You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Atom_Alchemist

Odd suspicion the santa boxxes are rigged

25 comments in this topic

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,023 posts

I have a od suspicion the santa boxxes are rigged to favor premium player with premium ships, while screwing over non premium players.

my reasoning behind this is simple, i purchased 3 3 usd boxes and 2 5usd boxes while non premium, i receive CAMMOS EVERY SINGLE TIME.

i then used some dubloons i had saved up, to purchase 24 hours of premium, and i thought why the [edited]not, i'm broke as [edited]anyways, so i purchased 3 more 3 dollar boxes, adn low adn behold, 2 premium ships, and cammos.

so i would be interested, to those who spent loads of cash on teh boxxes and ended up with premium ships, were you on premium acocunts?

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

I purchased 6 $5 boxes, got camo x4 and the ichhy zucchini x2.

Bought 11 $3 boxes, got Emden x1, 90 days premium x1, dragon flags x1, dabloons x1, camo x7.

I was not a premium player when any of the 3 ships dropped.

Members
573 posts
1,465 battles

hence why i'm REQUESTING MORE DATA you dip

which is nothing more than having to sate your confirmation bias towards your speculation that prem account users have better rates. 

Besides, there is already a thread dedicated to players who opened the santa boxes so i dont see why a new thread is needed to request for more data when the data is already there.

Members
79 posts
7,774 battles

Well, I have a premium account and didn't do great the first set of of crates I got-a Warspite and Arizona. I did get 180 days of premium and a bunch of doubloons as well and a gazillion camos. I gave it one last shot today with 5 $1 containers, which gave me flags and 500 gold. The 5 $5 dollar containers after that though gave me what I wanted-a Gremy and as a bonus a Prinz Eugen. I can now lay it to rest. I'd stay away form the Admiral crates and go with the $5 crates as the best value. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

hence why i'm REQUESTING MORE DATA you dip

Check the WoWS reddit since I think they actually calculated different averages on what you can gain from the boxes.

Remember that the boxes themselves are still chance boxes in itself.  Not everybody will get ships from every box they open, though I've gotten kinda lucky with my boxes (for the most part, though I have had some duds).

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Just buy the boxes individually. I think the roll on what ship you get is decided at the time of transaction. You might end up getting multiple copies of the same ship if all you do is buy in bulk... Trust me, I bought 50 3-USD boxes in 3 transactions, I get multiple Ishizuchis and Endems. I buy 10 of the same boxes 1 by 1, in 10 transactions, I get a Gremmy and a Nikolai.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

Just buy the boxes individually. I think the roll on what ship you get is decided at the time of transaction. You might end up getting multiple copies of the same ship if all you do is buy in bulk... Trust me, I bought 50 3-USD boxes in 3 transactions, I get multiple Ishizuchis and Endems. I buy 10 of the same boxes 1 by 1, in 10 transactions, I get a Gremmy and a Nikolai.

This!  I learned this after also getting duplicate garbage.  I bought two $5 boxes...and got crap.  I bought another two $5 boxes...and one of them was a Mikhail Kutuzov :D.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

It's how gambling works, some people are lucky and get a low chance win, many people aren't.

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

U spent $200.00?  For $396.00 u could buy all the premium ships.

Beta Testers
577 posts
18,906 battles

It's not fair!  I never get any premium ship I don't already have!

Dude, don't you like have like ALL of them?

STFU!  I'm ranting here, reason has nothing to do with it!

I'm not sharing my espresso with you ever again dude.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

which is nothing more than having to sate your confirmation bias towards your speculation that prem account users have better rates. 

Besides, there is already a thread dedicated to players who opened the santa boxes so i dont see why a new thread is needed to request for more data when the data is already there.

Those other treads dont mention premium accts that why.

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,541 battles

I have a od suspicion the santa boxxes are rigged to favor premium player with premium ships, while screwing over non premium players.

my reasoning behind this is simple, i purchased 3 3 usd boxes and 2 5usd boxes while non premium, i receive CAMMOS EVERY SINGLE TIME.

i then used some dubloons i had saved up, to purchase 24 hours of premium, and i thought why the [edited]not, i'm broke as [edited]anyways, so i purchased 3 more 3 dollar boxes, adn low adn behold, 2 premium ships, and cammos.

so i would be interested, to those who spent loads of cash on teh boxxes and ended up with premium ships, were you on premium acocunts?

Seems fair though there are people who have spent a fortune on this game and it would be fair to award them more for what they have given to this game. I wont complain its those people who keep the developers paid.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I did get a bunch of camos, flags and 15k~ doubloons, so it wasn't all that bad. I did give up getting the Nikolai after that, but I succumbed and tried buying them individually to prove a theory I've gotten based on some comments. It proved effective, as this time I only bought 10 boxes to get BOTH the Gremmy and the Nikolai.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

You could not get the Gremy or Nikolai from that bundle. Hence why people are spending crazy cash on the containers.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles

Ive had premium account for about a year,bought 4 premium ships plus a bunch of Dabloons , bought 15 santa containers.. all of them  was pretty much usless for what I wanted 

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,625 battles

It's kind of rigged towards players with premium ships, that is, those premium ships that are the rewards. So if you have an emden and izisuchi, you are going to get other premium ships. If you're going to be spending serious money on these boxes, it might be cost effective to just buy the emden and izisuchi from the premium shop before you unload your wallet. If you have all but the t8 premiums that these boxes reward, you will get nothing but t8 premiums (plus the elusive gremy / nikolai) when you do get a ship drop.