Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Martin_NC

SO I was pissed about the Santa's Stash until I learned the secret.

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
834 posts
12,026 battles

The only ships on the list that I did not have already were:

Prinz Eugen

Lo Yang

Anshan

Imperator Nikolai

I bought an assortment of $1, $3 and $5 boxes (just a few of each except for 20x $1). Though the return on investment seemed higher with the $3 boxes I still got no ships. I was disgruntled since I kept reading posts about these huge hauls of ships.

So I vowed never to spend another dime on this game forever. About 30 minutes later I bought 5 $3 boxes and got an Anshan and 2 Lo Yangs (I think the second one got me around 9k doubloons but I am not sure).

This morning I bought 7x $3 boxes and got the Nikolai and a couple thousand doubloons. 

So yea, buy the $3 boxes. I still do not have the Prinz Eugen but I am ok with that.

I am waiting for the $22 Graf Spee now.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

The secret is that the roll is based at the time of transaction, not when you open them. Buying large bulks may mean getting the same ship from them multiple times. When buying for yourself at least. Not sure if it's the same when you buy for friends.

Edited by Excield

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

I have been buying around 5 at a time of the containers and I have not gotten any duplicates. Not sure if that confirms whether or not to buy small numbers. But i did buy one round of 20 crates and still didn't get a duplicate ship.

• Cool 1

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

I bought a batch of the $3 crates, and got Texas twice, and Arizona four times.  So, I got each ship obviously, but also a ton of doubloons as the duplicates payed out that way.  I also got to keep all the 10 point commanders too, it sent them to reserves. 

[B_O_W]
Members
131 posts
34,392 battles

WTH ... I click on the Santa button and get sent to the login screen.  I login and get sent to the Santa screen.  Click on a package and get sent back to the Santa screen.  Don't they want my money?

Beta Testers
761 posts
5,299 battles

The only ships on the list that I did not have already were:

Prinz Eugen

Lo Yang

Anshan

Imperator Nikolai

I bought an assortment of $1, $3 and $5 boxes (just a few of each except for 20x $1). Though the return on investment seemed higher with the $3 boxes I still got no ships. I was disgruntled since I kept reading posts about these huge hauls of ships.

So I vowed never to spend another dime on this game forever. About 30 minutes later I bought 5 $3 boxes and got an Anshan and 2 Lo Yangs (I think the second one got me around 9k doubloons but I am not sure).

This morning I bought 7x $3 boxes and got the Nikolai and a couple thousand doubloons. 

So yea, buy the $3 boxes. I still do not have the Prinz Eugen but I am ok with that.

I am waiting for the $22 Graf Spee now.

Missions do the exp the graf will be free if you do so. Also when the 22 buck graf comes out you should have the missions done. Again one mission counts dailies, flags, cammo, and any modifiers. I suggest doing 2 of the modifier missions and one of the base exp missions.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

The $3 boxes is DEFINITELY without a doubt in the world, the boxes were supposed to be buying.  Between my Uncle and I, we raked in about 20 Premium ships, 15,000 doubloons, 180 days premium, I got 200 Dragon flags and w/e other odds and ends im not thinking off at the moment.   Premium ships include: Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Atago, Texas, Atlanta, Emden, Blyskawica, among other ones which we got so many IDK the names of them all. 

The $5 boxes?  Yeah, Halloween Camo, Striped Camo, more striped camo, another set of halloween camo, a few useless signal flags.....nothing of any use.

Buy the the $3 boxes and PROFIT!!!!!

[EGSHQ]
Members
7 posts
1,043 battles

bought two 3$ boxes got junk /100% waste of money for me lol

Edited by am1sz
  • Cool 1

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

I bought 10 of the cheap ones 6 of the 3$ and 2 of the expensive

Of the cheap ones 3 were duplicate flags of the 3 $ 2 were duplicates .. no ships in any

[ATN]
Members
12 posts
9,553 battles

I got 10 ships, and only one came out of the $5 crate. In fact, the only good thing to come out of $5 crates were 180 days of premium and the Eugen. I stopped buying those. 

Members
97 posts
3,690 battles

I'm thinking either I'm the unluckiest person on the server or WG changed something, spent $45 and got 15 $3 boxes yesterday got 3x emden, waiting about 6 hours, spent $30 more and bought 10x $3 boxes and got nothing but camo and zulu flags. So for a total of $75 I received an emden,2400 doubloons and around 400 zulu flags and around 150 zulu hotel flags

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

WTH ... I click on the Santa button and get sent to the login screen.  I login and get sent to the Santa screen.  Click on a package and get sent back to the Santa screen.  Don't they want my money?

I had the same issue the other day. I closed out of both the internet browser and the game, and then reopened just the internet browser. It worked for me at that point. Good luck!

Members
1,267 posts
9,399 battles

So much for your "vows". What a pushover. :trollface:

Believe me, I know the feeling all too well, so it is with that sentiment I can relish in giving you raspberries.

Members
1,267 posts
9,399 battles

Oh, and by the way, I would have given much more to acquire the Nikolai and Gremmy. The gift boxes were a bargain by every measurement unless of course one were broke. Then that person should have a much different past-time, like looking for substantial paying work or improving their education instead of playing video games.

[B_O_W]
Members
131 posts
34,392 battles

I had the same issue the other day. I closed out of both the internet browser and the game, and then reopened just the internet browser. It worked for me at that point. Good luck!

Voila .... That did the trick.  Thanx for the info.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

The $1 have been largely Dragon flags for me, and camo.

$3 boxes produced Warspite and Marblehead.

Confirmation bias seems to indicate the $3 have the best premium ship chances

Sign in to follow this