Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LastoftheFallen

Campbeltown Overpriced during Shipsmas 2016

10 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
146 posts
15,087 battles

Without getting into whether the Campbeltown needs a buff, the current Shipsmas "discount" on the Campbeltown in the Premium Shop is a ripoff.  Currently, the Campbeltown is selling for $9.99 (ship + port slot only).  This is actually a terrible deal.  For those interested in buying the ship, use the same $10 and buy 2000 doubloons, then go to the tech tree in game, buy the ship for 1650 doubloons, and use the extra 350 doubloons for something useful.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Without getting into whether the Campbeltown needs a buff, the current Shipsmas "discount" on the Campbeltown in the Premium Shop is a ripoff.  Currently, the Campbeltown is selling for $9.99 (ship + port slot only).  This is actually a terrible deal.  For those interested in buying the ship, use the same $10 and buy 2000 doubloons, then go to the tech tree in game, buy the ship for 1650 doubloons, and use the extra 350 doubloons for something useful.

You're saving the price of a port slot...not a lot of real difference there....

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
146 posts
15,087 battles

You're saving the price of a port slot...not a lot of real difference there....

​Didn't actually think about that.  I have so many empty port slots from the ARP missions in December that it never crossed my mind.  Still, paying more for a ship than you can get by buying doubloons (even if you only get 50 more after considering 300 for a port slot) is still not a good deal.

Members
26 posts

It's a terrible ship. Save yourself the money. Worst purchase ever in this game. :( 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,321 battles

It's a terrible ship. Save yourself the money. Worst purchase ever in this game. :(

I don't know that it is terrible, but it is certainly NOT OP! (LOL!!) I have fun with it, but dominate games? No, not really.

It's a ship everyone can appreciate, but only a collector can love.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
596 posts
6,464 battles

I still say she should have gotten a bonus to ramming damage. Like maybe a permanent ramming flag effect. I mean, it's famous for ramming something and blowing up.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Yea... i can confirm this... I just bought her on sale... one mission... want my dubloons back... can it happen? I mean... will WoWS refund up to four purchases a year? ;-)
Edited by Herr_Reitz

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Well bad news is no refund. So the good news is I bought it so now I gotta "git gud" with it. Had I not done one mission in her I could have had a refund. 

I still believe it would be a good thing to let players buy one, play ONE MISSION, then return the ship if they don't want it. 

Perhaps a better idea would be to rent ships out for X number of missions, you select the commanders skills, the modules and rent it using dubloons. Almost like a car rental.

Except... you would have to have a ship in your fleet at that tier in order to rent it... no renting supercars when you drive a Red Flyer wagon.

So all - just remember - check the forums FIRST before  you buy.

A note here - they were very kind in handling the ticket - thanks WoWS support staff! 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,859 posts
30,564 battles

It really is terrible. Bought it for $4 in doubloons, probably the worst purchase I have made in the game. IMHO should be a 99 cent ship at most.

Sign in to follow this