Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Harassment and Abuse from the least-likely of places

7 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

So I was in my Yamato, runnin' over mediocre ships like any other night, and some guy decides he was in charge of the battle like that one time the IJN had to make their entire navy's flagship a destroyer because no other ship was available in that area at the time.

The guy then berated the team for not following his orders or playing to his standards. When asked if he thought he was smarter than 14 other players, he answered with Yes, instantly. Great judge of character there.

Normally, I'd just shrug this off and continue, but this guy was on a Press Account... as much as I'd love to name-and-shame, I can't remember his exact username nor did I save a replay. Airspace_com_PA or something like that.

If any chuckle**** with a website or reviewer status can gain access to the game's upper echelons without doing any work, then what is the point of putting in the time and effort? Folks like this give a poor rep to legitimate reviewers and upstanding users like iChase and LWM who even when they're clearly annoyed that a game isn't going their way, know in their hearts that it's only a game and simply do the best with what they're given, rather than blame everyone else for losing.

We won the battle by the way, but naturally, he claimed it was his victory, despite 14 other players contributing and my sacrifice of a very expensive Yamato to plug a hole and hold off 2 Yamatos, 1 Grosser Kurfurst and a Zao in a pear tree.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

If you've got screenshots, pm them to niko. Or send him the time of the battle. Maybe he can rip the chat logs.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Pretty sure that'd be an easy task really...  an PA accounts.... they need to toe the line better than the rest of us. 

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Lucked out, found the replay and his very 1990s website, If this is all it takes to get a PA account, where do I register my DeviantArt gallery?
Heres a few highlights from his chat:
as1_by_valhalla_studios-dassh6b.png
Radio spam? Well nothing new there I suppose, but then it turns salty:

as2_by_valhalla_studios-dassh62.png
To quote yours truly unfortunatly too often; "Waw, r00d"

as3_by_valhalla_studios-dassh5x.png
I admit to a streak of arrogance, but sometimes you're outshone be another. Sure, I'm smarter than 14 hamsters, but you don't see me rubbing that in their faces

as4_by_valhalla_studios-dassh5s.png

Then when backed into a corner about his remarks against the team, he defaulted to his stats, a typical MLG tactic

as5_by_valhalla_studios-dassh5n.png
He followed up with this, don't mind the cencorship squid

"I never complain"
Hmm. Okay.

Edited by Chobittsu

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,618 battles

Arrogant twit. Probably has no friends IRL. He lacks integrity and professionalism. *couldn't resist* 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Shoot... I get called out by all sorts of players... in fact just got called the "biggest POS player ever" by someone in a Hindenberg who died chasing BB (targets I'd been firing on) instead of killing destroyers, which is the role I believe a cruiser is meant to play. He slammed into my port side, cut in front of me, pushed me aside actually to chase BBs... like a Yamoto... yeah... 

Mighta been the twin brother of this PA account... but with all due respect, I think the PA privilege needs reviewed, if not yanked. 

Sign in to follow this