You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Some news regarding Amagi and screenshots of Mutsu

61 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

WoWS 0.6.0 : Nagato & Amagi changes + Mutsu stats

Thanks to Urakaze for translating!

UPDATE: ADDED ARMOR SCREENCAPS

*Please note that the following info are subject to change before it is released*

In Patch 0.6.0, Mutsu will be added to the game as a tier 7 premium battleship, together with Mutsu’s introduction to the game, Nagato’s A hull (Stock, pre-war configuration) will be removed.

The Amagi also received the same treatment as Nagato, her A hull was removed and became Ashitaka (The original name of the 4th ship of the Amagi-class, before being changed to Takao), but it will be implemented later.

Mutsu

UO1VN1W.png 

Stats:
Ship HP: 58400
Deck Armour: 70mm – 256mm
Citadel Armour: 51mm – 305mm
Torpedo Protection: 22%
Max. Speed:26.5 knots
Rudder Shift time: 14.4 seconds
Turning Circle Radius: 770m
Surface Detectability: 16.9 km
Air Detectability: 13.3 km

Main Battery
410mm/3rd Year Type (4 x 2)
Range: 20.3 km
Reload time : 35 seconds
Turret rotation speed: 54.5 second per 180 degree
Sigma: 1.8

HE Ammo: 410mm HE Type 0
Damage: 6500
Velocity: 805 m/s
Chance of fire: 30%

AP Ammo: 410mm AP Type 88
Damage: 12400
Velocity:790 m/s

Secondary Battery
127mm/40 Type 89 A1 (4 x 2)
Range: 5 km
Reload time: 5 seconds
HE Shell: 2100 damage
Chance of fire: 8%

140mm/50 3rd Year Type (20 x 1)
Range: 5 km
Reload time: 8 seconds
AP Shell: 2700 damage
Chance of fire: 5%

Torpedoes
533mm Type 6 (4 x 1)
Damage: 10933
Speed: 57 knots
Range: 7 km
Reload time : 21 seconds
*The torpedoes are mounted on the sides of the hull , with limited arc as shown in the previous insider news post *

AA:
127mm/40 Type 89 A1 (4 x 2)
Damage: 40, Range: 5km

25mm/60 Type 96 Mod. 1 (24 x 1)
Damage: 43, Range: 3.1km

40mm HI Type 91 (4 x 2)
Damage: 31, Range: 2km

Misc.
Consumables: Damage control party, Repair team and Spotting Aircraft
Price: 7000 gold

s9tZvQn.png St9aFef.jpg  T6aKPBz.png Armor:

V8cduyD.pngV8cduyD.png

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/12/22/wows-0-6-0-nagato-amagi-changes-mutsu-stats/

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

Where is my Tosa... or any tier 8 IJN premium battleship :( 

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Looks quite underpowered....

People hated stock IJN BBs for a reason, and adding 2 crappy torps to each side that essentially require commiting suicide to use won't help much.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

And you got this straight from WG, did you?

I very highly doubt it, since they control info tighter than the security at Fort Knox.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

So all she has over the Nagato's current A hull are the torpedoes? It doesn't sound very appealing. 

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Looks quite underpowered....

People hated stock IJN BBs for a reason, and adding 2 crappy torps to each side that essentially require commiting suicide to use won't help much.

I hope Mutsu prints credits 

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

And you got this straight from WG, did you?

I very highly doubt it, since they control info tighter than the security at Fort Knox.

Mutsu is already officially coming 

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

The ship is already in the PTS for 6.0.  And once again, according to the data mining, she is Tier 6.

TAP may have made a mistake about Mutsu's tier

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,739 battles

Let's compare to the fully upgraded Nagato as it stands.

Pros

+Much better overall armor (lowest value for mutsu is 51 vs nagato at 25.)

+More secondary guns

+Torpedoes

+1.5 knots faster

+Lower detectibility

Cons

-Torpedo protection is less 22 vs 25

-Less AA

-slower rudder shift

-Less HP

Since they gave her better armor, Torpedoes, And more secondaries it seems Mutsu will be a more Brawly version of the Nagato... Basically still acting as a BB but doing so far closer to the front.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Still should have just been named Nagato 1910 and leave Mutsu to a proper Premium in her final form.

By giving this dreadnought the Mutsu name, it leaves zero possibility of a proper Mutsu at T7 while this dreadnought Nagato inhabits T6.

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,739 battles

Still should have just been named Nagato 1910 and leave Mutsu to a proper Premium in her final form.

By giving this dreadnought the Mutsu name, it leaves zero possibility of a proper Mutsu at T7 while this dreadnought Nagato inhabits T6.

Well I doubt wargaming would do that or about half the ships in the game wouldn't have proper names...

Also they don't seem to keen on clones...

Edited by OOM911

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Let's compare to the fully upgraded Nagato as it stands.

Pros

+Much better overall armor (lowest value for mutsu is 51 vs nagato at 25.)

+More secondary guns

+Torpedoes

+1.5 knots faster

+Lower detectibility

Cons

-Torpedo protection is less 22 vs 25

-Less AA

-slower rudder shift

-Less HP

Since they gave her better armor, Torpedoes, And more secondaries it seems Mutsu will be a more Brawly version of the Nagato... Basically still acting as a BB but doing so far closer to the front.

Under cons, you forgot to mention she has stock Nagato turrets and ammo.

Longer reload, slower traverse, weaker shells.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

The ship is already in the PTS for 6.0.  And once again, according to the data mining, she is Tier 6.

Oh, that changes things then. It looks like she might be too powerful at t6, with good armour, great guns, great secondaries, and torps. 

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,739 battles

Oh, that changes things then. It looks like she might be too powerful at t6, with good armour, great guns, great secondaries, and torps. 

Ya she does look kinda OP for tier 6...

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Depends.

Apparently the T88 AP shells Stock Nagato (and Mutsu) have perform worse than the 14" T91s on Kongo and Fusou.

If that's the case, Mutsu would be UP even for T6.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

This gives me hope of seeing the Mogami "done right".  None of these half measures with her 155mm guns.  Hopefully now we can see a premium with the 155s while they clean up the tech tree version to be a proper 203mm ship.  Then perhaps they can go back to putting the Mogami back at tier 7 with the Myoko at tier 8 and their torpedo armaments swapped back to what they had historically.

A girl can dream.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,184 posts
30,938 battles

LOL, regardless, 16" armed Tier VI Mutsu will still be way faster than those POS USN Standard BBs with their super-amazing-OMG-I-am-SOoooooo-Faaaassstttt 21kts.  Mutsu can run those dogs down as well as outrange them, outpunch them.

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,739 battles

not to mention she will have better armor then all the tier 6 and most tier 7's

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

This gives me hope of seeing the Mogami "done right".  None of these half measures with her 155mm guns.  Hopefully now we can see a premium with the 155s while they clean up the tech tree version to be a proper 203mm ship.  Then perhaps they can go back to putting the Mogami back at tier 7 with the Myoko at tier 8 and their torpedo armaments swapped back to what they had historically.

A girl can dream.

Locking more gameplay behind premiums....not a fan.

Rather have an IJN cruiser split, with a CL and CA line. 

Make T4 the last common tier. Keep the CA line the same, and for the branch line. slot in Ooyodo as T5, Paper buffed Agano at T6, and end it off with 155 Mogami at T7 (Suzuya?).

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

A girl can dream.

Well that would make free players like me unable to use the 155s...... Oh well. 

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,618 battles

Players who have or had a Nagato and Amagi will tell you how painful it was to play those ships without the hull/gun upgrade. I don't wish it on anyone.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

Well that would make free players like me unable to use the 155s...... Oh well. 

It's unfortunate, but the precedent was long set with the arrival of the Scharnhorst with her 283mm rifles while the tech tree Gneisenau was stuck with the theoretical 380mm neither ship actually received.  Before that there was the USS Texas, representing the fully upgraded version of the New York-class.  The Krasny Krym represents the Svietlana modernized.  I lament that this is done, but at the same time I quietly celebrate it in the hopes of seeing my favourite ships, the Queen Elizabeth-class, which had very different appearances and weapon fittings at different stages in their long career.  I would love to see the HMS Barham in her 1917 configuration, just as I want to see the HMS Queen Elizabeth in her late 30s modernization.

The Mogami, more so perhaps than any other ship, has been a victim of it's stock-weaponry that Wargaming fully expected people to upgrade from.  This got her bumped up from tier 7 to tier 8, displacing the Myoko.  She's one of the reasons the Atago has a Repair Party consumable -- to make the IJN premium attractive enough to purchase when players could grab an 18km ranged Mogami for free instead.  While it could be argued that the changes to Advanced Fire Training, Basic Fire Training and Expert Marksman were ostensibly done in preparation for the release of the then-upcoming Soviet Cruiser line, the changes to these Captain Skills affected the Mogami 155mm most severely.  The only other real victims with the Cleveland and a few choice low-tier seal clubbing vessels like the St.Louis.  The Mogami 155mm hasn't really recovered since and Wargaming doesn't appear to have an interest in restoring any portion of her previously self as it risks making those 155mm again more attractive than anything with 203mm.

So I would like to see the 155s removed from the Mogami and the ship balanced with the 203s clearly in mind.  I'd like to see her get her historic triple launchers (and the Myoko to get her quads back).  If that forces a tiering reshuffle like we had in Closed Beta, I am fine with that.  Personally, I find the 155s far more interesting and would prefer that as the tech tree mainstay if I had a choice.  But seeing as Wargaming sees changes in weapon caliber down a tech tree line to be quite jarring, it just doesn't fit the whole early-introduction of 203s from the Furutaka onwards at tier 5.  This, to me, points at two viable options:

1. Introduce a second line of IJN Cruisers based around small caliber weapons (Light Cruisers).
  2. Clean up the Mogami to be 203mm only and give us one of her sister ships with their original treaty-limit 155mm guns.
  • Cool 2