You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Man_Hammer

Wow The Kawachi?

17 comments in this topic

Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

I wanted to try an aircraft carrier so went the japanese line and have to say this ship is terrible.  Are there any tips to help with this ship that has zero torps but 5 guns that take 20 some seconds to reload????   wow this ship is the noticeably worst one so far.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

Well I call it the Kawouchie for a reason

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

I wanted to try an aircraft carrier so went the japanese line and have to say this ship is terrible.  Are there any tips to help with this ship that has zero torps but 5 guns that take 20 some seconds to reload????   wow this ship is the noticeably worst one so far.

Yeah, the tier 3 Kawachi and her American equivalent, the South Carolina are both very "special" boats.  Short ranged, slow and with vertical dispersion levels that feel downright punitive, they really do not do the Battleship line many favours.  The IJN Battleship line doesn't really start to feel competitive until the tier 5 Kongo (which is an amazing ship).  This starts a long series of excellent vessels.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

If your complaint is "No Torps, long reloads", never continue along the Battleship Lines. Just keep pushing for CV and forget it.

BBs are all about hitting hard, taking a beating and wrecking face.

Those guns hit as hard as torps do.

The Tier 3s are also a special level of ow [and so is the IJN T4 BB (Well, it got a lot better than how it used to be in CBT; but it's still ...not too fun.)]

Edited by AirshipCanon

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

Yeah, the tier 3 Kawachi and her American equivalent, the South Carolina are both very "special" boats.  Short ranged, slow and with vertical dispersion levels that feel downright punitive, they really do not do the Battleship line many favours.  The IJN Battleship line doesn't really start to feel competitive until the tier 5 Kongo (which is an amazing ship).  This starts a long series of excellent vessels.

I almost stopped the line till I got the Kongo.  Love that ship

Beta Testers
425 posts
7,912 battles

If your complaint is "No Torps, long reloads", never continue along the Battleship Lines. Just keep pushing for CV and forget it.

BBs are all about hitting hard, taking a beating and wrecking face.

Those guns hit as hard as torps do.

The Tier 3s are also a special level of ow [and so is the IJN T4 BB (Well, it got a lot better than how it used to be in CBT; but it's still ...not too fun.)]

But I did miss this part of the post.  Forgot the no torps bit.  Yah ummm. 

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

I almost stopped the line till I got the Kongo.  Love that ship

I suppose there's a reason you  can bloody well have 5 of them.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

The Kawachi, yea, get thru it with all the pain and suffering it entails.

The Myogi is the training wheels for the Kongo. Suffer though it and don't expect good results, the guns while big, are inaccurate and few in number.

The Kongo is the ship that clubs baby seals and tier 7's with equal enthusiasm, as long as you're a good shot.

The Fuso is not like the Kongo, it's slow, and made out of guns, aiming is a suggestion, but not entirely required.

The Nagato is like a cross between the Fuso and the Kongo. If your accurate, it will work wonders. If you're not, you'll suffer.

The Amagi is like a bigger and meaner Kongo, just everything around you is bigger and meaner.

The Izumo is the training wheels for the Yamato, it drives like one without the punch, most people hate it.

The Yamato is ponderous, slow, and has slow turrets, anything you get a good hit on with those guns is going to feel it, and your secondaries can shoot anyone in the neighboring post code..

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

...or, buy the Scharnhorst.  It has 20 sec reloads AND torps!

:read_fish:

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

...or, buy the Scharnhorst.  It has 20 sec reloads AND torps!

:read_fish:

I said lines.

That Premium is a huge exception to the rules.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

The Kawachi, yea, get thru it with all the pain and suffering it entails.

The Myogi is the training wheels for the Kongo. Suffer though it and don't expect good results, the guns while big, are inaccurate and few in number.

The Kongo is the ship that clubs baby seals and tier 7's with equal enthusiasm, as long as you're a good shot.

The Fuso is not like the Kongo, it's slow, and made out of guns, aiming is a suggestion, but not entirely required.

The Nagato is like a cross between the Fuso and the Kongo. If your accurate, it will work wonders. If you're not, you'll suffer.

The Amagi is like a bigger and meaner Kongo, just everything around you is bigger and meaner.

The Izumo is the training wheels for the Yamato, it drives like one without the punch, most people hate it.

The Yamato is ponderous, slow, and has slow turrets, anything you get a good hit on with those guns is going to feel it, and your secondaries can shoot anyone in the neighboring post code..

I felt the Nagato is extremely good training for the Yamato.  Especially with AFT.  Most of what I learned with her has made me into an awesome hunter.

Myogi was pretty crappy.  I mean as a premium it would be nice (gimmick=cruiser like dispersion).  I rebought it recently as I know how to play BB now...

It's still a piece of garbage, but I can do 40-50k damage in it as opposed to 10-30k back then.

If I could have chosen to continue playing the Kawachi instead I would most likely had.