Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GearaDoga

Nagato is just so utterly worthless...

64 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,750 posts
3,574 battles

Nagato's guns are accurate. Although I know your pain.

While I absolutely hated the Fusou, she's bloody inaccurate and can't hit the side of a damn barn from inside the barn, you have to be within 8km of the target to hit anything, but aiming above 12km? 13km? 14km? or even the mythical 18km that I so regularly snipe in with Kongou? Nah, your gunners are blind.

But yes, my Nagato's gunners are quite accurate actually:

S2mFlCf.jpg

No7W8qB.jpg

fGnM2xT.jpg

eICdWDH.jpg

It's not like she can't absolutely hit anything, she does hit, and rather hard too. At least in my experience, my Queen doesn't let enemies shoot at her and not take any punishment back.

~Hunter

[RAGE]
Beta Testers
223 posts
8,044 battles

It seems the OP is very, very firm about his finding and I think we should try to support him. If Nagato can't shoot a stationary target then I agree she is the worst ship, I suggest OP getting a Wyoming which has 2nd worst aim in game behind Nagato the absolutely worst that can't even hit a stationary target. That way OP could enjoy a much, much more accurate shooting experience, or, at least he may find out the real problem. I am serious - maybe OP isn't ready for T7 game. I doubt one would complain the ship if he gets Kraken every time.

Edited by even524

Beta Testers
65 posts
7,031 battles

This ship...  This absolutely worthless, garbage ship...

I'm on the verge of putting a fist clean through my monitor just trying to bear with this absolute floating garbage heap of a ship.

There's just absolutely nothing good about it.  There's nothing bad, either - it's all just so completely AWFUL.

The ship has absolutely no armour, it takes massive damage from everything that ever shoots it.  A bloody Takao just finished planting 10k+ AP salvos into this accursed thing from a solid 45* angle.  God forbid you should be shot at by any kind of Battleship - even the Tier 5's have more than enough power to completely ignore your armour from all angles.  T8/9 ships are guaranteed 30k+++ damage per shot no matter what.

And you know what?  I could even deal with that, if the thing had guns.  But oh, man.  These guns are actually somehow WORSE than the pathetic lack of armour.  They can't hit a target at any range.  Even beached, broadside, stationary targets are a no-go.  I just fired FIVE salvos directly at the Citadel of a beached, motionless, broadside Takao at a range of SIX KILOMETERS.  All but TWO shells missed the ship completely, and the two that hit were a bounce and a failure to penetrate.  The damned guns are just not worth firing, they're so inaccurate and so weak that you're just wasting credits to tickle the enemy.

Add to that the lacklustre AA load, the impressive but hilariously ineffective secondaries that still don't have the range to engage anything until well after you're already doomed...

What the hell, Wargaming?  Who amongst you thought that designing such a worthless waste of a ship was a good idea?!?

shot-17.01.01_22.53.26-0678.jpgshot-17.01.01_22.53.31-0668.jpgshot-17.01.01_22.53.38-0612.jpg

OP is obviously doing it wrong. The Fiji, Budyonny, and Marblehead were all one salvo deletions.

shot-17.01.01_22.53.26-0678.jpg

shot-17.01.01_22.53.31-0668.jpg

shot-17.01.01_22.53.38-0612.jpg

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,775 posts

I am having trouble Nagatoing because I am having trouble aiming.  At about 9-13km the shots pretty much hit where I aim them, at 13+ km the shots seem to consistently bracket my target - good if I want to scare them.  At less than 9km they pretty much pass through anything unless there is another BB around.   As I mostly COOP it is my aiming.

On a plus note it looks like 0.6.0 drops the B hull and renames the C hull as a B hull.  The weapon reload time has been reduced to 32s, but LTA seems to negate that a lot.

But I know what my issue with it is - I can't aim.  With fewer rounds for the RNGus to help me with, I am probably at about 15-25% hit rate with a 10-15% effective hit rate.  Just guessing but that's what it feels like.  That puts me at about 1/2 what I was getting in the Fuso which RNGus was kind with most games.

Members
2,694 posts
4,322 battles

I feel the op's pain in that my nagato hated me. Most misses were straddling a broadside target amidships and the next biggest group of misses were shots diving into the water at brawling ranges.

Then to make matters worse is that there were days when my nagato would shoot laser guided sledge hammers made for 98% pure Stalinium. Deleting t5 bbs like they were cruisers and gut punching t9 ships. Once I even heard one of the gunners say "over that cloud, between those returning bombers, off the that tree on the island... Nothing but citadel". Curious I pulled the trigger and sure enough dev strike against that Atlanta.

Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

I was horrible in the Nagato until I recently brought her back; now it's one of my favorite ships.

Her guns are plenty accurate, but you are going from 12 guns to 8, so you can't rely on scattering rounds into your target accidentally as often.

The trick about the armor is that the Nagato sees a lot of 16"-armed opponents, and those can't be bow-tanked. They will also do a lot more damage if you show too much citadel. It's basically in a different game than earlier tiers. But she handles a lot like a NC, has about the same level of vulnerability from the side, and angles about the same, so I've basically been playing her like I would a NC except without the bow-tanking against higher tiers (against lower tiers and germans, the Nagato still has adequate armor to bow-tank).

The two things you cannot do are:

1. sit still and bow-tank
  2. show your broadside

Other than that it's an agile BB, accurate enough to get occasional 20 km snipes, and it does grievous damage at 10-14km.  If you're having problems with it, they you are having problems.

Members
1,515 posts
7,728 battles

The Nagato fully upgraded is a beast and that 12 inches of belt armor is plenty provided you keep it relatively angled.  The turrets and barbettes are just armored to galore as well and they seem to bounce a lot of hits for me.  The guns are accurate and very hard hitting even at extreme ranges, it turns well and has decent speed.  The turrets turn fairly fast and the reload speed of 32 seconds is manageable.   The secondaries are also quite powerful as well.

It's a deadly machine in my opinion and quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

If you show a broadside to a Nagato at pretty much any range, prepare to get smacked hard.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

Nagato is the first all or nothing armored IJN battleship. Welcome to the USN BB's pain train. You are covered in squishy unarmored and unimportant sections that deal 33% damage to AP hits.

Members
1,515 posts
7,728 battles

Nagato is the first all or nothing armored IJN battleship. Welcome to the USN BB's pain train. You are covered in squishy unarmored and unimportant sections that deal 33% damage to AP hits.

Except it has a huge HP pool, it has decent top speed, it has good rudder shift, it's turrets turn well and it's accurate lol... pretty much what the USN BB's are not except they have the crap armor as well.

But yeah I agree with you on the soft armor aspect and it being the bane of the USN coupled with all the other stuff they suck at which is pretty much everything but AA.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

[NJORD]
Members
92 posts
9,274 battles

This ship...  This absolutely worthless, garbage ship...

I'm on the verge of putting a fist clean through my monitor just trying to bear with this absolute floating garbage heap of a ship.

There's just absolutely nothing good about it.  There's nothing bad, either - it's all just so completely AWFUL.

The ship has absolutely no armour, it takes massive damage from everything that ever shoots it.  A bloody Takao just finished planting 10k+ AP salvos into this accursed thing from a solid 45* angle.  God forbid you should be shot at by any kind of Battleship - even the Tier 5's have more than enough power to completely ignore your armour from all angles.  T8/9 ships are guaranteed 30k+++ damage per shot no matter what.

And you know what?  I could even deal with that, if the thing had guns.  But oh, man.  These guns are actually somehow WORSE than the pathetic lack of armour.  They can't hit a target at any range.  Even beached, broadside, stationary targets are a no-go.  I just fired FIVE salvos directly at the Citadel of a beached, motionless, broadside Takao at a range of SIX KILOMETERS.  All but TWO shells missed the ship completely, and the two that hit were a bounce and a failure to penetrate.  The damned guns are just not worth firing, they're so inaccurate and so weak that you're just wasting credits to tickle the enemy.

Add to that the lacklustre AA load, the impressive but hilariously ineffective secondaries that still don't have the range to engage anything until well after you're already doomed...

What the hell, Wargaming?  Who amongst you thought that designing such a worthless waste of a ship was a good idea?!?

​Before I got the Bizmarck, the Nagato was my favorite go to BB in my collection, even more than my Iowa and North Carolina.

If you upgrade her right, and play her right, the Nagato is a beast, and is one of the few tier 7 ships that can still be effective at tier 9, because of her reasonable speed, great accuracy, and pretty good secondary armament.

While I wouldn't recommend it, unless you have no choice, the Nagato can take out an Iowa, as long as your smart, patient, wait for him to show you his broadside, while angling your ship. I've sunk an Iowa a few times in my Nagato, and have been sunk, and citadeled in my Iowa, by Nagato players, when I wasn't paying attention, and exposed my big juicy broadside to them. 

Nagato worthless? Hell no. 

Members
6 posts
5,815 battles

So i read this post and got the Nagato anyway. Stock hull was just rough. Dispersion felt off and i was hitting targets for non-damaging penetrations regularly. Then I unlocked the B hull and life is a lot easier, 20 km BB citadels and better overall damage. 

the important part i missed in this forum post was the mention that the stock hull was being reworked and if i waited 3 days i could have saved myself a lot of pain. 

[SAA]
Alpha Tester
6 posts
5,935 battles

I agree with OP. I have had similar accuracy issues. My experiences with the previous tiers of IJN BBs was much better. I think the ship is crap. So many volleys straddle targets is very frustrating. For those users that post that its OP's fault I disagree. Perhaps post some pointers and help the OP utilize the ship better.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,073 battles

From experience.  When you fire a full (all turrets/guns) salvo, the dispersion is much better than if you do ripple fire or 2 and 2 turrets.  Nagato is still the best BB at the tier (Scharnhorst is an odd duck).

[AXANR]
Members
85 posts
2,778 battles

Nagato is weak. It recieves too much Damage from AP.

And it is not thata ccurate either to at least be able to give same back to other BB's

Another example of IJN weaknesses...

Sometimes I can do well with her, but it is a matter of luck and circumstance. Scores/Stats with this or any other ship in this game are very subjective and siatuational and not proof or basis of the effectvinmess of a ship really..unless a very different curve is observed overall.

Is there some kind of Addon out there that tell one where exactly to aim or something that people use? Because it seems like everyone shooting me in my Nagato scores maximum damage and I am not showing broadaside here now not a newbie.  So either that or I am really unlucky player...

I Raised Tier 9 to US BB's tier VII to IJN and Tier VII to German BB's...she is weak for some reason..I hope Amagi is better...I hear Izumo is not good (still) so I willl skip it all together with Free XP etc...

Edited by Suraknar

Sign in to follow this