Personator

World of Warships Wiki - Status Update

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

12 posts in this topic

Captains!

For those who remember our previous announcement regarding the Wiki's numerous errors --- We're pleased to announce that the pages will be fixed within one week.

For those who didn't know - the Wiki encountered some back-end data errors after the introduction of the new Japanese destroyers. Ship torpedoes, secondary batteries, and aircraft carrier loadouts were all affected across the Wiki database. Wargaming has been hard at work on fixing it - You will be able to view the correct statistics / values of the ships at your leisure and study them well. They will have it fixed Soon™ -- so please be patient for just a little longer! :)

Good luck and fair seas!

Edited by Personator

Thank you for your patience everybody, the long awaited fixes should be just around the corner.  

Thanks for the update.  And thanks for all the work you guys do on the Wiki!  I have it bookmarked, and I've consulted it literally hundreds of times over the past eight months or so. Kudos!

That's great to hear that progress is being made. Now, where do the following stand?

1. Where is the fix to make same-team aircraft damage count as team damage and turn the CV drivers pink? There is too much exploit going on where every battle you see CV drivers baiting an enemy with 1 squadron of planes then shooting down their own planes on the strafing run. Why does that exploit even exist?

2. When will the end of unannounced server take-downs happen? 2 days, 2 server downtime. Nothing posted on the webpage about either one, you have a youtube video placed where server downtime messages are supposed to go. When do we see progress in fixing that and having our gaming sessions interrupted by unexpected server downtime?

That's great to hear that progress is being made. Now, where do the following stand?

1. Where is the fix to make same-team aircraft damage count as team damage and turn the CV drivers pink? There is too much exploit going on where every battle you see CV drivers baiting an enemy with 1 squadron of planes then shooting down their own planes on the strafing run. Why does that exploit even exist?

2. When will the end of unannounced server take-downs happen? 2 days, 2 server downtime. Nothing posted on the webpage about either one, you have a youtube video placed where server downtime messages are supposed to go. When do we see progress in fixing that and having our gaming sessions interrupted by unexpected server downtime?

1) That issue is gameplay related, and I'm sure you're aware that as the Wiki Editors team, our jurisdiction falls to the upkeep of the WoWS Wiki. 

2) The Wiki Editors do not have access to database/server information, so that is strictly out of our control. I apologize for the inconveniences.

Edited by TheZeke00

Thanks for the update.  And thanks for all the work you guys do on the Wiki!  I have it bookmarked, and I've consulted it literally hundreds of times over the past eight months or so. Kudos!

Thank you. And appreciate the hard work put in.

Thanks Wiki crew!

o7,

33nfidel

Thanks for the love guys; we do this for the benefit of the community, so we are happy that it is a viable resource to regularly consult.