Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grizley

That moment when you load into a T5 battle in a Gremy

22 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

I have no idea why this thing isn't permanently for sale, it rebalances CV and BB like nobodies business. :trollface:

Merry Christmas and thanks WG!

w7ae2GV.jpg

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,124 battles

*sigh*  :(

I was really hoping for a Gremy.  I have been wanting her since OBT.  Perhaps next time...

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

*sigh*  :(

I was really hoping for a Gremy.  I have been wanting her since OBT.  Perhaps next time...

I hear they come in the 1$ boxes, so that might up your odds if you don't care about getting a 3$ Tirpitz or something.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

That ship honestly does not care what tier it gets into.

It doesn't, but at T7 you'll see Blys, which is like the Gremys bigger better knifefighting brother.  At T5 no two DDs can take it so you can just run wild and carry a bad team.  

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Working as intended.

"Nikolai and Gremy will not be sold again" -WG

Technically they haven't sold them.  

They sold a present, which might possibly be a Gremy or Nikolai.  They gave them away too.   It's a pretty fine line but they haven't outright sold them yet.

[-K_P-]
Members
545 posts
3,883 battles

I hear they come in the 1$ boxes, so that might up your odds if you don't care about getting a 3$ Tirpitz or something.

Atagos can come in $5 boxes and $3 boxes

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I wouldn't call her Op just yet. Sure you had a great game, but it will start to run down the more battles you play in her. To me, Gramy is just like any other tier 5 D. Nothing more

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Atagos can come in $5 boxes and $3 boxes

Yeah, I think the 1$ boxes can only have the T5 and below ships.  So Nik, Gremy, Emden, Marblehead, Itchy.  Not sure if there are any others.  So it might be better odds than 3$ boxes that include all the T6-8 ships.  Unless you want those higher tier ships anyway.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

I wouldn't call her Op just yet. Sure you had a great game, but it will start to run down the more battles you play in her. To me, Gramy is just like any other tier 5 D. Nothing more

Just another DD, nothing to see here.  Move along.

C9iFHoi.jpg

Even with the MM throwing you in T7 games most of the time, it's anything but just another DD.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,147 battles

As someone who had gremy since she was added in CBT. Gremy is not op, she's just a relic of a time when minekaze had 10 km torps and the nicholas had better guns. For that era gremy was a perfect middle ground. Key word is WAS, nich got altered a bit and minekaze... well we all know what happened to that. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Working as intended.

"Nikolai and Gremy will not be sold again" -WG

Not to be sold, but I went ahead and got me a $3. box after all the other $5. and $3 ones from yesterday, and it had a Gremy in it.  :)

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,937 battles

I just got mine and its so great.

I have had Nikolai since it first came out and Gremy is so much more OP. It lacks any genuine vulnerability.

[TOEU]
Beta Testers
135 posts
27,192 battles

As someone that has owned a Gremy since CBT it is OP in a support role and is able to invisible fire and torp from concealment but on the other side of the coin I know for a fact that in a 1 on 1 knife fight a b hull Nicolas will take it apart in short order if the driver has half a clue. With that said I love mine and wouldn't give it up for anything!

Members
564 posts
670 battles

E1FLxVE.jpg

Then you see the distribution of XP

Edited by this_might_be_slak__

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,937 battles

A phenomenon of being a Gremy that I'm quickly getting to know:

You get shot at by everything, sometimes even when its at long range and there is a nearby friendly shooting at the guy shooting at me.

In a match, a few VI's but otherwise a tier V battle. Ryujo sends his entire air wing at me 3 times, gets 1 bomb hit total. Second strike got me in hot water due to getting shot at by a whole gang of ships while going evasive near a B cap. Made a good score, for extra funtage I happened upon the CV and sank him, but mainly this was a roflstomp win because the CV did nothing but try to snipe a DD (me) anytime I was spotted, and basically did nothing else.

Have had matches where I had lackluster damage and kills, but my team won easily at least partially because the entire enemy team shot at me, however distant or unlikely, at every opportunity. Reminds me of what used to happen to Clevelands while they were OP back when their main guns benefited from BFT/AFT.

Beta Testers
81 posts
1,636 battles

It doesn't, but at T7 you'll see Blys, which is like the Gremys bigger better knifefighting brother.  At T5 no two DDs can take it so you can just run wild and carry a bad team.

except when you busy manhandling 5 of enemy ships on one flank alone and suddenly you get you the last hope literally 10 mins into the game and only enemy ships dead are ones you sunk. Than you cant carry the team

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,184 posts
30,938 battles

Fast, maneuverable RU Gunboat DD.

Great, accurate guns at range.

8km torpedoes for a Tier V RU DD.  Tech Tree RU DDs don't get 8km until Tier VIII Tashkent.  Premium Tier VII Leningrad gets long range torps but she faces up to Tier IX competition.  Tier VIII Tashkent can deal with Tier X.

Takes the weaknesses of Gnevny and "Makes them go away."

As a Tier V, Gremyaschy faces up to Tier VII competition.  This "Tier V Seal" is not your ordinary seal.

Sign in to follow this