Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

Gremy crew skills?

24 comments in this topic

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Bought myself some Santa crates for Christmas, got Arizona, Warspite, and Gremy. Can the Gremy stealth fire with AFT and CE? And is the wondow large? If not I'd just prefer to run AFT DE. But I'm not super familiar with this ship's skill setup, advice?

Edit: Took your advice and ran AFT on it, this ship is so stupid lol, so egregiously OP. Here's my first ever game in it. 1v1'd an enemy Colorado with ease.

shot-16.12.25_11.40.58-0008_zps6asjdlxt.

Edited by goldeagle1123

[ARR0W]
Members
6,150 posts
32,926 battles

That's hilarious, AFT it is. This ship is so broke, lol.

I think even more than Nikolai.

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
337 posts
6,812 battles

Yeah, but Nikolai gets countered by DDs/CVs pretty easily

Beta Testers
230 posts
5,463 battles

its disgusting at tier 5, glad i got one in a Santa box dont know if ill ever have a reason to play the Anshan i got in another box.

[PVE]
Members
254 posts
11,493 battles

You can stealth fire from 10,6km upwards with only AFT.

Minor correction. Gremlin has 1.3km stealth fire buffer bone stock, even without a captain.

With AFT it exceeds 3.5km

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

BFT

LS+EM

AFT, DE

If you want, you can drop the LS, and DE and go for CE and be..cowardly...and then pick up LS again with another two skill points...

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

its disgusting at tier 5, glad i got one in a Santa box dont know if ill ever have a reason to play the Anshan i got in another box.

For real, I bought the Anshan when it first came out, it's just a carbon copy of the ship a tier higher, with slightly better turret traverse speeds, and so stealth firing. Gremy is just an outright better ship that it, and it's a tier higher.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

The ship has the unnerfed VMF HE and firing concealment it also has torps. If you want to run more balanced you can run CE and take advantage of the torps but I prefer AFT and DE which happens to work well with training my vmf captains.

The funny thing about the ship is just a couple months ago people were campaigning to get it sold again saying it is a balanced ship. Now we are going to see people calling it op again.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

The ship has the unnerfed VMF HE and firing concealment it also has torps. If you want to run more balanced you can run CE and take advantage of the torps but I prefer AFT and DE which happens to work well with training my vmf captains.

The funny thing about the ship is just a couple months ago people were campaigning to get it sold again saying it is a balanced ship. Now we are going to see people calling it op again.

People need to play more Clemson and Izyaslav, they both melt the Gremy quite nicely.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

There is no objective reality where this is ship is in any way shape or form balanced. That's like calling Khab and Udaloi balanced.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

There is no objective reality where this is ship is in any way shape or form balanced. That's like calling Khab and Udaloi balanced.

People that don't know how to take advantage of the stealth fire can't understand why it's so good. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Bought myself some Santa crates for Christmas, got Arizona, Warspite, and Gremy. Can the Gremy stealth fire with AFT and CE? And is the wondow large? If not I'd just prefer to run AFT DE. But I'm not super familiar with this ship's skill setup, advice?

Edit: Took your advice and ran AFT on it, this ship is so stupid lol, so egregiously OP. Here's my first ever game in it. 1v1'd an enemy Colorado with ease.

shot-16.12.25_11.40.58-0008_zps6asjdlxt.

You get AFT and CE, you can stealth fire A LONG way. My gremlin only has AFT and I can fire from over 10km. I got a REAL big window of where I can fire if I sit at range. It's epic.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

The only skill that matters Commander wise is Expert Marksman, not even kidding.

I usually play my Grem with low skill Commanders and honestly the ship works regardless of how you buff her. After you get acclimated with her turrets and learn to keep some distance from Red DDs you can even live without EM.

Otherwise... her setup doesn't work particularly well with high tier VMF DDs imo. BFT/Expert Loader, Last Stand/EM, Super( Torp Acceleration is a pretty good option if you can torp without a stealth window), AFT( I take DE, I don't care about Stealth Firing, give me fire please) and CE.

Like I said though...doesnt matter imo after you get used to her turrets you can stick a zero point CPT in Grem and do extremely well.

Keep Distance from USN DDs at 8-10k when 1v1, use her Rudder to move her guns in increments as you track a target to avoid incoming fire(no clue how else to explain this... It becomes second nature after awhile).

Grem is the strongest Premium for her tier in game, even more than Flint I think. I think more players having her is a good thing if only for the simple fact that having them on both Red and Green sides during a battle is more fair, something that rarely happened before and is now common place.

Edited by slak__

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

The only skill that matters Commander wise is Expert Marksman, not even kidding.

I usually play my Grem with low skill Commanders and honestly the ship works regardless of how you buff her. After you get acclimated with her turrets and learn to keep some distance from Red DDs you can even live without EM.

Otherwise... her setup doesn't work particularly well with high tier VMF DDs imo. BFT/Expert Loader, Last Stand/EM, Super( Torp Acceleration is a pretty good option if you can torp without a stealth window), AFT( I take DE, I don't care about Stealth Firing, give me fire please) and CE.

Like I said though...doesnt matter imo after you get used to her turrets you can stick a zero point CPT in Grem and do extremely well.

Keep Distance from USN DDs at 8-10k when 1v1, use her Rudder to move her guns in increments as you track a target to avoid incoming fire(no clue how else to explain this... It becomes second nature after awhile).

Grem is the strongest Premium for her tier in game, even more than Flint I think. I think more players having her is a good thing if only for the simple fact that having them on both Red and Green sides during a battle is more fair, something that rarely happened before and is now common place.

I disagree, tier for tier, the Blys, and the Belfast are stronger than the Gremy IMO, as is the Nik, since she can't see tier 6's anymore.

Gremy is good, but without a decent team, she falls apart the fastest of the OP premiums, even with her long range (and slow) torpedoes, her gun traverse make it hard for her to do anything against multiple enemies and she lacks pure alpha like the Nik and Belfast. And the Blys has good torpedoes, more guns, and can more easily deal with 1vX situations than the gremy.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

They really need to put this thing on sale again, it seems everyone except me got one from those crates

Don't you get it? That's the sale.

Members
268 posts
4,012 battles

Don't you get it? That's the sale.

Nah, I got 20 of them in just 1 crate. Sorry if Im getting really salty after seeing so many posts on this ship

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I disagree, tier for tier, the Blys, and the Belfast are stronger than the Gremy IMO, as is the Nik, since she can't see tier 6's anymore.

Gremy is good, but without a decent team, she falls apart the fastest of the OP premiums, even with her long range (and slow) torpedoes, her gun traverse make it hard for her to do anything against multiple enemies and she lacks pure alpha like the Nik and Belfast. And the Blys has good torpedoes, more guns, and can more easily deal with 1vX situations than the gremy.

Hmmm, to each their own. Blys is fat, a large target and if you run up on people that can hit what they are shooting at this makes for a quick match. Regardless Grem is a T7 and has the benefit of being capped at T7 ships, imo if she is fighting anything other than a T7 she is essentially shooting down tiers. She does struggle with 1v1 Blyskawica, more than struggle but Grem doesn't see T9s or T8s. Grem doesn't struggle with Sims or Mahan, for that matter Kiev.

Personal preference I guess but... Grem is pretty damn strong at T5...

Edited by slak__

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

They really need to put this thing on sale again, it seems everyone except me got one from those crates

I mean, to be fair I blew an exorbitant amount of money on those damn crates. WG won this round.
Edited by goldeagle1123

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

What? Gremy doesn't give a damn about teams. It's literally a T5 DD that has the old even more OP VMF ammunition, great torpedoes, and levels of stealth firing that are comparable only to tier 9 and 10 destroyers. This ship is the definition of outright broken.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,667 battles

People need to play more Clemson and Izyaslav, they both melt the Gremy quite nicely.

16 point captian in my Clemson. :)

Sign in to follow this