Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Angry_With_Rage

SMS Emden change

13 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
250 battles

The SMS Emden was a cruiser in the Imperial German Navy.  It never served under the Nazi flag as it was run aground in 1914 after a very successful, though relatively short, career as a raider.  Serving on board was at least one Jewish sailor, who died during the campaign.  This sailors family was later run out of Germany during Nazi rule.

Given this, I would like to request that the Flag on the SMS Emden (and any other ship that fought under the flag of the German Empire) be changed to just that, the flag of the Imperial German Navy rather than that of the Kriegsmarine. 

While they're at it, if that out of place and silly fake fourth funnel could be removed... or at least an made an optional thing...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

That's what a lot of us want. The fake funnel is there because she sank with it, and it's part of her history.

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Its been brought up before, the Kaiserliche Marine ensign is verboten in Germany and thus like the IJN's Kyokujitsu-ki and the Kriegsmarine War Ensign it is not going to be displayed by WG.  There are some mods though if you are willing to go that rout.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Why is the Kaiserliche Marine engisgn banned in Germany, but the Kreigsmarine ensign with swastika removed is not? That makes 47,000% no sense what so ever.

Also last time this came up, Germans were on the NA forum lecturing me about how the banned flag thing isn't true.

Edited by Captain_Dorja

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Why is the Kaiserliche Marine engisgn banned in Germany, but the Kreigsmarine ensign with swastika removed is not? That makes 47,000% no sense what so ever.

Also last time this came up, Germans were on the NA forum lecturing me about how the banned flag thing isn't true.

Wikipedia seems to think so:

"The original flag used between 1871 and 1919 can be shown depending on circumstances in different states of Germany. Because members of the far right have used the imperial war flag as a symbol, its use is considered to be a "breach of the public order" in seven states, and flags will be confiscated. In the other nine states, any provocative misuse of the flag can be prosecuted as an Ordnungswidrigkeit (summary offence).

I personally would prefer that it was available or failing that a "PC'd" version like they did with the Kriegsmarine Ensign but I don't set WG policy.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Anyone who called a historical naval game "provocative misuse" should be killed. 

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
250 battles

I read that wiki page for German flag use, and it makes an exception for "educational, artistic or scientific contexts" I would imagine that world of warships would qualify as both educational (solid historical facts... providing we can remove that damn stack...) and artistic (most video games qualify for this.)

[EGO]
[EGO]
Members
214 posts
13,392 battles

I read that wiki page for German flag use, and it makes an exception for "educational, artistic or scientific contexts" I would imagine that world of warships would qualify as both educational (solid historical facts... providing we can remove that damn stack...) and artistic (most video games qualify for this.)

Actually, removing the "damn" stack would be historically inaccurate. The captain of the Emden had that extra stack installed to make it look like a RN cruiser (I forget which class) so that the commerce ships wouldn't realize Emden was actually German. It's what sets her apart from the rest of her class

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

I bought the Messerschmitt Me-262 for Flight Simulator a while ago from a modder.

Depending on which online store and where it was it came with or without the Swastika on the tail due to the laws about the flags/symbols.Luckily for those who want the historical look the modder put the texture files up on his website so you could do so.

[MPIRE]
Banned
1,662 posts
27,586 battles

the Kaiserliche Marine ensign is verboten in Germany

What?  Since when and why?  I thought it was only the the NS flags and symbols that are banned.  What a effing horrible state of affairs things are in for Germany today.

Members
19 posts
957 battles

https://console.worldoftanks.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/germany/G04_PzVI_Tiger_I_Hammer/

hmm forgot about that even though I have one , available on WOT XBOX will say WG isnt nearly as anti German as Germany's government . but that isnt exactly saying much

Gadsden flag decals and English " Flag of Saint George"  have both been recently made available  , I am fond of both and have the latter permanently applied to my Crusader , Still waiting a distinctive premium M3 Lee .

anyways I'll try to avoid going on about talking politics to much , tends to make my right arm stiff .  I could see WG changing the flag however  and it would be appropriate ,

Sign in to follow this