You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
madmikey77

Bastion

32 comments in this topic

[PSV]
Members
536 posts
22,368 battles

If you want me to play tier 10, please revert the frequency back to what it used to be. This mode has become far more common with the new patch. It blows. Get rid of it.

• Cool 5

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Also, is it just me, or do some of the forts have double turrets now? I could dodge single shells, but dodging multiple is harder. 

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Members
536 posts
22,368 battles

they really need to nerf that fort thing, it kills destroyers faster than enemy cruisers 

It's nearly impossible to play Bastion as a DD. The forts are super-accurate and do a ton of damage. You can't push at all. I don't know why they saw a need to change the mode. It was already unpopular.
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Also, is it just me, or do some of the forts have double turrets now? I could dodge single shells, but dodging multiple is harder. 

It's not you. In the patch notes and the video they said they updated some of the forts and locations do the forts.

[RSRC]
Beta Testers
1,258 posts
9,265 battles

Seems like WG is tired of just removing all the terrible game modes they come up with and is instead standing their ground and doubling down. 

Which sucks because I absolutely despise this game mode. 

• Cool 1

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

... its my favorite game mode... i understand that im a minority but im really glad that i get to see it more often...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,739 battles

I personally love this game mode... It's so different from the others which are basically all deathmatch with cap points in different configurations.

The only thing I would suggest is make it so the forts could be tiered down in, HP, Range,Accuracy, and Firepower depending on the tier that the battle is. This would allow it to be at more tier's then just tier 10.

If more people are familiar with It I think it will do better.

It would also be nice if there were more types of structures then just forts and observation posts.

• Cool 2

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I love it because it discourages camping or stealth gameplay.

It also ends battles faster, so the ships in battle can be re-used again sooner.

My only wish is that they varied it up some with military airports providing ground-based aircraft attacks as well as some bases instead using hydro instead of radar (such as small area chokepoints to inhibit stealth torping in those areas).

• Cool 1

Members
268 posts
4,012 battles

Anything that makes DD lives harder is okay in my book.

actually, it only makes DDs who can't contest points harder. In fact, the simplest solution is just to not cap at all and then your entire team lose by default.
  • Cool 1

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

actually, it only makes DDs who can't contest points harder. In fact, the simplest solution is just to not cap at all and then your entire team lose by default.

Either way, if it discourages DD players it can only help the MM get back to a better balance of ships in the que and I'm happy about it.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

... its my favorite game mode... i understand that im a minority but im really glad that i get to see it more often...

Well im in the minority with you, because I love bastion. Even when I'm in my Gearing. But it's not just rough for DDs, it's also rough for RN CLs.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Well im in the minority with you, because I love bastion. Even when I'm in my Gearing. But it's not just rough for DDs, it's also rough for RN CLs.

You're not in the minority, CoD kiddies who can't figure out how to play a given game mode are. Basically there are those of us who can figure out how to shoot a stationary fort and there are those like OP, who complain on the forums instead.

• Cool 1

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Anything that makes DD lives harder is okay in my book.

Definitely sensing a bias here. 

Either way, if it discourages DD players it can only help the MM get back to a better balance of ships in the que and I'm happy about it.

It makes me laugh whenever someone complains about the number of DDs in the MM, when there are just as many or even more BBs in every single game. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I love the bastion mode! waaaaay better than the Epicenter. friggin' hate that mode..:angry:

I agree, epicenter is THE worst. 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,046 battles

It would be good if it weren't for the forts that are deadlier than a Yamato to every ship. They have way too much range. With USN DDs and these forts you cannot complain when your battleships choose to stay far away. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
108 posts
4,770 battles

I have tier 8 and played my NC quite a lot but I have NEVER encountered this bastion mode. How often is it in the rotation since this is supposed to be for t8-10 only.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

All I can say is, thanks to Bastion I won one with my Roon.  Those forts, good greif. And why did they change the north map?

Beta Testers
39 posts
16,727 battles

Had a few games where the forts would have 4-5 kills was kinda funny really but those forts are just little op maybe. I  made the mistake thinking i would be able to cap without being a big problem but i was mistaken ended up leaving me with 700 health. Fun times

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

The turrets on North have triples.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Bastion isn't a bad mode in itself.  In fact, I like the concept.  The iteration of it on Atlantic was pretty good.

The implementation of it on Hotspot in particular, however, is pure cancer.  The idea of having forts start under one side's control to begin with is a stupid one, to understate it severely.  Haven't seen the version on North, but if the forts don't start as neutrals there too, then the same thing is going to happen.  The forts should be objectives to take, not obstacles for teams.  The advantages in supporting firepower and spotting that they provide shouldn't be handed out, they should be earned.

• Cool 1

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Bastion isn't a bad mode in itself.  In fact, I like the concept.  The iteration of it on Atlantic was pretty good.

The implementation of it on Hotspot in particular, however, is pure cancer.  The idea of having forts start under one side's control to begin with is a stupid one, to understate it severely.  Haven't seen the version on North, but if the forts don't start as neutrals there too, then the same thing is going to happen.  The forts should be objectives to take, not obstacles for teams.  The advantages in supporting firepower and spotting that they provide shouldn't be handed out, they should be earned.

It's not so much that it's bad for forts to be handed out at the beginning, it's more that the maps and game modes weren't designed for it.

If you had an asymmetrical objective oriented mode, then sure, it would work. But for a symmetric domination+ mode.....no.

Edited by issm