You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Orrin

Graf Spee Hype!

28 comments in this topic

Members
836 posts
5,480 battles

Greetings Fellow captains,

I know a bunch of us are bummed out due to the way WG is deciding to sell the Graf. If we want to earn it, were going to have to wait an eternity. I think that instead of just moping about it, we should get hyped! We are still going to get the Graf Spee, FOR FREE!!! I was getting ready to spend money on it, but now I don't have to. I could maybe buy the Scharnhorst while it's on sale, or premium time, or somthing that isn't virtual. Sure this deal isn't the best, but we should still be excited! WERE GETTING THE GRAF SPEE!!!!

So what makes you guys hyped for the Graf Spee? How are you going to have a blast in it when you get it? LET'S GET HYPED!!!! :izmena:

Edited by Sir_Orrin
  • Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
16,496 posts
10,221 battles

I'm really really really HAPPY I'm getting Graf Spee for free, thank you very much WGSanta!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,122 battles

How are we getting it for free? Free to me means "No work" and that means "No campaign". Do you mean the campaign as free?

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

How are we getting it for free? Free to me means "No work" and that means "No campaign". Do you mean the campaign as free?

Pretty sure the OP means free as in "We don't have to pay for it in cash", we're just having casual conversations here, not writing books where everything needs to be perfectly explained :teethhappy:

Members
836 posts
5,480 battles

If it was specific tasks, I would call it work, but just getting xp? that's just playing the game. So I'm considering this one "free".

[SALVO]
Members
16,496 posts
10,221 battles

You know, breathing isn't free. You need to burn some calories to do it.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Free as in you don't have to pay a penny to get her. And it's no work because you get her just for playing normally and not having to put any effort in. And if playing normally is too hard for you, then that's honestly kind of sad on your part. If a store is giving out free guns to people for coming down and being the first 100 people in line, they're still free even though you actually had to get your lazy self out of bed and drive down to the store. But you're the type of person that says it's not free because your lazy self actually had to put in some effort to put your shoes on and drive down to the store. It's no different that this. You're getting a ship for free for playing normally. It's really no effort at all.

• Cool 2

Members
1,870 posts
20,653 battles

I'm hyped...here I was all ready to spend real money for a ship I wanted. So imagine my joy to find out I can have it with just my normal daily play. I've wanted that ship since first joining the game so waiting a few weeks more is no big deal. I was never interested in the Santa's convoy thing but I'll still have time to get the only thing there that I can use, the 10pt captain. I either have the ships or have had them and let them go.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Free as in you don't have to pay a penny to get her. And it's no work because you get her just for playing normally and not having to put any effort in. And if playing normally is too hard for you, then that's honestly kind of sad on your part. If a store is giving out free guns to people for coming down and being the first 100 people in line, they're still free even though you actually had to get your lazy self out of bed and drive down to the store. But you're the type of person that says it's not free because your lazy self actually had to put in some effort to put your shoes on and drive down to the store. It's no different that this. You're getting a ship for free for playing normally. It's really no effort at all.

3KUvrQ8_zps1e4fdjec.gif
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,122 battles

Pretty sure the OP means free as in "We don't have to pay for it in cash", we're just having casual conversations here, not writing books where everything needs to be perfectly explained :teethhappy:

I'm just one of those people who need all the info. You could say my IQ is comparable to that of Peter Griffin.

Well, um, okay? I don't really care about all the other unimportant writings you included, I would have rather you put the bold piece and left it at that. The underlined part is of no use but an insult. 

Actually, having missions like that increases my stress, and causes me to strive to do better when playing casually gets me better results. I don't have all the time in the world, mind you. The 106k game in my Gneisenau just now was a product of my relaxation. Other previous other 39k fails were due to stress at trying desperately to do good. 

Am I truly lazy though?

We're both sitting at Computers typing this, you know nothing about me, and I none about you, so I couldn't really say we're both lazy, or both not, or one more or less lazy than the other. On my part, I'm overtly and acutely determined. I've gotten both ARP Hiei and ARP Haguro in one day, and that wasn't a Christmas event. I also managed to gather all the experience needed (but not the final game) to get ARP Nachi in 5 days at 2 hours per day. So no, I personally wouldn't consider myself lazy.

Now, I'm going to continue to get the final 20k EXP and as many of the conditions for Graf Spee in this single day as humanly possible, if you have no objections.

Members
836 posts
5,480 battles

I'm just one of those people who need all the info. You could say my IQ is comparable to that of Peter Griffin.

Well, um, okay? I don't really care about all the other unimportant writings you included, I would have rather you put the bold piece and left it at that. The underlined part is of no use but an insult. 

Actually, having missions like that increases my stress, and causes me to strive to do better when playing casually gets me better results. I don't have all the time in the world, mind you. The 106k game in my Gneisenau just now was a product of my relaxation. Other previous other 39k fails were due to stress at trying desperately to do good. 

Am I truly lazy though?

We're both sitting at Computers typing this, you know nothing about me, and I none about you, so I couldn't really say we're both lazy, or both not, or one more or less lazy than the other. On my part, I'm overtly and acutely determined. I've gotten both ARP Hiei and ARP Haguro in one day, and that wasn't a Christmas event. I also managed to gather all the experience needed (but not the final game) to get ARP Nachi in 5 days at 2 hours per day. So no, I personally wouldn't consider myself lazy.

Now, I'm going to continue to get the final 20k EXP and as many of the conditions for Graf Spee in this single day as humanly possible, if you have no objections.

No problem man, He was just trying to prove about free stuff. I do understand what you mean though, trying to get lots of xp can make the game stressful when it doesn't need to. That's why I just focus on having fun, then the good games come! :) Now what were we talking about again? oh right! how awesome the Graf Spee is going to be! 

Members
4,535 posts
16,633 battles

That's the spirit! Need more of these threads to balance out the whine threads. 

What you propose is and impossible, but nonetheless intriguing, task.

[KFL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
627 posts
15,216 battles

Here are some screen shots for the Graf Spee, I did not want to wait. Its almost like an RN cruiser with lots of hit points. I used rudder shift for 4th slot to turn sharp, it also handles like an RN cruiser, but with big guns.

The hydro search is nice it has a longer range than the typical one, torpedoes are nice. With the 10 point captain, I spent up to get the hit points so she sits at 41,800 hit points. If you use the the gamescon camo you can earn up to 750K right now with the extra missions going on.

shot-16.12.22_20.17.09-0680.jpg

shot-16.12.24_12.43.40-0874.jpg

Edited by Condor_Legion
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,122 battles

No problem man, He was just trying to prove about free stuff. I do understand what you mean though, trying to get lots of xp can make the game stressful when it doesn't need to. That's why I just focus on having fun, then the good games come! :) Now what were we talking about again? oh right! how awesome  ridiculously OP and worth the strain  the Graf Spee is going to be! 

Aaaannnddd there. 

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Lets see: Unique T6 cruiser with the torps of a DD and the guns of a BB, free for simply doing what I do every single day. Yes, please and thank you, WG!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
36 posts
2,361 battles

I rather like that the Spee can be acquired either by paying for it, which gets you the extra bonus of being able to do the Santa's Convoy missions right away, or just by doing the campaign if you aren't in a rush.  It's a cool event and I'm glad WG introduced such a famous ship in this fashion.    

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Am I truly lazy though?

Yes, if you're whining because you have to play a GAME to get a FREE ship then the assumption is made that you believe it should just show up in your port, that would indeed make you lazy.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

No problem man, He was just trying to prove about free stuff. I do understand what you mean though, trying to get lots of xp can make the game stressful when it doesn't need to. That's why I just focus on having fun, then the good games come! :) Now what were we talking about again? oh right! how awesome the Graf Spee is going to be

Reviews seem to say something different...:teethhappy:

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Reviews seem to say something different...:teethhappy:

What'd the reviews say about the German DD's?

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,122 battles

Yes, if you're whining because you have to play a GAME to get a FREE ship then the assumption is made that you believe it should just show up in your port, that would indeed make you lazy.

Point out exactly where I am whining and explain how. Break my comment down. Use certain words and phrases to determine my tone. Am I truly whining?

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

This can most certainly be read to be whining as it's quite clear that you have only to log on and click battle a few times (more depending on your skill level I'm guessing) in order to get something that won't cost you a penny.

Comes across as "Why do I have to put forth ANY effort, it should just be dropped into my port".

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

What'd the reviews say about the German DD's?

That they got boned right before release, and are junk? :unsure:

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,122 battles

This can most certainly be read to be whining as it's quite clear that you have only to log on and click battle a few times (more depending on your skill level I'm guessing) in order to get something that won't cost you a penny.

Comes across as "Why do I have to put forth ANY effort, it should just be dropped into my port".

The first line ("How are we getting this for free") can easily be mistaken for whining, but that was not my intent. My actual intent was to simply ask "how?" By that I mean...Are we truly getting this for "free" or through the campaign? I though that last line, (Do you mean the campaign as free?") would confirm that I am indeed questioning rather than whining as to why it can't be "just dropping into my port".