Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mohawkdriver

Santa's Secret Stash is Great!

26 comments in this topic

Members
4,535 posts
16,629 battles

We've had our differences, Wargaming, but the Santa's Secret Stash you've offered of late has been really good for me.  To date, I have scored an Atlanta, Indianapolis, Prinz Eugen, and an Ishizuchi (twice, even, and got the doubloon equivalent).

Additionally, I got about 7500 doubloons, tons of valuable camo, lots of papa papa flags, and much more.

I just want to say thanks to Wargaming and wish all of you there a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Keep up the great work.

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

Hear Hear

Edited by Camo68

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

I've gotten a bunch of premium ships too. With the packages containing premium ships alone, the combined price is just a small fraction of that of buying the premium ships individually. And then there's all the extra goodies like camouflage, flags and doubloons. That's lots of money saved, and a very happy Panbun.

Right now, I'm only just holding myself back from spending even more on packages. I'd still love to get my hands on a Gremyashchy.

Beta Testers
11 posts
1,371 battles

How much have you spent and what packages?

I bought a $3 package yesterday and only got 50 flags!

I have $8 left, should I buy 1 $5 and 1 $3 package or 2 $3 and 2 $1 packages if I want to try and win a premium ship?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

We've had our differences, Wargaming, but the Santa's Secret Stash you've offered of late has been really good for me.  To date, I have scored an Atlanta, Indianapolis, Prinz Eugen, and an Ishizuchi (twice, even, and got the doubloon equivalent).

Additionally, I got about 7500 doubloons, tons of valuable camo, lots of papa papa flags, and much more.

I just want to say thanks to Wargaming and wish all of you there a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Keep up the great work.

And lots of players are getting coal...:sceptic:

Glad you are happy, but people need to quit pretending it's easy money to get a bunch of ships, when that's not really the case.

[KAG]
Members
230 posts
14,792 battles

Keep up the great work.

​And how much money you spent? I bet you spent over 100 hundreds of dollars because there no way you get those ships without spending some serious cash. Wargaming isn't that nice or giving.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

I spent $70 (twenty $3 packs, two $5 packs). Got the Atlanta, Atago, Lo Yang, Mikhail Kutuzov, and Imperator Nikolai I along with 1,000 doubloons, 75 Dragon Flags, around 200 Equal Speed Charlie London Flags, and a bunch of camo that I'll never use. WG has never been this generous before, and I truly appreciate them giving a nice Christmas to their fan base (especially for those of us who have had really tough times during this holiday). 

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

And lots of players are getting coal...:sceptic:

Glad you are happy, but people need to quit pretending it's easy money to get a bunch of ships, when that's not really the case.

Who's pretending? I know my luck  has been great, but I have not had a bad draw. I spent money on it for the last time today, and bought 5 boxes. A Prinz Eugen, Gremmy, Nikolai, 1000 doubloons and another Prinze Eugen. 

I spent maybe $120 and picked up 12 ships, 30k doubloons, 100 dragon flags, and a bunch of signals and camo. I have bunches of 10 point commanders now. It's a good deal, and from my experience I can't attest otherwise

Beta Testers
834 posts
12,103 battles

It is NOT great.

There have been a handful of people posting about how great their luck has been. How many people got trash? I read all the "OMG I got a bajillion dollars worth of awesomeness for $2" [edited]and thought maybe I could at least get something reasonable.

Well, I didn't.

I got some doubloons at a small discount and I got a lot of trash that I would not have been excited about even if it had been free.

It was yet another money grab on WGs part and it worked. I got burnt as did many others.

They could have set it up so that after a certain number of boxes you were guaranteed a decent prize but that would have cost them a little of their profit so they did what they always do.

[edited]them.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

I got 6 new ships, one twice over. Wows has been very giving to me. Yet a friend of mine is new to the game and spent 50 dollars on boxes ans i spent 25 for him on boxes and mosty he has only gotten cammos and signals.

So i am starting to think that the box rewards may only be great for players who have played a lot of games. I am starting to think that this is wargaming giving back to long time player and new playèrs, perhaps not near as much.

But i can totally understand that. Thank you Wows, i had a great Christmas already thanks to you and i hope you all have a Merry Christmas too.

Members
4,535 posts
16,629 battles

​And how much money you spent? I bet you spent over 100 hundreds of dollars because there no way you get those ships without spending some serious cash. Wargaming isn't that nice or giving.

All the ships I got were from either 3-or 5-dollar boxes.  Yes, I bought quite a few but what I spent didn't even approach what it would have cost me in the shop.  AND, I got doubloons, signals, and camo.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

I've got quite a few premium ships to start with, but have been really lucky with Santa as well.  7 pulls and received gold, dragon flags, Warspite, Atlanta, and Atago.  I can't complain.  Merry Christmas, WG!  And God Bless US Everyone...

Members
6,889 posts
14,881 battles

I hate their payment page - it is utter crap and really frustrating. 

Tried 2 more $3 - camos and flags.

Edited by CylonRed

[LTM]
Members
155 posts
25,804 battles

Yes I gambled some cash, $140 to date. I picked up in order, a Ishizuchi, Emden, Marbelhead, Sims, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Tirpitz and last but not least, Kutuzov. Plus a nice chuck of gold, tons of camo and signal flags. Definitely more than I thought I'd spend but gosh darn them and this evil concept...

So, at that price, the average cost per ship was $17.50. Plus all a the aforementioned extras. I certainly cannot complain. Although my quest for the Gremmy remains unfullfilled.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

Spent $30 so far and have gotten Anshan, Marblehead and Itchyscratchy... along with the general wad of flags and camos. $50 worth of ships plus extras for $30.

That'll do WG ...   That'll do...   :)

I may get a few more. I would like Prinz Eugen for 5 bucks.

Edited by BlueWaterWolf

Members
161 posts
3,936 battles

I followed the technique from Reddit so I bought three Captain box. Finally get one more special than camo and flag.

iNNWG9W.jpg

90 days premium account!

Also third gift box hits the condition for Tin Can achievement and it becomes 90 plus one days. 

Edited by alphonse2501

[LTM]
Members
155 posts
25,804 battles

How much have you spent and what packages?

I bought a $3 package yesterday and only got 50 flags!

I have $8 left, should I buy 1 $5 and 1 $3 package or 2 $3 and 2 $1 packages if I want to try and win a premium ship?

I'd go $5 and $3. Or look for some change under the couch cushions and buy 2 $5 packages. Better yet borrow $12 and buy 4. Four x $5 was the recipe for success for me. Most of the ships I got came from $5 boxes and I got 2 ships out of 4 tries more than once.  I got a couple of ships out of a $3 box, but also got skunked more than once when buying 3-5 $3 gifts. I now have 10 premium ships I didn't have a few days ago, 4 of them are tier XIII. Best of luck to you.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

Yes I gambled some cash, $140 to date. I picked up in order, a Ishizuchi, Emden, Marbelhead, Sims, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Tirpitz and last but not least, Kutuzov. Plus a nice chuck of gold, tons of camo and signal flags. Definitely more than I thought I'd spend but gosh darn them and this evil concept...

So, at that price, the average cost per ship was $17.50. Plus all a the aforementioned extras. I certainly cannot complain. Although my quest for the Gremmy remains unfullfilled.

It sounds like WG ra*ed out of 140 bucks 4 ships u will rarely even play since u ave 150 games a mth
Edited by RECON_RANGER

Sign in to follow this