Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
K1ra_Yoshikage

So EU get some other rules for selling the Graf Spee and the convoy campaign

35 comments in this topic

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

Tuccy #188 Posted Today, 10:33 PM

Lieutenant

• photo-thumb-500153698-576a94dc.jpg?_r=14

• WG Staff
  • Community

• 2,231 message_img.png

Ladies, gentlemen, I can see that you are unhappy (well, I can also see why ;)), but just few things to consider here on top of what is in the article:

• The camouflages/ships are included in other regions in a campaign, that is rather challenging - and tied only to the Graf Spee ownership. While it is possible to get the ship for free during a 4-week campaign, that would leave a precious little time to get the convoys. 
  • For EU server, we have decided to enable access to the camouflages as standard Premium camos, directly in the game client - thus giving more players a chance to get them.
  • We decided not to use regular tech tree ships as mission reward. 
  • Another change will be the sales themselves - instead of starting with the most expensive package and gradually unlocking others - something we know you do not like too much - we will follow our usual policy and we will be launching all bundles at the same time. 

• We will of course track numbers and follow the feedback and yes, I realize these facts should have been included in the today's article - the situation would have been clearer I guess.

And just to put a confirmation, yes, if you buy Spee and complete mission, you will get a Credit compensation - as with usual Premium ships (just to clarify - there was no compensation for ARP, but ARP ships are NOT Premium).

hope this sheds at least some light, now I shall retreat into the foxhole :hide_turtle:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
251 posts
2,858 battles

i see we are.. separate but "equal" ;)

[F-N-B]
Beta Testers
1,411 posts
8,485 battles

I'm gonna say we got the better end of the deal here by a long shot. Why? Because we actually get the Santa's convoy missions and they have to just straight up pay if they want the camos we can earn for free. 

Ya I wish they wouldn't do that stupid staggered release thing either but seriously compared to being forced to pay for goodies every other server is getting to earn for free thats a small complaint.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I don't see a problem with the staggered release. If you want it NOW, spend big, otherwise you can wait.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

I love how they compensate EU getting less of the events by giving EU more of the stuff they didn't want, stuff to buy.

Good job WG. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

i see we are.. separate but "equal" ;)

It sounds like the EU hissy fit was over the Graf Spee instead of the Alabama.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

Double post. :(

Darned tablets.

Edited by BrushWolf

Members
1,819 posts

So if you want to do the christmas convoy, you are going to have to spend big money.  Oh thats just bleeping brilliant.

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles

I'm gonna say we got the better end of the deal here by a long shot. Why? Because we actually get the Santa's convoy missions and they have to just straight up pay if they want the camos we can earn for free. 

Ya I wish they wouldn't do that stupid staggered release thing either but seriously compared to being forced to pay for goodies every other server is getting to earn for free thats a small complaint.

How? We can't do the Christmas Convoy mission till we unlock the Graf Spee which as stated gives us a very short window to do the missions, unless of-course your willing to drop $100 , $75 or $50 for a $20 ship.
Edited by Mainerd
  • Cool 1

Members
1,819 posts

How? We can't do the Christmas Convoy mission till we unlock the Graf Spee which as stated gives us a very short window to do the missions, unless ofcourse your willing to drop $100 , $75 or $50 for a $20 ship.

24 is reasonable, especially if the missions are doable , 100$ really isnt.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I don't understand why WG do this?

Why can't they just give us the same deal on all servers?

Because the servers are run individually/separate from the other servers. It's not people in St. Petersburg deciding which server gets which, or saying that one server will set different stuff. It's the people in Cali who run our server that decide what we get, and the people in the EU office who decide what EU gets.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles

24 is reasonable, especially if the missions are doable , 100$ really isnt.

I'm just speculating but I'm sure we'll have the same missions as Asia. http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/hunt-for-graf-spee/

Granted we don't know what the convoy missions will be but I bet they won't be to easy if the ARP missions are a stick to measure them by.

Edited by Mainerd

Members
1,819 posts

I'm just speculating but I'm sure we'll have the same missions as Asia. http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/hunt-for-graf-spee/

Granted we don't know what the convoy missions will be but I bet they won't be to easy the ARP missions are a stick to measure them by.

In other words, you will need the entire month to do them.

So its spend 100 or dont bother....

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I don't understand why WG do this?

Why can't they just give us the same deal on all servers?

Cause WG knows there are more suckers per square inch in the US, than in other countries? :teethhappy:

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

So if you want to do the christmas convoy, you are going to have to spend big money.  Oh thats just bleeping brilliant.

Nothing is free; it was a well played mirage by WG. Does it matter whether you do the X-mas convoy? If yes, then drop the cash. Smart marketing by them.

Members
1,819 posts

Cause WG knows there are more suckers per square inch in the US, than in other countries? :teethhappy:

we need to have a forum flip out like EU did and we did for the alabama.

[1TEX]
Members
494 posts
6,702 battles

So, it is sort of going to be either or?

Do the Graff Spee missions, get the Graf Spee free . . . but then no time for the convoy missions . . .

Members
1,819 posts

So, it is sort of going to be either or?

Do the Graff Spee missions, get the Graf Spee free . . . but then no time for the convoy missions . . .

yeah and not just that, but you pretty much have to buy the most expensive bundles, and not the cheaper one. 

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,337 battles

Hopefully they give us the same deal as EU. I doubt it, but I can hope.

Sign in to follow this