NikoPower

0.5.16 - Update Feedback

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

76 posts in this topic

Hey

Still no reply as to BB's getting castrated in their capabilities.  I'm would like someone to address the reduced capability as far as slower acceleration in speed, slower gun rotations to the point if your in a turn, your guns will never catch up in a tight turn, main gun dispersal really is lame on the German T7 Gneisenau, it's like why upgrade your gun to 20 miles when they rarely can hit much past 10-12km with any accuracy and yet Cruiser and destroyers don't have much problems at that range (10-12 miles), and that's with my ship modified for turret rotation speed and gun accuracy.  You really seemed to have killed the BB's capability, or at least the T7 German.  Why is that and exactly what all has been modified?  Maybe this second post will get answered, thanks.

Pete

Why do I have to wait four days to finish Stage 1 of the Graf Spee hunt?

I was ready to finish Stage 1 yesterday, but I'm not allowed to.

It doesn't make sense to me.

One thing.. why doesnt my game look as awesome as the trailer before I log into the game!? lol.. I love the sounds for all the cannons! 

Masterful job by WoW, they nerf IJN dd's to the point of distraction for many players only to introduce a whole line of German dd's a short time later... coincidence, l think not! There is no way l'm abandoning a couple of my 15 point IJN's just to get into a hulking German dd with a big bulls eye on it.

Well, after 3.5 days of this update, I have the following... for me, none of the issues that cropped up with 15.1 were resolved. Late getting into matches. Ships roll one way then 180 degrees the other when sinking. Switching from torps to guns, particularly with dd's, locks up screen. MM dropping low tier (T5) into high tier (T7) matches when theres 10k+ players online on the server. Lag, omg lag of the worst kind. The Neighbors map is notorious for unplayability with me. I've music deselected and yet it still flippin' plays in port. I'd love to support this outfit with more of my free $$ but ya'll seem to have taken a big piece of Bigpoint's and Activision's playbook and shoved it down the throats of the casual player such as myself. If ya'll have set this game up for only those with suped up pc's and no budget to spend on pixelated ships, then I should reconsider being a customer of yours. At this time, I dont feel ya'll much give a damn. Stop adding content and fix the issues ya have.

+1:great:

Why do I have to wait four days to finish Stage 1 of the Graf Spee hunt?

I was ready to finish Stage 1 yesterday, but I'm not allowed to.

It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm with you. It says stage 2 starts 12-27-16, but you can't finish stage 1 until 12-28-16. What gives?

Hey

Still no reply as to BB's getting castrated in their capabilities.  I would like someone to address the reduced capability as far as slower acceleration in speed, slower gun rotations to the point if your in a turn, your guns will never catch up in a tight turn, main gun dispersal really is lame on the German T7 Gneisenau, it's like why bother to upgrade your guns to 20 miles when they rarely can hit much past 10-12km with any accuracy and yet Cruiser and destroyers don't have much problems at that range (10-12 miles), and that's with my ship modified for turret rotation speed and gun accuracy.  Then you take into account damage control, if your hit with HE your going to burn to death before anything gets fixed so it's almost useless.  Battleships are supposed to be the biggest, baddest, damage absorbing thing on the sea but WOW have degraded them to not much better than a cruiser.  You really seemed to have killed the BB's capability, or at least the T7 German.  Why is that and exactly what all has been modified as compared to version 5.13?  Maybe this 3rd post will get answered, although I'm having my doubts.

Pete

WG Please remove the bastion mode on maps. Players have a hard enough time with the other ships shooting at them, they don't need fortress shooting at them. Wo Tanks does not have this and there are enough things that players are upset about, so please don't add insult to injury. Please remove Bastion mode on maps. I played 5 of them tonight and was so sick of it that I logged and stop playing for the night. I also asked both teams if any one liked bastion mode and no one did.

Has anyone had any issues with the server? i just downloaded the game on a new computer and it wont let me sign in or pick a server... it comes up WOW NA.... anyone know how to fix this problem or no why it is acting this way?.... Thanks in advance

I think the new update is pretty good I like the new DDs the new event is going strong and I know this isn't a place to complain or anything but I really hope you guys make the cuts of Iowa and Monty to their real life specs (much lower on the water line) even Tho you said they don't need to "be buffed anymore they are fine as they are now" I'm sure people don't like losing 3/4 of their health every time they make a course adjustment or decide its time to retreat

If you arent going to give us ARP Ships, give us some gold or containers or another ship like marbleheads or texas or atlanta of flint 

Is it just me?????

I survive a game and take little to no damage because I WORK WITH MY TEAM and we FOCUS FIRE to take out enemy BEFORE they get chances to do mass damage, but I still have to pay for a full repair of a ship that wasn't broken?????? In what realm does this make any sense, Do this to the "Bots" that this is meant to harm, not to the players who are really trying to play the game. 

This needs to be addressed ASAP, the ONLY reason I am playing anything over a 6 at this point is for the OPs...

Losing 40k in a game where you cap 2 points, do 80k damage as a N.O. in a tier 9-10 game is outrageous!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!

Players unite! Petition for this to be addressed!

Is it just me?????

I survive a game and take little to no damage because I WORK WITH MY TEAM and we FOCUS FIRE to take out enemy BEFORE they get chances to do mass damage, but I still have to pay for a full repair of a ship that wasn't broken?????? In what realm does this make any sense, Do this to the "Bots" that this is meant to harm, not to the players who are really trying to play the game. 

This needs to be addressed ASAP, the ONLY reason I am playing anything over a 6 at this point is for the OPs...

Losing 40k in a game where you cap 2 points, do 80k damage as a N.O. in a tier 9-10 game is outrageous!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!

Players unite! Petition for this to be addressed!

Remember when they said they were going to make it more affordable to play higher tier ships????? 

From Niko Power.

"After collecting more feedback from players, we've decided to experiment with another monthlong change to the World of Warships economy, this one running all of June.

Prior to this testing period, it could be tough to repair high-tier ships, which may have made them less enjoyable to play. But now we're reducing the repair costs by approximately 40% at tier X, and 25% at tiers VII-IX. Captain your favorite high-tier ships more frequently!

These apply only to regular (non-Premium) ships.

In addition, please bear in mind that this is only a test, and we'll analyze results before we consider any permanent changes to the overall game economy."

I wouldn't know how they are ! I have not been able to log in after downloading the latest update. I have done a clean install TWICE ! Have run WG check tool THREE times. Have submitted FIVE tickets to tech support and have got ZERO answers!

The new commander skills are abysmal.  I generally like to do BFT, BoS EM LS and SI on my captains in that order for 9 points and if other than a Fast loading DD or something like the Atlanta or Cleveland spend the 10th Point earlier or later on Expert loader.

Under the new system that commander takes 14 points wth, what is with BOS and BFT being 3 point skills???????  This really punishes new commanders.  Old hands who routinely dish out 90K damage will have the points necessary for skills their captains really don't need but new players will become so disillusioned by being shot to crap,without any of the ways to rapidly repair damage BOS or sail on with last stand they may just quit playing.

Seriously I have always worked hard to get BOS and LS sometimes even before BFT or EM especially with fragile destroyers.  Now skills that could be achieved with 3 points will take a minimum of 9.  Just a Clue if something says Basics of Anything that means basic as in a beginning skill not a 3 point skill!!!!!!

Please seriously re-think this  before going live, If some of the new 1 point skills are interesting and popular there is nothing wrong with 15 1 point skills if someone wants to stay at the basic level of skills or get an indicator of how many ships are targeting etc.  Don't make critical basic skills only available to rather experienced players.  

It is almost as if your goal is to force people to play one commander if not for all ships then all ships of a type and force the player to pay 500 doubloons to instant retrain every new tier.  If that truly is the motivation I may have just gained 30 + hours of free time a week and can find a new home for any funds I have given WoW

Edited by diddlyv

THE BAD

Still no colored aiming circles   :(   

NO ARP Captains voices in english ?

Didn't Fix captains skills     We should be able to earn all of them but only use 15 or so.  When I started playing game-open beta   There were no tutorials or explanations.  When you guys redid  Captains skills last time none of my captains needed to have skill reset, based on my understanding of the system.   Now I want to reset all of them based on current system  but new system is around the corner. so whats the point.

Seagal's voice samples need to be redone. Background noises and levels  are not right

The old russian accordian song for the port during the bathtub party is nowhere to be found :(

THE GOOD

low quality sound is better    

radio com setting is nice

love the pirate captain voice

Soundtarcks  still good

Is anyone else having issues with not being able to get past the update screen when first opening the game?

I have something similar.  I got an error message and the game would not load going to the launch screen were we get the updates.  I uninstalled and reloaded the game.  Now i can get to the launch screen, but it will not launch, just an error code.  So I ran the diagnostic tool and still will not launch into the game.  Then again I am using a 6 year old labtop.

Hey

I think I'm done with the forums; nothing gets answered.  Why bother to look for feedback or send us surveys when almost nothing gets answered or addressed.  I asked the same question 3 times and not even a kiss our WOW A$$ answer.

Pete

Even though some stat website consider me excellent in the Destroyer I've seen the excellent players play  and I'm not quite there but I do enjoy the Destroyer a lot.  The German Destroyer line has been interesting and a lot of fun I've gotten t 8 now and it's a great ship and the T6 + 7 we're a lot of fun too so can't wait for ranked to start again to see how well it plays against the really good players with good teamwork

Edited by silverdahc

I like it now where we can see some of the planes attacking our ship.  I have not commanded a CV since the change.  The first time I played commanding a CV I was disappointed the piloting of the ship was not very realistic.  I would suggest making the program to where you could alternate between being at sea versus using the "M" command to go to tactical (what you have now).   Of course I know some would like it where you would have a third mode by which you could be the squadron leader heading on a mission.   Keep up the great work love your game.  FYI my dad was a naval fighter pilot in WWII and Korea flying from carriers in very big missions and bloody battles.  Its by the grace of God I am even here today as many of his friends never made it home.    Hence my hope in improving your carrier and plane operational modes.  Thx