Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

a move in the right direction

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

thank you WG for nerfing the German DDs stealth firing

stealth firing has absolutly no place in this game, it is just a broken mechanic

next steps is the nerf the stealth firing of the Russian and ESPECIALLy the USN DDs like the Benson, and Fletcher and Gearing

again stealth firing is BROKEN and HAS NO PLACE IN THIS GAME and needs to be completely taken out

• Cool 2

Members
1,210 posts

They have said that they are looking into stealth firing. If any changes will be made is any is anyone's guess. Only WG knows, but like i said they have talked about it.

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

They have said that they are looking into stealth firing. If any changes will be made is any is anyone's guess. Only WG knows, but like i said they have talked about it.

good, absolutely broken mechanic will be removed

at least this time WG knows what tis doing

Members
820 posts

I heard about all the content contributors making lots of apology vids due to the last moment changes WG made to the new DD line and really i thought it was like making it another disaster RN CL line or such. But when I see the issue is about potential stealth firing being nerfed, seems legit to me. My only gripe is that it had to happen to the new line only first, i'd rather see all these troll open-sea stealth firers nerfed in one swoop.

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

good, absolutely broken mechanic will be removed

at least this time WG knows what tis doing

it ain't broken. Your skill is just not good enough. Removing SF is a TERRIBLE IDEA, and it always will be. I get the logic behind it, but it could leave many ships feeling underwhelming or downright UP if WG doesn't take steps to prevent such from happening. There are ships that have SF as their only gimmick.

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

i love how when i first called for the removal of stealth firing and how broken it is

all these stats padders on this forum are callign me a troll and a whiner 

but they all silent now lol

-Members-
42 posts
29,175 battles

so if stealth fire is gone does that mean your ZAO loses its stealth fire, same for Des moines and all Battleships that use stealth fire where they drop detectability 10 seconds after firing if DDs cant stealth fire and your complaint is to get rid of it for them it would only be fair to remove it from ALL ships

• Cool 1

Members
820 posts

so if stealth fire is gone does that mean your ZAO loses its stealth fire, same for Des moines and all Battleships that use stealth fire where they drop detectability 10 seconds after firing if DDs cant stealth fire and your complaint is to get rid of it for them it would only be fair to remove it from ALL ships

i agree with this. But unfortunately only the new DDs gets balanced as such at the moment.

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

i dont play my zao like a back line wuss sniper, so i have absolutely no problem with it being removed

and yes stealth firing shoudl be removed form ALL ships

but usually its mainly a issue with DDs

Edited by behindurback

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

i dont play my zao like a back line wuss sniper, so i have absolutely no problem with it being removed

and yes stealth firing shoudl be removed form ALL ships

but usually its mainly a issue with DDs

​You do realize only a few ships can actually make good use of this so called "stealth fire problem" right? A couple ships that's what they do. They don't have the arcs to shoot over islands, they can't outrange other ships, they don't have the rudder shift or turn circle to dodge that well, they sure as hell don't have the armor. There are a lot better ways to deal with that uh..problem... other than completely removing it because some people can't figure out ways to deal with it. Maybe it's not a stealth fire problem. Maybe it's a Zao problem. Maybe it's DD problem? Last one is a tough sell. USN arcs? Stealth fire at max range with those arcs and shell flight time? HA! Great if you're shooting something as huge as a Yamato or a Freddie.  

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Very few ships can actually do anything worthwhile with SF.  As usual, OP is simply whining about something that he just doesn't adjust well to in game. News flash: If there weren't DD's able to fire and not be instantly deleted, there'd be zero point in DD's even being in the game, because no-one would play them.

Also, if you can't adjust to the shellfire, which you can see, then your issue is entirely on you, and not the game. I'm beyond sick of a small minority of players screaming for everyone else to be nerfed, just so they can do maybe 10% better than they currently do.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon
  • Cool 2

Members
629 posts
2,397 battles

Stealth firing can be OP, but if your team's DDs have any idea what to do, they'll pump a smokescreen full of torpedoes. 

As for a stealth firing buffer, (concealment>firing range) I'd say its only ok if its 1 km or less, that way it's like a tight rope to attempt stealth firing.

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

it ain't broken. Your skill is just not good enough. Removing SF is a TERRIBLE IDEA, and it always will be. I get the logic behind it, but it could leave many ships feeling underwhelming or downright UP if WG doesn't take steps to prevent such from happening. There are ships that have SF as their only gimmick.

The big problem comes with the prems that have enjoyed no small amount of marketing from their ability to stealth fire, especially Blyskawica and I think also Anshan?

If WG doesn't touch them, it's Gremyaschy all over again. And if they do get reworked its gonna make for some salty customers. 

It almost seems like different parts of the dev team aren't communicating with each other. The IJN DD rework seems to have considered the ability to stealth fire as an important feature for some ships, while at the same time we see other actions by WG looking to eliminate the feature. 

I'm open to either the possibility of it staying in or being removed from the game, but it would be nice to see a coherent opinion from WG.

Parting thoughts:

1.) If they remove stealth firing, a wild assortment of buffs ( to several dds and cruisers that get bad fast without the tool) and nerfs (especially to BBs who by and large already prosper in spite of stealth firing being a thing) will be needed to bring balance to the force.

2.) Stealth fire builds become a *lot* less powerful if a CV is around. If WG wants to "fix" stealth firing without a ton of balance headaches, they just need to fix carriers.

Sign in to follow this