Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Combined_Fleet_HQ

Z-46

6 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

well I caved in at the Gaede, it was very infuriating to work with and the bottom tier matchups were killing my enthusiasm. Tis the season to be jolly so I went used my huge store of doubloons to get all the way up to the IX and I gotta say...not bad.

The detection bloom is still annoying to deal with but the ship is rather manageable:

• I feel like 50k dmg is a consistent point you can reach w/o issue.
  • The arcs are pretty solid, great to see 2-5k salvos with AP, the 7% fire chance isn't so bad with the RoF, can raise it 10% (11 w/ flags) but AFT is a must for me
  • detection radius is very small (15pt capt and mods/camo clock it in at ~5.7 5.9km),
  • actually been able to shoot down X planes while in smoke 
  • 90 sec torps, feel quicker than that tbh, 10km is fine for me    

smoke screen does need time to get used to but from the 5 battles I played (I know not much to go off of :facepalm:) I don't hate it :hmm:

I do want to try the VIII and the 150s in dual turrets but not great on credits so uh...darn

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

detection radius is very small (15pt capt and mods/camo clock it in at ~5.7km),

Are you sure it's 5.7? Fletcher has a smaller base detection radius, and with CE, mods, and camo, i can only get it down to 5.8km. 

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

Are you sure it's 5.7? Fletcher has a smaller base detection radius, and with CE, mods, and camo, i can only get it down to 5.8km. 

whoops. actually 5.9km will correct that. thx
Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

One thing i want to know is how they do against USN DDs. They seem to have similar concealment, similar ROF and similar HP. So can they successfully beat a USN DD in a cap fight? 

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

One thing i want to know is how they do against USN DDs. They seem to have similar concealment, similar ROF and similar HP. So can they successfully beat a USN DD in a cap fight? 

from what I've seen its really a matter of circumstance...

• KM DDs hold the advantage at range so the farther the distance, the harder it is for the USN DD.
  • Due to their arcs and pen, KM AP can actually score some great full penetration broadsides. This is especially more prevalent against the Gearing and Khab due to their thicker/bigger hulls
  • The fletchers I've faced prefer to smoke up but that gimmicky hydro can turn that advantage into a disadvantage rather quickly
  • One downside is the detection bloom on the Z-46 which means enemy cruisers or other dds can keep you lit allowing a USN DD in smoke to continue firing

I would argue that in a one-on-one the KM DD holds the higher ground but its ability to be detected at ranges of 13km limit it in what it can do and possibly force a smoke of its own

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Thanks for this. I'm on T-22 and halting, hoping they will buff them.

Sign in to follow this