posts
6,415 battles

I've purchased 3 $5 crates and received 35 camo each time, which is currently for sale at 5 doubloons each.  Feeling like I should've just invested my $15 in doubloons and bought 3000 doubloons.  Not impressed at all.

Members
46 posts
4,320 battles

I bought 6 Admiral crates and received 2 Ishizuchi's w/ 10pt Captains, 180 days of Prem, 2x 35 Restless Fire camo's and 1x 35 Ocean Soul camos.  Not a terrible haul for about $50 CDN spent, but I was hoping for a better ship, oh well!  Might roll the dice again once I get this Christmas gift card registered for online use, haha.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,307 posts
8,000 battles

So far:

$5 prinz eugen
$3 1000 gold
$3 Gremy
$3 1000 gold
$3 50xESCL flags
$3 sims 
$3 Atlanta

Purchased for friend:

$3 Texas

$3 Arizona

Frequency: Individual purchases, now one a day for myself and friend.

_Thunder_Child_ approves!

Edited by _Thunder_Child_

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Bought 5 $3 dollar crates, got a Kutzov, 1k doubloons and 75 dragon flags.  Then I bought 4 $5 dollar crates, got: Texas, Lo Yang, Arizona and 35 camos.

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

Yep,Dresden sucks badly,I can't seem to get it to do anything,please buff!

Overall Results

Members
46 posts
4,320 battles

Spent my holiday gift card, was handsomely rewarded.

Spend $60 CDN on 6 Admiral Presents and 5 Captain Presents;

$3 - 20x Ocean Soul

$3 - 1,000 gold

$3 - 25x Dragon

$3 - 1,000 gold

$3 - Emden w/ 10pt Captain

$5 - 35x Restless Fire

$5 - 35x Gamescon

$5 - 35x Restless Fire

$5 - Atago w/ 10pt Captain

$5 - Atlanta w/ 10pt Captain

$5 - 1,500 gold

So for $60 purchased; received $156 in ships and dubloons, with whatever value you want to attribute to the camo and captains in terms of time NOT spent grinding XP.

I'm happy with this, 5/7 with rice.