NikoPower

0.5.16 - Update Feedback

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

76 posts in this topic

I think we should keep bastion on some maps or maybe move them away from the spawn. I took a while to load in and when i did i was on half hp because of the forts. Maybe move them away from spawn so people who have crap internet connection can load in on full hp

Edited by Marie_splatoon

Undo that unnecessary nerf with the German DDs, it's not fun to play in them with such a large detectability range.

Hey

I would like for someone to answer as to what has been done to the BB's (My Tier 7 Gneisenau).  It would appear that they have reduced the acceleration to where it's hard to get to top end, reduced the turret rotation speed and if your in any kind of turn, you almost never get your turrets rotated to engage anything, and did they change the dispersion of shells on the German BB's?,  

The BB is not as good as it was in 5.13.  Just what has been changed and why?  The detection range issue sucks too.

Pete

Get rid of bastion mode on Hot Spot.  I spawned up front on the west side in my Donskoi and right off the bat I was taking fire from the fort.

Really!?  Taking fire and dmg right from the start from a fort is just silly.  Way too much going on in that map with all the stations and forts and etc.  Make it more simple!  Less is more guys!

Please allow us to SELL OFF all the ARP ships littering our ports.  I'm simply not interested in ARP.  It makes it hard to manage the fleet with all the cartoon ships in the way. 

Yep German DD's got messed up after testing.  German 128mm guns after firing add 8km's to detection. Soviet DD's 130mm add 5.9km's and Japanese 127mm add 3.8km's

everybody can cry all day

i can cry more than you about the nerfing of IJN DD's whose guns are useless, ship nerfing making everybody see them so i cant get torpedos neither, no guns no torpedos, now theyre unusable,must be sold

i believe you wont cry so hard after you reach high tiers and youll have radar on your damn german dd also. what can i do then against you with my useless japanese dd guns, ah? 

german dd's are OP like any line ever introduced new in this damn comapny called wargaming, and leave the other old line, or better, nerf the other lines before bringing the op german dd line, thats laughable

yet you get babies crying, they dont like their damn guns are too visible after they fire

Edited by fireraiserbr

everybody can cry all day

i can cry more than you about the nerfing of IJN DD's whose guns are useless, ship nerfing making everybody see them so i cant get torpedos neither, no guns no torpedos, now theyre unusable,must be sold

i believe you wont cry so hard after you reach high tiers and youll have radar on your damn german dd also. what can i do then against you with my useless japanese dd guns, ah? 

german dd's are OP like any line ever introduced new in this damn comapny called wargaming, and leave the other old line, or better, nerf the other lines before bringing the op german dd line, thats laughable

yet you get babies crying, they dont like their damn guns are too visible after they fire

LOL I think you are going a bit too far there. While I agree with you that the IJN line was nerfed overall, the guns on most of the DD's in the IJN line are fine, they lost a bit of damage and fire potential, but other then the 100mm on the Akizuki, the nerf on the guns was not too bad and with the Akizuki you just need to learn to change ammo types, in fact the AP actually works better against enemy DD's rather then using HE as you normally would.

MY issues with the IJN DD line have more to do with the Torpedo speed nerfs to most of the line, the range nerfs are bothersome but can be played, but the speed of the torps needs to be buffed on the IJN DD's below tier 8, or the range at which enemy ships can visually spot them needs to be adjusted.

On the German DD's I would ask you if you have actually played any of them???? Other then the Tier 2 German DD, which is rather fun to play, I have not bothered with grinding the line since, if you take the time to really look at the ships, they have serious issues that make them seriously UnderPowered when compared to any other DD line out there.

While I would say that the current state of german DD's is accurate in that Germany's Destroyers were overall garbage during World War Two, for the sake of the game, for balance's sake, they do need some buffing in terms of their concealment ratings when they fire 128mm guns... I can somewhat agree that the 150mm should make the two DD's that can use them more detectable but to have 128mm guns that have the same "Flash" penalty when fired as a Battleship's main guns is a bit too much of a stretch.

Please allow us to SELL OFF all the ARP ships littering our ports.  I'm simply not interested in ARP.  It makes it hard to manage the fleet with all the cartoon ships in the way. 

All you need to do is go to the lower left hand corner just above your ship roster and click on the "Open Ship Display panel" and to the far right inside the box you will see "Additional" with a little box with a "?" in it, below is a box that has a check mark in it with "Arpeggio" next to the box. Click on the box to remove the checkmark and you will no longer see the ARP ships in your ship roster.

LOL I love how you make it sound so difficult to "manage" your ships when the ARP ships only show up within the Japanese part of the roster. There are so many quick ways to get to your other ships rather then scrolling thru your entire roster to get to a specific ship you want. Again, the "Ship Display Panel" is your friend.... Learn to use it.

I got rid of my German DD. Maybe i'll give them another shot in a few months.   In general i am a poor player, even worse at DD play. SO, maybe DDs are not for me.  Damage numbers were very low - even for me.  

Seperately, thanks for adding yet another ship that can constantly rain fire down on everything.  Gee, if WOWS doesn't want cruisers and battleships in the game - just remove them!  (that's called sarcasm).

So far I really like this update haven't really got to try out the German destroyers except for a little bit but it looks like fun

Since I haven't posted in awhile the last update with Jap Destroyers changing I think it's kind of cool I've not played them much ( was pushing for the Bismarck )to try them either. It is kind of cool to have an excuse to relearn all the Jap destroyers again.  I will miss the old Fubuki it was where everything kind of fell into place with the old Jap Destroyers 

I do really enjoy all the new campaigns and containers thanks that's great

Could we please have an option to have the old voice effects, because I can't find a way to change it so it's like that.

The Sound effects team who are good, need to sidt down and go over the sounds once again. The Atlanta is firing and it sounds like a 22 caliber/. Horrible.

Come on guys we all know you're much better than that. Also the Radio comms sound unintelligible too compressed and levels even when adjusted are just too low.

Anyone notice that the Sun glare on certain maps makes it really hard to aim torpedo's? 

Actually makes it hard to see anything, but the torpedo arcs really suffer

Can you please please please get rid of the collision avoidance system??  It's worse than useless. I set my CV  course through some island channels in a co-op game so I could focus on TB tactics and stay shielded from enemy guns . hearing the collision alert, I returned to fins myself grounded, HEAD-ON, on one of the island shores. It wasn't a matter of missing the turn and edging onto the island,; 1: the channel was way wide enough to pass through; 2: the head-on position was opposite the turn needed to follow the plotted course. Some avoidance system.  Get rid of it; Just follow the course as plotted. Stop adjusting course for ships you can't run into anyway.  No one will complain much. At least not compared to everything else.

the forts in Bastion for Hot Spot is really Over powered. When i first spawned with my Donskoi I was already within detection range of the enemy fort, about fifteen seconds later i was fired upon from the enemy port and was set on fire several times. First three minutes of the match i already lost about 10K HP and had to use a repair. The Batteries on the forts are also Way to accurate and there odds of setting a Fire, in my opinion, is too high. trying to hit the forts themselves is hard to do as well, Several times ive tried to hit the station but all my shots missed. Its not like the fort or the Catapults we had in the Halloween event. The stations is if you get lucky and find the sweet spot which isnt easy when you are also being shot at and moving at the same time.

The game has also been crashing so much to the point i cant play for even one Hour. I have checked everything on my end and its all fine.

Edited by ArcticWolf2

The Sound effects team who are good, need to sidt down and go over the sounds once again. The Atlanta is firing and it sounds like a 22 caliber/. Horrible.

Come on guys we all know you're much better than that. Also the Radio comms sound unintelligible too compressed and levels even when adjusted are just too low.

​Happy to see someone else noticed this. I hope we can at least get the old sound back. Edited by JM1983

The update is fine, but I had a different, random question (sorry I'm asking this here, I don't know where to put it). Will you guys ever buff the Montana and how would you do it? Realistically it had great penetration (similar to or better than the Yamato). Also if you could make it possible to get the reload and dispersion upgrade together, that would really help. As it is, she just can't match up with the other T10 BBs, and that, I think, has to be changed.

Well, after 3.5 days of this update, I have the following... for me, none of the issues that cropped up with 15.1 were resolved. Late getting into matches. Ships roll one way then 180 degrees the other when sinking. Switching from torps to guns, particularly with dd's, locks up screen. MM dropping low tier (T5) into high tier (T7) matches when theres 10k+ players online on the server. Lag, omg lag of the worst kind. The Neighbors map is notorious for unplayability with me. I've music deselected and yet it still flippin' plays in port. I'd love to support this outfit with more of my free $$ but ya'll seem to have taken a big piece of Bigpoint's and Activision's playbook and shoved it down the throats of the casual player such as myself. If ya'll have set this game up for only those with suped up pc's and no budget to spend on pixelated ships, then I should reconsider being a customer of yours. At this time, I dont feel ya'll much give a damn. Stop adding content and fix the issues ya have.

The German DDs are disappointing.

The guns are too short ranged for such fragile ships, their firing arcs are too high and floaty, their AP is incredibly bounce-prone, and the firing detection penalty is beyond stupid.

Why is a T5 DD with an 8km Gun Range getting a 14km detection radius after firing? That's just dumb and needlessly punishing.

the forts in Bastion for Hot Spot is really Over powered. When i first spawned with my Donskoi I was already within detection range of the enemy fort, about fifteen seconds later i was fired upon from the enemy port and was set on fire several times. First three minutes of the match i already lost about 10K HP and had to use a repair. The Batteries on the forts are also Way to accurate and there odds of setting a Fire, in my opinion, is too high. trying to hit the forts themselves is hard to do as well, Several times ive tried to hit the station but all my shots missed. Its not like the fort or the Catapults we had in the Halloween event. The stations is if you get lucky and find the sweet spot which isnt easy when you are also being shot at and moving at the same time.

The game has also been crashing so much to the point i cant play for even one Hour. I have checked everything on my end and its all fine.

thank god some else experienced and wrote up their thoughs on this as well.

HUGE detection bloom on firing my guns, Gaede, up to 16 km detect with both 128s and 150s, so I'm no longer playing german dds. ill go back to my usn and ijn and ussr dds