You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Noob questions

10 comments in this topic

Members
135 posts
20,721 battles

I have purchased several Premium ships and generate a lot of XP. I can't see that I have a lot of options to upgrade my ship. So what do I do with all the ship XP? I see I can convert to free XP (via lots of doubloons), but what can I do with free XP thereafter? Not understanding the value of ship XP with Premium ships.

Some consumables repeatedly say "Available" and don't cost anything each time I take out ship. Why is this?

I have earned radar through Containers, but when I go to find  it in consumables list I don't/cannot see it. It never seems to be available as an option. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

When you get free exp, you can use that on anything, regardless of how you got it. (for example, if I convert the ship exp on my Murmansk to free exp, I can use that to research the modules on my New Orleans). 

If they're available, that means that there is no cost to replenish them after battle, and therefore they're always listed as available, instead of showing a credit cost.

Radar is only available on a couple ships, AFAIK only the New Orleans, Baltimore, Des Moines, Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, and Moskva can use it.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

When you get free exp, you can use that on anything, regardless of how you got it. (for example, if I convert the ship exp on my Murmansk to free exp, I can use that to research the modules on my New Orleans). 

If they're available, that means that there is no cost to replenish them after battle, and therefore they're always listed as available, instead of showing a credit cost.

Radar is only available on a couple ships, AFAIK only the New Orleans, Baltimore, Des Moines, Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, and Moskva can use it.

Newp, Belfast, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Missouri use radar as well.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Free xp is used to research and upgrade tech tree ships, so it's very, very useful. Consumables have a base availability, you can use credits or doubloons to increase the amount, from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. If you have extra level 2 consumables, and have resupply enabled, it will automatically re-up them without you needing to do anything. I advise against this. Use what you need to use, not what looks pretty, otherwise you'll be paying for it when you really do need them.

Also, as a rule, I don't advise either buying premiums or playing them until you know more about the game.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

I believe the UK CAs T8-10 have radar as well, but only as an alternative to smoke.

Correct--but apparently it's tough to make that work, and since they come with hydro anyway, radar is not necessarily as useful except to flush out dds from their smoke clouds.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

You really aren't doing yourself any favors by buying premiums when you really haven't even learned much about the game yet...

Play the teirs, learn the game, then worry about premiums.

WG loves you though....:teethhappy:

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

I would add the caveat that if your premiums are the Emden or Diana, or Aurora, you are fine. It is my policy not to play a premium until I have played a line up to that tier.  A lesson I learned in WOT getting my butt kicked.

As far as containers, no you cannot use radar yet. You can pull lots of stuff out of them which you cannot use immediately. They are in your inventory and you will find them useful eventually. Or you can sell them when depots come out.