Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
k75fish

Leningrad or Blys?

30 comments in this topic

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

They are both good from what I've seen. Leningrad is more useful if you have soviet DD line for training/retraining. Also Leningrad has higher RoF and torps do more damage, so get it rather than Blysk.

I mean, Blysk does have one extra gun, but 30% higher RoF is better IMO.

Edited by geser98

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

Why?

I like both, but prefer the Blys. The Leni is fun, real fast, and true it can be used as a trainer where the Blys can't. But IMO the Leni needs a different captain build than the rest of the VMF line. Personally for a T7 VMF DD I prefer the Kiev. The Blys is more flexible than the Leni in how it engages the enemy. I also prefer the Blys' uniqueness. But whatever your choice, they are both great ships and you will enjoy whatever you decide on. Really, I don't think one is empirically better than the other and it comes down to personal preference.
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

They are very close together and both excellent ships.

I picked the Leni as I could train my Russian captains in her and haven't had any regrets. Yesterday in a Santa present I got the Blys so quite a happy camper now.

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

Having played both, I prefer the Blys.  Leningrad is good.  Very good.  But it requires somewhat of a dedicated captain to make it work. Also, her turret placement is somewhat lacking.  

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,125 battles

Blyskawica.  She's a more durable and flexible ship.

Unless you prefer the Soviet DD playstyle.  Leningrad isn't a bad ship, I just find Blys to be more versatile overall.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Blyskawica.  She's a more durable and flexible ship.

Unless you prefer the Soviet DD playstyle.  Leningrad isn't a bad ship, I just find Blys to be more versatile overall.

Can you explain "more durable" part? 

Members
219 posts
5,509 battles

Blys is an invisifiring monster and she's best played like a RU DD (so don't rush caps and HE spam from range. Kite away when spotted). She has flat arcs that can hit DDs even out to 10km with good aim. She can invisifire and stealth torp out of the box with no Captain skills, but the windows for each are painfully narrow. She has lower RPM than other DDs, but punchy alpha damage with 7 guns that rewards good aim. Her firing angles are pretty good and her aft turrets are in a superfiring arrangement, meaning you can still fire over half your guns while running away from threats.

As a T7, her MM is in a great spot and as a premium DD, she prints credits like no tomorrow. She absolutely bullies lower tiered ships and can punch up strongly when played well. 

While the ship cannot be used as a trainer because she is the only ship for her nation, the Blys is worth investing Captain XP flags into. A full 15 point captain with AFT+CE can steathfire at 10.3km with a 14km firing range and is fast enough to choose her engagement range. The longer you live, the more powerful you can be as you can just rain down HE without being spotted ever.

Overall the Blys is a flexible boat, but she shines the best when firing from beyond detection range. And with her being a premium, I'm putting money that she won't be touched by the rumors of the devs working out stealth firing.

[RLGN]
Members
19,120 posts
35,145 battles

My poor, poor, Blys... I play you so rarely the days of your 15 point captain are stil far, far in the future...

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Leningrad has some issues with her turret rotation, which is crap.

Blys, however, is the best all-around DD in the game.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Can you explain "more durable" part? 

Blys only has a 300 HP edge over the Leningrad, but she seems to shrug off hits better than other DDs.  This could just be because having 7 guns to work with means that you're going to be landing more hits than your opponent regardless of RNG, so assuming you have good aim you're going to wear them down faster.  For keeping your guns on target her turret traverse isn't as good as USN destroyers, but it's a fair shake better than the Soviets and good enough providing you can keep some range between you and your opponents (which is fairly easy to do with her speed).  She really is a great little ship even without a 15 point captain.

I'm going to echo most other people in the thread by saying that the only reason I'd take a Leningrad over the Blys would be for training VMF captains. 

Members
23 posts
8,074 battles

Hard to deny the better Torps and speed of the Lenin. I love playing both. But I prefer the Lenin just a tad more.

[ICO]
[ICO]
Members
107 posts
12,091 battles

Thanx for all ur feedback. Think i will roll with the Leningrad. Speed kills

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,980 battles

Thanx for all ur feedback. Think i will roll with the Leningrad. Speed kills

Stop!  Don't do it!

I have both and enjoy playing Russian DDs. However, Leningrad's gun handling is just plain painful. ROF doesn't mean anything if you can't get your guns on target. Turret traverse is soooo slow for a DD that I actually run the upgrade that trades rate of fire in exchange for faster turret traverse. Expert Marksman skill is not optional - you must have it even though Kiev and Udaloi certainly don't need it. And there are obstacles for some of the turrets reducing your effective DPM even more. 

Blyskawica has really good gun arcs with no obstacles. Most importantly, she can invisifire from 10-14 km with Concealment Expert. Lenny can't. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

I'm loving my Blyskawica. I'm on my 13th captain's point and already took AFT to punk on ships at 13-14km. The lack of captain training doesn't effect me much since I already have the Kutuzov for Russian ships.

So I'm recommending the Blyskawica out of personal preference. I had the same choice when I bought mine, but glad I went with the Polish ship.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I'm loving my Blyskawica. I'm on my 13th captain's point and already took AFT to punk on ships at 13-14km. The lack of captain training doesn't effect me much since I already have the Kutuzov for Russian ships.

So I'm recommending the Blyskawica out of personal preference. I had the same choice when I bought mine, but glad I went with the Polish ship.

AFT is a crutch!  The truly insane play her with DE. :P

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,479 battles

Have had the Bly for awhile, just a great flame-throwing monster.... bought the Len a few weeks ago and have not clicked yet, turret traverse is slow, so you can turn past your guns, struggle to bring multiple guns on target unless broadside.  Have 14 point captain in her now, will have to see performance at 15 point

Sign in to follow this