You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yUPPatriots

Seems like EU aren't happy campers

20 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

Reported.

Reported for reporting.

Members
564 posts
670 battles

We need to be able to switch servers.

I know typing this is pointless and it will never happen but... This should be a thing. Part of the reason of EVEs success is a world wide server, though it is difficult to maintain it makes for a global game.

https://www.engadget.com/2008/09/28/eve-evolved-eve-onlines-server-model/

Edited by this_might_be_slak__

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

Reported.

reported for reporting reporting

Beta Testers
182 posts

It is funny how some of those guys complain about lag. I have ZERO lag. The ping is no issue at all. I play from central Europe on US servers and EU servers in the past had too many childish people online compared to US servers plus constant language barrier issues in chats that either forces you to turn if off, or if you like to use chat for tactical purposes, you will have to endure all those different languages. Maybe in this game it is different? No idea, but I am glad I am on the US server. Also, regarding the wrong time zones and finding no players online, that accusation is also wrong. But then again, to all EU that think it is so amazing here, well, "the grass is always greener on the other side", no?

Edited by Varathius
  • Cool 1

Members
564 posts
670 battles

It is funny how some of those guys complain about lag. I have ZERO lag. The ping is no issue at all. I play from central Europe on US servers and EU servers in the past had too many childish people online compared to US servers plus constant language barrier issues in chats that either forces you to turn if off, or if you like to use chat for tactical purposes, you will have to endure all those different languages. Maybe in this game it is different? No idea, but I am glad I am on the US server. Also, regarding the wrong time zones and finding no players online, that accusation is also wrong. But then again, to all EU that think it is so amazing here, well, "the grass is always greener on the other side", no?

I plsy on EU often and have zero issues even with the craptastic ping. Infact I cant think of a time ever being DC'd on EU though it happens with regularity on NA, I live in the South East US and have 100+ meg internet. Ditto on SEA, never an issue. RU gets pretty laggy though...

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Dissatisfaction is an increasing trend, noting the failure of management.

Or it could be that people are getting harder to please. 

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

I will admit being disappointed with WG over the Alabama issue.  However, they were responsive and listened to their customers.  Many people were disappointed with the Thanksgiving bundles.  To WG's credit they listened to their customers and I think the Santa boxes have been a fantastic and economically accessible way to allow people to participate.

Kudos to WG.  +1 from me.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle
  • Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
3,911 posts
19,267 battles

I will admit being disappointed with WG over the Alabama issue.  However, they were responsive and listened to their customers.  Many people were disappointed with the Thanksgiving bundles.  To WG's credit they listened to their customers and I think the Santa boxes have been a fantastic and economically accessible way to allow people to participate.

Kudos to WG.  +1 from me.

+1 Can't argue any of that. wd WG!

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
3,060 battles

Interesting to see all the Euros being so displeased.  I wonder just how "bad" it is over there.

Being a former EU player I can let you know. Pretty much every single mission or event has worse rewards and and radically more difficult mission criteria on the EU servers. For example, while the rest of the world got their Kamikaze R after completing the required missions, EU players were only eligible to win their Kamikaze R if they first completed the missions and then gained eligibility to enter a raffle with a limited amount of Kamikazes as first price. WGEU felt that too many Kamikazes were handed out for free.

When the opportunity to get a Takao by completing missions with T6 ships or higher on other servers arrived, WGEU made the mission criteria drastically more difficult by raising the tier limit to T9. They felt that too many people would get their hands on what basically is the Atago premium ship.

While other regions were given missions that simply required to acquire xp to get the ARP ships like the Nachi, EU drastically increased the difficulty of the mission by for example requiring that players should sink 20 Russian ships (in addition to every other major nation). This has resulted the prevalence of Nachi ships being only 7% of the second most least owned ARP ship on EU. In comparison the same number is about 80% for NA and Asia.

The most recent example of this is of course the Christmas missions where the convoy part simply has been cut out. Similar things happen in every seasonal event.

I could go on, as this is a repeated theme with every set of missions launched in the EU. Note that not only are reward ships much harder to get - missions are also regularly outright omitted or stripped of many lesser rewards that you are used to on NA, like credits, flags, camo and so on.

The bottom line is that WGEU has and will continue to alter missions and mission rewards because they want to sell game items rather than to reward players with them. This has been going on for some time and people are getting increasingly agitated.

Edited by Tentakkel

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
284 posts
12,956 battles

Can't blame EU. Their missions are worse, for example the ARP missions and now I believe they can't earn the Graf Spee like every other server. War Gaming EU is upsetting a lot of their EU player base. Maybe if some of them were to switch servers WarGaming would wake up and pull their heads out of their.... you get the point. 

Members
564 posts
670 battles

Well, NA needs players.

So come one come all.

Have you met Niko?

He is pretty [edited]great, events y'all. All the time.

Oh yeah and Pigeon? You can gripe to a Dev till you are blue in the face.

Come to NA Euros we will take you with open arms, now we just need an Ellis Island...