Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
richie_macrophage

What premium ship would you like to see next purchasable by Free XP?

-  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What premium ship would you like to see that would be purchasable by Free XP?

• USS Enterprise
    • IJN Shinano
    • IJN Musashi
    • USS Alabama
    • USS Helena
    • IJN Zuikaku
    • IJN Kaga/Akagi
    • IJN Kitakami
    • USS Washington
    • HMS Hood
    • HMS Royal Oak
    • KMS Graf Zeppelin/Europa
    • USS William D Porter
    • IJN Ise
    • Other

34 comments in this topic

Members
952 posts
4,978 battles

With the introduction of the USS Missouri being purchasable by Free Experience, this is an interesting way to sell a premium ship.

Which ships would you like to be sold by Free EXP in the future?

Edited by TitanicMan2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Enterprise makes the most sense as she has T9 AA and planes.

[RLGN]
Members
19,120 posts
35,145 battles

Musahi.

Like Admiral Hipper, which I would skip and never buy, (if I even cared to go past Nurnburg in the KM cruiser line, that; and I have Prinz Eugen,) I will never get a Yamato.

If Musashi were offered, especially in its 'four Mogami style secondary turrets' early war configuation; I would pick that up in a heartbeat.

Second choice would be Enterprise.

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,680 posts
7,380 battles

Enterprise, Shinano, Akagi, Graf Zeppelin.

Also Other: Alaska-class Large Cruiser and Lexington-class Battlecruiser

Edited by Cruiser_SanJuan

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

HMS Hood. Would be nice to have something new for a change, a ship that currently doesn't have a tech tree version. Not to mention more affordable than tier 9.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

All of them! Teach WG that we can get ships we want w/o spending a penny on their game.

(In all seriousness, none. It is a ridiculous way of "selling" a ship)

• Cool 1

[COB45]
Members
1,011 posts
3,472 battles

I would love to see one of the K class German cruisers sold like this (mainly because I loved that ship) if not the USS Hawaii Alaska class battlecruiser because the Alaska will most likely come in the second US BB line.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,761 battles

U.S.S. Minnesota, BB-22.

Instead of being like the Mikasa, with crappy main (keyboard 1) guns, I'd like to see it more like a DD. With Key 1 being the 8" guns, and key 2 being 12" guns. That would help it fit into a tier 2, or 2.5 premium, over the Mikasa, as you'd be able to actually do stuff with those 8" guns being controllable. They could also just be fire-linked in with the 12" guns, and give them them a 30 second reload on all (strangely enough, the 8" guns have 1-2RPM, but the 12" guns have 2-3RPM.... but the 12" is newer by a considerable degree.)

U.S.S. Minnesota, CA-73

A Baltimore, 18 battle service stars...otherwise. Just want to get some Minnesota love in this game... possible gimmick, does better in harsh weather?

U.S.S. Minneapolis, CA-36

A New Orleans, 16 battle stars just in WW2, Coral Sea, Midway, Tassafaronga, Philipene Sea, Guam, Surigio Strait, mentioned in Mchale's Navy... Possible gimmick, bit better damage control/repair?

Edited by aether_tech

[RLGN]
Members
19,120 posts
35,145 battles

Lexington-class Battlecruiser

Early version Lexington Class carrier with it's 4x2 203mm guns available for normal/manual secondaries, or as a carrier with an actual Main Battery.

USS_Lexington_%28CV-2%29_1932.jpg

Members
952 posts
4,978 battles

Early version Lexington Class carrier with it's 4x2 203mm guns available for normal/manual secondaries, or as a carrier with an actual Main Battery.

USS_Lexington_%28CV-2%29_1932.jpg

Oh yes, this was a ship that I was thinking too

Members
136 posts
3,491 battles

How about USS Johnston, or Kidd? Doesn't seem too unlikely seeing as the latter already has a Naval Legends episode on the site.

Edited by Lynolius

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Personally I want SMS Göeben, one of the few warship that changed the fate of a nation.

Alternatively the French Richelieu class or the Italian Littorio class. 

Members
952 posts
4,978 battles

If you don't know the history of the USS Enterprise then you live under a larger rock than mine.

It was the most decorated US ship of WW2. It was a legendary aircraft carrier that fought from the beginning of WW2 to the end, sinking many ships. It met it's fate by having a Kamikaze crashing into it, blowing up the elevator. Enterprise was then repaired, but WW2 ended and Enterprise was obsolete, then it was scrapped.

Edited by TitanicMan2
  • Cool 1

Members
363 posts
6,572 battles

Most of these ships would be tier VIII and below, why would any of these ships listed be a free exp premium ship outside of Musashi, Shinano (If you mean her as a battleship,) and possibly Enteprise if she has Essex's planes? (Same could happen to Akagi or Kaga, just give either of them Taiho's planes to bump either up to IX)

Members
78 posts
9,382 battles

Because of the historical history first would be the HMS Hood. Second would be the Graf Zeppelin, because it was the first aircraft carrier Germany built, then was scuttled in early 1945. Third would be the IJN Battle ship carrier just because their was no other ship like her serving in any navy. Most wouldn't agree with this choice, but I chose them because of history, what could have been, and just plain whimsical from a naval point of view.

Sign in to follow this